Chapter 5

When Love Lost Its Way

Baekhyun POV

Yoona stepped into the grandballroom at International Exhibition centre for Thrart closing party. She kept looking around, I guess she doesn't know that I'm Chul.

Taeyeon walked over and stand beside me, "So, she's Yun?", pointing at the girl in light pink, which is Yoona.

"Probably." I answered Taeyeon.

Suddenly, a woman in purple accidentally spilled wine on Yoona's dress. "I'm really sorry! I accidentally tripped!"

"What's going on?" Taeyeon ask me.

"I don't know, let's go and see."

"Hey, is that girl." Suho says.

"What is going on? Why is she so dirty?" D.O ask me.

Yoona POV

I haven't seen Chul yet, so I can't leave, but where exactly is Chul? I have to find him! 

I started looking around.

These people are all staring at me, are they mocking me? 

I look at Baekhyun, even him...is mocking me? 

I look down, suddenly a tear starts to fall, I ran and left the party.

"Quickly go after her!" Taeyeon shouts at Baekhyun.

"You are worried that if she finds out, she will be more hurt if she finds out that Chul sees all this right? Alright, I'll go chase after her." Taeyeon says to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just looks at Taeyeon.

I walked to a stone bridge, wiping the tears that fell, I kept sobbing non-stop. Suddenly, a pretty noona came.

"Here, for you." She handed me a blue-grey scarf. I just looked at her. She put her sliver clutch on the stone bridge and started to help me clean off the dirt on my dress.

We look at each other, "You're Yun?" That pretty noona ask me. I kept slient and keep staring at her.

Its about 9pm already, me and that pretty noona sat together.

"Thank you." I said.

The pretty noona smiled and said,"Don't worry."

"How did you know I was Yun? Are you Chul?"

"I'm Chul's friend, Taeyeon."

"Did Chul came? Did Chul witness all that just now?"

"Don't worry, Chul did not come, he have something on today. He asked me to tell you something, you've been hired by him."

"I'm hired? Really? You're not lying?"

"Of course its real, the design you made, he really like it. He's certain that you're the person he's looking for."

I smiled. "That's good! Finally something today that made me happy."

-

Baekhyun POV

"A red wine please. Thank you." I said to the bartender.

Taeyeon came over and pat me on the shoulder, "Is she alright?" I ask.

"You only cared about her, but I'm the one who lost the most. I've ruined one of my silk scarves. That one was my favourite, and it cost $200!" Taeyeon whined. I smiled, "Don't worry, I have already told her, that you couldn't come because of an event. I feel like she's very worried, that you might have seen her embrrassed herself. Oh right! I told her that she's been hired too!" I just sighed. "What was I supposed to do? A girl who was crying like that, how can you not make her feel better by giving her something good? Since I already said it, just accept it. Even though I don't know why you like her design so much." I just looked away. "What is it? It is alright that I took it that way?" Taeyeon ask. "It's fine." I answered.

-

Yoona POV

"Uncle, I'm back."

"Oh, you're home. What happened? Didn't you said that you went for a party?" 

"I went. A lady just accidentally spilled wine on me."

"Hurry up and go wash up!"

-

"Yoona, I have something to tell you." My uncle said to me while I was drying my hair with a towel.

I took a seat beside uncle. "You are...Kwon's chairman grand daughter." 

"What? Are you serious?" I got too shock and I started crying. My only relative left is my grand father...

"I have kept this secret for 10 years. Do you want me to bring you to President Kwon? Yoona, what is wrong with you? Did you hear what I said?"

"I don't know. I can't believe my grandfather is still around."

Uncle nodded, "You are right! You still have a grandfather that has been looking for you all this years. You should go and reunite with your grandfather." Uncle sighed. "I will bring you to Kwon household now, lets go!" Uncle stood up and look at me who was still sitting down. "You don't want to go?" I shook my head. "Then what do you plan on doing?" 

"I don't know." That was my answer. "I'm really confused right now, let me go and think about this first, uncle." I walked back to my room.

-

I went online and search about Kwon's company and my grandfather.

Flashback 

"Don't run! Stay where you are!" 

My dad and I was running away from people. My dad carried me and hide in one corner, the chasers lost us.

"Dad, who are they? Why do they want to catch us?" I asked my dad, Im Hyun Su.

"They are the people that your grandfather ordered them to catch us." My dad kept coughing and panting.

"But why does grandpa wants to catch us?"

"Because he wishes that you can stay with him. But if that happens, you have to leave dad. You want that?"

"I dont want! I don't want to leave dad!" I embrace my dad into a hug.

We moved into a new house, to be specific, 1 room and 1 small living room. Dad was hanging up a wind chime by the window, that was the one that mum made before she left this world. It has a semi-hollow glass globe with pink, green and blue wavy stripes and below it was the chimes, it was all stringed up by a red string.

"That's mum wind chime!"I pointed at it.

Dad carried me to get a better view of it. "If we have that, no matter where we move, mum will still be with us." My dad said. I nodded.

One day, we were walking back home, it was raining heavily, dad kept coughing and coughing, when I ask if he was alright he just nodded.

Suddenly a car pulled up beside us and dad quickly ask me to ran. We hid in a bush.

"Here, Yoona, take my jacket, don't be afraid." and suddenly, my dad started coughing and he fainted on the ground. 

End of flashback

I sat at on my bed.

So, you are my grandfather. You are the person that killed my dad. 

I think its a really long post...kekeke...

Snowyhappy: Hahaha! Maybe...few more chapters away? The only person that knows all this, is Baekhyun. Thanks for not being a slient reader! :D