4| Ddeokbokki and Jealousy

Always on my Mind

Hyoyeon POV

I was skipping along in the rainy morning air. I turned and headed to me and Chen's favorite food court. I planned to brag to him that I got ddeokbokki without him. Ddeokbokki is Chen and I's favorite food. I was skipping to the stand, when I saw Kris, sitting at a table with a rice ball, and his head in his hands. I decided to order my food, then see what's with him.

 

“One ddeokbokki please.” I said. Then I paid the lady. After a few minutes she handed me the food. I quickly started eating while walking to Kris. I sat down across from him.

 

“Are you okay Krisy?”

 

“Don't call me Krisy.” He grumbled.

 

“Fine. Are you okay Krisy-kris?”

 

He just sighed. I could tell I was making him more annoyed. “I'm fine.”

 

I took another bite of my food. “No you're not. What's wrong?”

 

He heaved another sigh. I looked at him confused. “It's nothing. And if it was something, I wouldn't tell you. And it's embarrassing.”

 

“I won't make fun of you!”

 

“Exactly.” he picked up his rice ball, and started to get up. “I'm not telling you.”

 

I got up and followed him. “Kris! Wait!”

 

“No!”

 

“Cowboy!” I yelled. He stopped and turned around.

 

“What did you call me?”

 

“It's called research. The internet says your nickname's Cowboy.”

 

“You researched me?!”

 

“Yeah! It's not like you haven't researched me...”

 

He just went silent.

 

“Kris. Please tell me what's wrong.” I begged. He just started to run. I sighed and started to chase him. “If you've researched me enough, then you'd know that I took track and field! I'm a fast runner!” I called to him. He ran faster. I sprinted after him. I got on his heels, and tackled him. He yelped as we fell to the ground.

 

“You.” he said. I looked at him confused.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“You. That's what's wrong.” We both got up. I hugged him. More like squeezed him. He looked surprised. “Hyoyeon! Get off of me!” He tried to slip me off. I squeezed him tighter. Then I started to fake-cry.

 

“I'm sorry!” I said in between fake-gasps. “Whatever I did, I'm sorry!” I didn't even know what I was apologizing to, or if I was even the real problem. He could've just said that to get me to stop bugging him.

 

After a little while, he slipped me off of him. I sniffled and flicked a fake tear off of my cheek.

 

“Okay, but Kris, what I do.”

 

He threw his hands up in the air and walked away.

----

Chen POV

 

“It's. So. Hot. In. Here.” I groaned at Lay, stripping off my shirt and flopping onto my bed. Lay rolled his eyes.

 

“I'm hot, and I'm not going around taking off my shirt.” He crossed his arms.

 

“Dude, fell free! All guys here...”

 

Lay huffed again. And looked away. Then I saw tears form in his eyes.

 

“Lay?!” I half yelled, sitting up. He cracked. He burst out into tears. I got up and sat beside him and rubbed his back. “Dude! What's wrong?!”

 

“I'm just so emotional!” He croaked in between sobs. I stopped rubbing his back and put my head in my hands. Oh dear lord. Today? Really? He's having one of his monthly emotional days. Last month, (August) he had it on the 16th. This month, the 4th.

 

(School starts in August, and ends in March, Hyoyeon came on August 26th, and the school year started on the 2nd.)

 

I shoved the crying Lay out of the room, and into Xiumin's arms.

 

“You guys take care of him!” I shouted. “I can't stand him anymore right now!”

 

“Now you're banishing me!” Lay croaked in between sobs. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door to our room shut. He kept sobbing. I flopped onto my bed and groaned.

 

Suddenly, it went silent out there. *Wow!*I thought. *They're amazing! I could never get him to shut up that fast...* Then my bed room door opened. I automaticly knew what made them silent. Hyoyeon was standing there. When she saw me, she just turned around and walked out.

 

“Hyoyeon!” I called. I got up and followed her out. I put my hand on her shoulder.

 

“Don't touch me until you have a shirt on.” She snapped. I made a 'what the heck' face.

 

“I'm your bestfriend. You can't be that uncomfortable...”

 

“Well I am.” she snapped again, not looking at me. I sighed and walkedback into my room. I put on a white tank top. I walked back out. “I said SHIRT.” she stubbornly pushed. I threw my hands up in the air and walked back into my room. I got on a plain red shirt and mozied back out. Finally, she spun around and looked at me.

 

“Wanna go on a walk?” she asked, with a smirk on her face.

 

“Sure... why the smirk?”

 

“I got ddeokbokki at the food stand without you.” she smirked. I gaped at her.

 

“Please tell me it wasn't good.” I pleaded.

 

“Oh Chen. It was very good.” She burst into evil laughter. I smacked her right cheek. She pouted and clutched it. I smirked this time. She glared at me.

 

“Go change.” She said pushing me into my room. I took off my shorts and put on jeans, then I grabbed a black EXO pull over sweatshirt. I walked back out. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and walked into my room.

 

“Hyoyeon, what are you doing?!” I asked walking in after her.

 

“You need a hat, gloves, coat, and scarf.” She said. I noticed she was all bundled. I sighed. She started to throw open my drawers.

 

“Hyoyeon! Stop! You're going to open my--” I was too late. She shrieked and slapped her hand over her eyes. She apparently opened my underwear drawer.

 

“I skipped the first drawer! Everyone in their right mind, put their underwear in the first drawer!!!” She yelled. “J-just get a h-hat, gloves, scarf, a-and coat.” She stuttered, with her hand still clapped over her eyes. Then she walked out. I rolled my eyes, and put everything she told me to put on, on. Then I walked back out. We linked arms and walked out of the dorm. She was still avoiding my eye contact when we got out of the building.

 

“Hyoyeon, stop being so dramatic. What do you expect having a guy as a bestfriend?”

 

“Him having his underwear in the first drawer.” She said, still looking forward.

 

I sighed. We just walked in silence for a bit. Then she turned to me.

 

“Wanna get ddeokbokki?” She asked with a sly look on her face.

 

“Ne, but I get two servings!” I said waving my finger. She gaped at me for a moment, the nodded.

 

“Fine. I guess it's kinda fair...” She reasoned. I rolled my eyes again. We walked to the food court, where Hyoyeon and I usually get our ddeokbokki, and ordered three servings of it. We had a little argument about who's paying, and finally took out my wallet and paid. Hyoyeon had a evil grin as I paid the man.

 

“Thank you.” I said taking my food and going to a bench. I took a few bites of my food and noticed Hyoyeon wasn't sitting beside me. I patted the bench beside me.

 

“Sit!” I said.

 

“I'm not a dog.” She protested.

 

“Okay, but why aren't you sitting?”I asked. She gave the bench a disgusted look.

 

“Who knows how many people have sat there?!”

 

I sighed. “What is up with you today, Hyoyeon?!” I asked.

 

“Kris is sad because of me.” She looked kind of sad.

 

“Oh Hyoyeon. He'll be fine.” I sighed. “Now, are you really not going to sit?”

 

“Nope.” She sat on the ground in front of the bench, and took a bite of her food.

 

I heaved a sigh. “Just sit on my lap! There's still dew on the ground. I'm sure we both don't want your pants to get wet.”

 

She smiled a huge smile. “I can sit on your lap?” said Hyoyeon, now very happy looking.


“I don't see anyone else offering!” I said, looking around. She smiled and got up. Suddenly, the smile faded off of my face. She backed up, and started to run. I whimpered with fear as she jumped up in the air.

 

I felt weight on my thighs as she landed on me. I whimpered again, when a great pain went to my crotch.

 

Hyoyeon POV

The smile faded off of Chen's face. I backed up, still an evil smile planted on my face. I started to run. He whimpered. I jumped up in the air and landed on him. I started the laugh. He whimpered again, looking in pain, with his hands over his crotch. I stopped laughing and stood up.

 

“Don't hold that place!” I yelled, disgusted. His expression didn't change.

 

“It's... all... you're... FAULT!” He half yelled. He pointed a finger at me and glared.

 

“You don't have to... clutch it...” I cringed.

 

“IT HURTS!!!”

 

Another smile crept upon my face. “Would you like me to kiss da boo boo?” I asked, laughing. He sqeaked. He threw himself up and started to run away. “Chen! I was kidding!!” I called after him.

 

*What's up with boys running away from me this morning?* I thought, running after him.

 

“Really?! You didn't sound like it!!” He called over his shoulder. I face palmed. I chased him all over the town. We ran for a while, covering a lot of distance. Geez, that boy has energy. Right when I thought I'd have to give out, (we'd been running for about 45 minutes.) he climbed up a tall tree, then smirked down at me.

 

“Come and get me.” He yelled.

 

Chen POV

 

I was starting to get tired. Hyoyeon has been chasing me for 48 minutes, and hasn't given up. I was starting to get tired, judging upon how it's only 8AM.

 

*You can't give up, she'll think you're a wimp.* I thought. Then an idea planted into my mind. She has difficulties climbing trees, because she has a fear of falling. I turned, and climbed a tall tree. I smirked down at Hyoyeon, who stopped in front of the tree.

 

“Come and get me.” I yelled down, making myself comfortable in the tree. She pouted. *Aish! So cute. No! You can't say she's cute. She's your best friend.* I shook the thought out of my mind.

 

“Trying to lure me down my pouting!” I yelled. She nodded.
 

Kris POV

 

“Okay Kris. What's wrong?” asked Kai, walking into my room and sitting on the end of my bed.

 

“Nothing's wrong! Why's everyone think something's wrong?”

 

“Because somethings wrong, and you're being a and not telling anyone.”

 

I sighed. I guess that's true. “Well--” I hesitated. It's kind of a ridiculous reason, but it's troubling me. “i-it's Hyoyeon.”

 

“What'd she do?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Then what?!”

 

“She likes Chen.”

 

“Nahh, I don't think so—Why are you troubled by that?!”

 

I sighed again.

 

“Okay Kris, a girl has her guy friends, her bestfriends who are guys, her crushes, and her boyfriends. They DO NOT get mixed up. And, my friend, Chen falls into the bestfriend collom.” Kai said.

 

“And how do you know? Huh?” I protested. “How do you know she doesn't like Chen? Have you asked her?”

 

“No, but this is how I know. When a girl and a guy are bestfriends, one of them like the other one--” Kai started to say. I cut him off.

 

“EXSACTLY!!” I shouted.

 

“--and CHEN LIKES HYOYEON!!” He shouted back. I crossed my arms. “She likes—more like loves him as a friend.”

 

I sighed again, deciding if he's right or not. *I hope he's right, because if he's not, then Chen's got a good chance of having her as a girlfriend.* I sorrowfully thought.

 

“You sure?” I asked.

 

“Yes. I'm am very sure.” he said, putting his hand on my shoulder, smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long chappie!! (:

I didn't end it that well...

I didn't know what to put...

hehe~

I hope you like this one.

Well, sorry for not updating as fast. ):

Please comment and subcribe!

>.<