Chapter 1

For A Change

 

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, Myungsoo, Sungjong, Woohyun and Sungyeol were all in the living room. Sunggyu was watching over them have a playful fight. He sighed deeply and looked at the clock before looking at the front door. His expression turned darker as time goes by. He felt sick, worried and his heart was racing for something he didn’t know about.

Dongwoo’s distinctive laugh caught his attention. He couldn’t hold it in anymore.

He looked at his brothers before saying, “Mum’s adopting again.” Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. Their smiles disappeared and the room was still and silent.

Woohyun was the first one to break it. “What?” They walked slowly towards where Sunggyu was sitting, surrounding him. Their positions looked like they were ganging up on him. Sunggyu looked at each one of them in the eyes. His eyes would trace down to look at the hidden bruises and cuts on their bodies before moving on to see the sadness in the next person’s eyes.

“Is she mad!?” Sungyeol shouted. He was angry alright.

Myungsoo shook his head, “I think we clarified that a long time ago.”

Sungjong scoffed at his hyung’s comment, “Well, done Sherlock.”

“Enough.” Sunggyu’s voice was low and serious. “We don’t have time for sarcasms and such.”

“I just hope he’s strong and can bear a lot of pain” Sungyeol said. Everyone nodded lightly in agreement. “It’d be a pain if he was skinny like Sungjong”. Sungjong gave Sungyeol a dirty look and stuck his tongue out. Sungyeol, being the choding he is, stuck his tongue back out. Sunggyu gave them both a look and that made them lower their heads, avoiding the lasers shooting out of Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner?” Hoya asked. Sunggyu shrugged in response. He actually didn’t why he didn’t tell them.

 “Do you know who it is?” Woohyun was getting worried by the minute.

“She never told me.” Sunggyu replied calmly.

“Do you think she was planning this for a long time?” Myungsoo’s expression turned cold.

“Probably. It’s been more than a year since she adopted Sungjong.” Sunggyu still looked calm.

Sungyeol looked up. “Why aren’t you freaking out? Why aren’t you worried?”

Sunggyu kept his calm position. “Oh trust me Sungyeol, I’m freaking out right now and I’m worried as you would ever be. I have another person to protect from her filthy hands. It would be a lot calmer if you don’t throw questions at me like who it is and stuff.”

Dongwoo straightened up after realising something, “Wait... Is she...?” He didn’t even bother finishing his sentence, knowing that the others knew what he was asking.

“Yes. They’re on their way home now.” Sunggyu replied whilst nodding towards the door.

Right on cue, the door opened slowly. The boys rushed over and stood in the line, exactly how their mother told them to. They were ready to greet their new step sibling. As the door opened wider, their eyes started to get bigger and their mouths pressed into a thin line.

The others didn’t forget their manners as soon as they saw their mother. They bowed in respect to greet their new sibling. Sunggyu, however, was dumbfounded as he didn’t think that the person in front of him would come back.