12| Denial

Always on my Mind

That night I sat in bed pondering. Do I really want to leave? You'll have to remake friends, you'll have to live with mom and dad, you'll have to leave all of those idiots. Especially Chen... How am I going to tell him? And Kris... God, I don't wanna leave him! He's so hot and perfect, and maybe we'd have a chance in getting together... No! You idiot, he doesn't like you! He thinks of you as a friend, nothing more...

I plopped face down in my pillow and screamed. Then I cried, because hell, I don't wanna leave Kris. But if I went and told my dad that I didn't wanna leave, he'd know something was up.

I ended up falling asleep crying that night. How am I going to break it to them? Will they not care? Or will they be sad?

 

 

Heyyy y'all, can I talk to you?” I said, casually approaching them in the hallway. They were all crowded around Tao's locker, and when I came towards them, Tao slammed his locker shut. I didn't even want to know what was in the locker. Probably , I thought, shaking my head.

H-hey Hyoyeon... did you...” Tao said pointing to his locker.

No. Now I need to talk to the twelve of you--”

I was cut off by the bell ringing. All twelve of them went in different directions, I heard
Suho say as he passed by, something around the lines of 'tell us after class'

How am I ever going to tell them? I thought, miserably.

 

 

The next day, right when first period ended, I swerved through the huge crowd of boys, trying to find the twelve of them. After a while, I found them standing together talking near the Art classroom.

I checked my watch, and was relieved to see that I still had 6 minutes until the next period started.

Okay guys, listen up. You're not going to go prancing off to class this time, okay?”

They all looked a little weirded out, but nodded.

I opened my mouth to tell them, but then stopped, wondering how to go about doing it. As I looked at all of them, I realized how much I was going to miss them.

Are you just gonna stand there with your mouth open, or tell us whats so important?” Kris said, looking bored.

Uhh, well, I'm not going to be here at the end of the week...”

What?!” They all said in sync.

I-I'm transferring schoo--”

NO!” I wasn't sure who said screamed that, because they all looked like they could have. Luhan and Xiumin were gaping, Lay was hyperventilating, Tao was crying, Sehun was hugging Tao, Suho was staring at the ground, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were looking at me like they couldn't believe what just came out of my mouth, Kai was hugging Kyungsoo, Kris was looking at me with a hurt expression, and Chen fainted.

Chen?” I said, trying to ignore the look Kris gave me. I rushed over to him and squatted beside him. “Chen!” this time I yelled that. “Someone help me get him to the nurse's office!” I yelled, trying to pick him up by his shoulders. He was heavier than I thought he was.

I started dragging him along, when Kai let go of Kyungsoo, and grabbed Chen's feet, and we carried him along to the nurse's office.

Kai and I got to skip that next period and sit with Chen in the nurse's office, waiting for him to wake up. Kai, Chen and I were the only one's in the office at the momnet, because the nurse said she had to go grab something.

Chen was laying on a cheap small mattress that his feet hung over, even though he's super short, with some parchment paper over it. The pillow was also wrapped in paper, so if he moved, it would make a loud crinkle noise.

I was sitting on the end of the bed, and Kai had a chair pulled up beside the bed. There was an awkward silence between us, and we both just stared at Chen.

Kai cleared his throat. “You're really going?”

I looked at him and nodded.

Where?”

I shrugged. “Maybe public school.”

Public school?! Public school is hell on a silver platter! What's so bad about this school?!” he yelled.

Wel--”

Well it's way better than public school! Have you even been there?!”

Have you?!” I snapped.

Yes! Freshman year! I had so many girls ask me out! It was horrible! I had like a group of them following me constantly! Some even switched classes to be with me! They'd barely let me focus on the teacher! And guess who always got in trouble for it? This guy!” he yelled, pointing at himself.

Kai, thanks for the concern, but I can really handle myself--”

He got out of his chair and sqatted in front of me. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me right in the eye.

I mean I know you're a girl at an all boys school and all, and you might feel left out, but you have me and the guys! You're like a little sister to me, and I don't want you to leave!”

I opened my mouth to reply, but the nurse came in and interrupted what I was going to say.

Kai got up and sat back down in his chair. He kept glancing at me, and it made me sad. We continued to wait for Chen to awake in silence.

 

 

I sat in my dorm room, on my bed, eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I was on my second pint, and crying, watching sad K-dramas.

I cried about public school, then about this school, then about what Kai said, then all of their reactions when I told them, then about how Chen fainted, then about Kris.

Just when I was about to pick up my third pint of ice cream, there was a knock on my door.

Go away!” I screamed. I turned up the volume on the TV and continued sobbing. Then when the knock came again, I got up.

I was wearing one of Kris's white undershirts, that I stole from his laundry basket, red Micky Mouse pajama pants, and my bunny slippers. My hair was up in a messy bun, and I'm pretty sure there was chocolate around my mouth.

When I opened the door, I was shocked to see Kris there. My eyes widened, and I started to vigorously wipe around my mouth, trying to get the chocolate off my face. He cracked a smile and wiped some off of my nose. I looked down at the floor thrying to hide my blush.

Are you going to let me in or not?” he asked.

I looked at him, hoping my blush went away.

Geez now you're sounding like a vampire.” I joked.

He smiled. “I promise I'm not a vampire. And if I was, I wouldn't want to drink your blood.” he wrinkled his nose. “You'd taste nasty.”

I puffed out my bottom lip. “That's not very nice.”

Well, if your blood tastes bad, then you'll have a better chance of not getting eaten.” he said thoughtfully.

I smiled, and stepped aside to let him in.

He came in and plopped down on my bed.

What cha watchin'?” he asked. Before I could reply, he answered his own question—well, kind of. “Sad stuff. Let's watch something else.”

He picked up the remote and changed the channel to some cheesy game show.

Hey! Kris, turn that back! I was watching that.” I huffed, snatching the remove out of his hands and turning the channel back to what it was just on.

Ahh c'mon, you'll be able to watch that in a few days on dramafever,” he whined. “Plus, that's a good show, turn it back.”

Why'd you even come up here in the first place if you're just gonna be a TV hog?”

Oh, well, Chen woke up a while ago.” he said, changing his mood to a serious one. “We told him why he fainted, and he shut himself up in the bathroom. That was a few hours ago, and as far as I know, he's still in there.”

I nodded. I didn't exactly know what to say to that. “Uh, well it's good he woke up.” I said.

Kris stared at me right in the eyes for a moment. Un-able to keep the eye contact, I turned my head away, but I could still feel his gaze on me.

You're really going, aren't you,” he whispered, so it was barely audible.

I nodded and looked at him. I could see the sadness in his eyes.

I cracked a smile and pushed his arm. “I'm not dying, I'm just transferring schools. I'll still be able to see you on weekends and stuff.”

Yeah, but it won't be the same.” he said, looking away. “What's so bad about this school anyway?”

I sighed. “You wouldn't understand. You should see the way the teachers look at me. It's like I'm some boy crazy spoiled brat. They see me hanging around you guys, and they always glare at me. I can tell that they don't like me.”

Well screw the teachers, they're all stupid to be thinking that about you.” Kris said.

Other girls too. Once I think I might be able to make another friend or something, they ask me what school I go to, I say this one, and suddenly they get all cold and moody and I just get an 'oh' and they walk away.”

Screw them too! What about me! What am I gonna do without you?”

W-what?” I said, shocked, turning to him.

I—I mean, you're my best friend and y'know I'm gonna miss you...” he said, blushing deeply and avoiding eye-contact. Then he stood up, looking awkward. “Uh, well, I'd better check on Chen...he might be out now... so uh yeah bye.” he said and scurried out of my dorm room.

I sat, gaping, not moving at all. Does that mean he...likes me? I thought, blushing at the thought of it. Then another part of my mind replied, No, of course not you idiot. You're just making thing up in your mind. You heard the guy! He just thinks of you as a best friend.

I laid face down in my pillow. But I like him, a lot. Ugh what am I going to do! I thought. I sighed, and turned over so I was looking at the ceiling.

You're going to go to public school. You already told mom and dad, so it's final.


Yay, faster updates! I'm updating more now 'cause it's getting more interesting and fun to write!

Thanks for subscribing! Wow, last update I had 55 subscribers, and now I have 64!

You guys are awesome and make me happy~

Tomorrow's my birthday!! So consider this a birthday update--well an early birthday update xD

Did you like this chapter?? hehe HyoKris~~

I love you all~!