5| Mischief

Always on my Mind

Chen POV

          “Lay hurry up and finish your chapter! I'm tired.” I said to Lay. It's 11pm, and we have school tomorrow. Lay has been reading for the past hour and a half, and when I tell him that I'm going to turn off the light, he yells: 'I'm almost done!' but, the last time he said that was like 15 minutes ago. I reached out my hand and clicked off the lamp.

 

          “CHEN!! I SAID I WAS ALMOST DONE!” he screamed at me.

 

          “LAY! You said that TWENTY MINUTES AGO!” I yelled back. He got up and reached for the lamp. I got up too, and slapped his hand away. “Lay! We have school tomorrow!!” I yelled.

 

          “SO?! WE ALWAYS STAY UP! I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER.” he yelled, waving his book in my face. I slapped that away too.

 

          “When is the chapter gonna be done?! Huh?! 3Am?!” I yelled.

 

          “SURE! If I'm planing on reading FIVE FREAKING MORE CHAPTERS! I only have ONE PAGE LEFT. And you know that I'm a fast reader!”

 

          “No. You are gonna finish tomorrow!”

 

          “No. I'm gonna finish tonight!”

 

          “Tomorrow!”

 

          “Tonight!”

 

         “Tomorrow!”

 

          “Tonight.

 

          “Lay. We. Have. School. TOMORROW.”

 

          “Chen. I. Have. One. More. PAGE.”

 

          "NO. We. Are. SLEEPING.”

 

          “What's the point of not letting me finish the page?! We're just gonna be laying in bed for like another half hour! I could just take 1 or 2 minutes out of that half hour! IT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.”

 

          “FINE!! Only one minute. After one minute passes, I'm turning off the light.” I yelled. I started to count. Lay opened his book, and started to read, still standing.

 

          *9,8,7,6...*

 

          “DONE!!” yelled Lay. We glared at each other for a moment, then I turned off the light. We both got into our beds, still glaring. We finally looked away and went to our own thoughts.

----

          “Damn it! Chen! We're late!” yelled Lay's voice, making me wake up. He was sitting up in his bed, starting at the clock. I sat up. He was right. School starts at 7:30, and the clock says 8:24.

 

          “Why the hell didn't they wake us?!” I yelled. Lay shrugged and walked out. He came back in and said,

 

          “Maybe 'cause they didn't wake up.”

 

          I sighed. I got up stood beside him.

 

         “Is Hyoyeon up?”

 

          “How would I know?!”

 

          I sighed again. I walked out of our room. I was gonna check. As I was passing the counter, something caught my eye. A note. I picked it up. Lay came over to me and looked at it too. We both read it. It said,

 

          Guys,

          Good morning! You have probably noticed that you're late for school. If you haven't noticed, then all I can say is, you're late guys!! So, you're probably wondering why I didn't wake you guys. Well, I tried. Then I called in Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho, Sehun, and D.O. to help, and they couldn't wake you all up either. Oh yeah, HEY KRIS, D.O. HAS A BRUISE ON HIS SHIN BECAUSE YOU KICKED HIM!! Anyway, so we all left, and don't worry, we told your teachers that you're all lazy butts and wouldn't get up. (No joke). So, we are all at school. See you at lunch!!!

                                                        With love, (and an arm that hurts, Thanks Lay ):<)

                                                                                                          Hyoyeon.

         “We're not that deep of sleepers, are we?” said Xiumin. I noticed all of the guys were out here, reading over my shoulder.

 

          “I guess so,” said Luhan. We all cleared that spot and went to go get in our uniforms. I was walking in to our room, talking to Lay, when I noticed Kris glaring at me. I stopped.

 

          “Uh, Kris?” I asked. He looked away from me.

 

          “What?!” he snapped.

 

          “You were glaring at me.”

 

          “No I wasn't.”

 

          I sighed and walked away.

----

Hyoyeon POV

          I was in fourth period. There were 6 more minutes until lunch. I sighed. I didn't have time to eat anything this morning, so I planned on having a big lunch. But, since there's only 6 more minutes until lunch, and the teacher is just lecturing about stuff I already know, it's torture. I thought of asking to go the bathroom and just go to a nearby restaurant, but if my parent find out, I'll be toast. *mmm,* I thought. *toast sounds good right now...*

 

          Interrupting my thoughts, my phone buzzed. The whole class, (including the teacher,) looked up and me.

 

          “Texting in class Ms. Kim?” The teacher asked.

 

          “N-no!” I sputtered.

 

          “They all say that. After school you scrub the gym floors.”

 

----

          I was angrily running down the hallway. When I found Kris, I ran up to him and chucked my phone at his forehead.

 

          “Stupid ing giant!” I screamed at him. He was rubbing his forehead where the phone hit.

 

          “What did I do?!” I yelled.

 

          “Because of your text, I have to scrub the gym floors after school!!”

 

          “Did you even read it?”

 

         “NO!!”

 

          “READ IT!”

 

          I huffed and clicked on the message.

 

To: Hyoyeon,

I need that $50.01 from you ASAP.

From: ugly buttface

 

          “You needed to text me that you need $50.01 WHEN THERE WHERE 6 MORE FREAKING MINUTES OF CLASS?!?!”

 

          “YES!”

 

          “IT'S NOT MY FAULT I FORGOT TO PUT MONEY IN MY WALLET AND YOU WERE THERE WITH THE MONEY I NEEDED!”

 

          “YES IT IS!”

 

          I was about to scream at him again, when Chen stepped inbetween us.

 

          “Guys!” he yelled. “Shut up!”

 

          We both glared at him. Kris shoved him out of the way and we kept arguing. Chen threw his hands up in the air and walked away. After a little while, Chanyeol and Kai attempted to stop the yelling, but utterly failed. They ran away, then came back with the principle.

 

          “Wu Fan and Kim Hyoyeon! I demand for you two to stop.” He roared over our fighting. We stopped and looked at him. “Because of this, you're both going to scrub the gym floors after school.” He said, emphasizing the 'both'.

----

          “Here are the buckets. Fill them with water and this soap. The scrubbers are inside the buckets.” The principle said, handing us everything we needed to scrub the floors.

 

Author POV

          Hyoyeon and Kris set off to fill the buckets. When they got everything filled and ready, they walked to the huge gym. Kris took one bucket and walked to the right side of the gym, and Hyoyeon took the other bucket and went to the left. They had to shout to hear each other.

 

         “It's all your fault we are doing this!”Hyoyeon yelled to Kris. Kris rolled his eyes and pretended not to hear her. “Kris! I know you can hear me!” She yelled again.

 

          They worked in silence after that. After about a half hour, Kris got up and left the gym to get a drink of water in the hallway. Hyoyeon stopped working, and laid on the floor beside the bucket,with the scrubber in her hand. She puffed air out of her cheeks, and closed her eyes. It had been a long day, and her arm still hurt from where Lay kicked her that morning.

 

          Slowly, without noticing, she dozed off into a deep sleep.

 

          Kris, on the other hand, finished his drink, and walked back into the gym. He didn't bother to look at Hyoyeon. He set to work. After a while, he noticed that there were no scrubbing noises coming from the other side of the gym. He looked over, just to see Hyoyeon asleep. He sighed, and got up. He walked towards Hyoyeon's sleeping body. He stopped in front of her, and kicked her ribs. She stirred. He kicked her again. She grunted, and waved her hand, still half asleep. He picked up her bucket, and poured it on her. Hyoyeon screamed, and jumped awake. Kris burst out laughing at her. He laughed until he cried. Hyoyeon got up and got his bucket. Kris was on the floor laughing now. She dumped the water on him. Now Hyoyeon was the one laughing.

 

          “Well,” she said. “This makes the job easier for me!” She put one hand on his chest, and one on his stomach. Then she pushed him.

 

          Kris sat up. “Get your hands off!” He yelled. She kept laughing.

----

          Chen, on the other hand, was sitting on his bed, listening to Lay blab on and on about he girl he has a crush on, and how she smiled at him today when he got lunch.

 

          “--so, I was walking with Xiumin to the restaurant, and guess who was there? Her! The beautiful Kim Taeyeon!”

 

          Before he could keep going on, Chen chirped in. “You do know that she's one of Hyoyeon's best friends?”

 

“REALLY?! Oh. My. God. SHE HAS TO INTRODUCE ME TO HER!!” Lay yelled, jumping up and down.

 

          “Lay, she could be in a relationship.”

 

          Lay stopped jumping and slumped his shoulders.

 

          “I guess.” He said. Chen got up and left Lay to pout. He walked to the gym to tell Hyoyeon that he has to introduce Taeyeon to Lay. He just expected them to be all bored, just scrubbing the floor, but he found something way different.

 

          “KRIS?! HYOYEON?!” He yelled “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating for a long time. :(

I'm ashamed of myself.

But, I hope the chappie pays off

for how long it's been since I've updated.

I really hope you guys liked it!

I'll started writing the next chappie,

and I promise it won't take me as long to update.

Did you guys like the cliff hanger? >:)

Well, please comment and subscribe!\

Oh, and if you guy want you story reviewed by me or leetaemin32596, go here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/339510/l-i-g-h-t-b-u-l-b-story-review-shop-shinee-exo-boyfriend-reviews-storyreviews-cows

-- L I G H T B U L B -- [story review shop]

Please check us out!