A Trip to the Past

When Fate Brings Us Back Together ♥

    You were just done taking a shower and was now hurriedly getting dressed. Kai was waiting for you in the lobby.

*Aish! Why do I have to rush to get ready? We have a whole freakin week of free time! Why does he want me to go with him so early in the morning?*

---------- (a few minutes ago)

"A trip to the past!!!!" Kai said with a big smile on his face.

"What???" You asked really confused.

"I will explain it to you later! Just hurry and go get ready! I will wait for you in the lobby!" Kai said. And with that he left to go to the lobby.

"Wait! Wh-what???" You tried to call out to him but he acted like he didn't here you. You just stood looking completely lost.

"You better hurry and get ready. You don't want to keep him waitng," You heard someone say. You turned around and saw Ailee. She had been listening to your conversation with Kai.

"What? I dont even know what this is about," You replied.

"Just go. It going to be for the best. Trust me!" She said.

You looked at her suspiciously. *Does she know something I don't?*

"Why are you looking at me like that? Just hurry up and got get ready!" She told you.

You sighed, "Yes, Umma!" *I guess it won't hurt to go."

---------

    After you were done getting dressed, you combed your hair quickly and went outside of the bathroom.

"I'm leaving now!" You told Ailee, who was lazly laying down on her bed reading a magazine.

Without looking up from her magazone, she replied, "Okay! Have fun!"

You made your way to the hotel lobby, finding Kai waiting for you by the front desk. You walked  towards him. 

Kai saw you and asked "Are you ready?"

You nodded your head. "But where are we going?" You asked.

"I told you! We are going on a trip to the past!" Kai replied.

You rolled your eyes. "I know that! But where exactly are we going?"

"Well... Remeber that day i made a promise to you? Well this is how im going to make you remeber me! I'm going to take you to 3 places where me and you always visited." He explained.

You nodded your head in understandment. "Okay... So where is the first stop?"

"Ummm...." Kai bit his lip while thinking of a place to go. Your eyes subconsiously started to stare at his lips. *Omo! Does he really have to bite his lip? Why can he make this act so attractive?* You mentally face palmed yourself. *Min ah! Get a hold of yourself! Don't fall for retarted stuff like this!* You shook your head to get the thought out of your mind. When you looked back at Kai, you noticed he was staring at you.

Kai smirked, "What? Were you thinking of how attractive I am?"

You shook your head, "N-No! Wh-Why would I th-think that!"

Your face started to blush. Kai started chuckling at your response. He thought it was cute.

"An-Anyways where are we going?" You asked trying to change the subject.

"Well... We didnt eat breakfast yet right? I know of a cafe that we used to go to all the time!" He gestured toward the door. "Shall we go?"

You nodded your head and followed his lead to a taxi cab waiting outside. You arrived at a cafe that you never seen before but felt really familiar. Both of you entered and sat at a small table. You were sitting on the opposite side of Kai. 

"Hello! May I take your order?" The waitress asked. (A/N: Red meaning they are speaking in english, since they are in California)

You looked at Kai. You don't know the place, so you didn't know what to order. Kai somehow got your messaged and ordered for the both of you.

"Can we have 2 slices of coffee cake and 2 hot chocolates please?" Kai said.

"Okay! Your order will be done in a few minutes. I will bring it over once its finish!" replied the waitress before going to another table to take an order.

"Thank you!" You replied. You started to look around the cafe. Everything felt familiar but you couldn't remeber a thing.

"So... do you remeber anything? The food I ordered is what we used to order all the time when we came here together," Kai asked when he notice you looking around.

"No but everything feels familiar," you replied, then continued looking around the cafe. Kai smiled at your answer. He was satisfied that you thought that the place was familiar. It showed that you might be able to remeber things.

"By the way... Why did you take me here so early? Its barely 8:00 am. We have a whole week of free time too." You asked.

"Its because I thought you will be busy the whole week hanging aroung with your friends. I also wanted you to try to remeber our past together through out the week." Kai replied.

You nodded your head while making a "O" shape with your mouth. After a few minutes, your order came. While eating, Kai explained how you and him used to come here after school and order the same food. After finishing your food, Kai took you to a beach.

"So why are we here?" You asked Kai while walking along the shore.

"Every summer, your family and mine would come here to have some fun. Me and you used to walk along the shore, talk about random things, and sometimes build sandcastled together." Kai said while smiling. He was remembering all the fun moments that happened at that very beach.

"So my family is close with your family?" You asked curiously.

"Yeah. Since we have been bestfriend for 16 years, my parents would invite your family to any parties we held." Kai explained. 

The sun was about to set as both of you continued walking. Both of you didn't notice how much time has passed. Kai was explaining other activities you did together. You looked at Kai and noticed his smilling face while talking about all the fun you had together with him. You started to feel guilty for not remembering anything.

"I'm sorry," you blurted out.

Kai stopped talking then looked at you confused. "Sorry for what?" He asked.

"For forgetting every moment you told me about. For forgetting my childhood friend..." You said while your face was facing the ground. Kai lifted your head up to face his.

"Its not your fault. I heard from Ailee that you got into an accident. Its my fault for not being there with you at that time." Kai said trying to comfort you. Even though you were touched by his words you still felt guilty. "Come on lets go. We have one more place to go." He grabbed your hand and called for a taxi.

    When the car reached its destination, you got out and noticed that you were at a park. You started to follow Kai, as you notice he was heading towards the swing set. Both of you sat down on the swings. You started to look around and tried really hard to remeber something. Nothing.

"This is where you and me always hanged out," Kai said. "This is also the place where I.............first confessed to you,"

Your eyes widened with shock and you turned your head to look at Kai. Kai was blushing and you thought it was cute. He was remembering the moment where he had confessed to you. He looked at you, "D-don't worry. I don't like you anymore. I mean! I like you but not the kind of like I had for you before."

"Oh...." was all you can say. You were still shock that EXO's member Kai had a crush on you! But there was one thing that was on your mind. What was your answer? You wanted to ask but it was too embarassing.

Kai cleared his thoat. "We should head back to the hotel now. The sun is already setting and its getting dark." He got up and looked at you. "Let's go?"

You nodded your head and got up too. Both of you got into a taxi and headed straight to the hotel. The whole car ride was silent, until you brought up the courage to ask him about the confession.

"Ummm.....Kai?" You said really nervous.

"Yes?" He relpied.

"About the confession........What did i answer?" You asked.

"Oh....umm...... You didnt give me an answer. I told you to think about it and give the answer to me the next day. But then i suddenly had to move to Korea. But it's ok now, since i.......don't like you anymore........" Kai replied.

"Oh...." You were a little disappointed that he didn't have a crush on you anymore for a reason unknown to you. Once you reached the hotel, you thanked Kai for having a fun day and trying his best to make you remeber the past.

"Wait! I will walk you to your room," Kai suggested.

"No! Its fine! You don't have to," you replied.

Kai walked past you then said, "Well lets go. I'm tired too you know."

You looked at him confused.

Kai smiled then said, "You never said I couldn't walk you to your room. You said i didn't have too."

You sighed then followed him to the elevator. You knew he was going to accompany you anyways. As both of you reached your room floor, you walked out of the elevator and saw a couple kissing right next to the opening. You looked away as soon as you saw them. *Geez! Can't they show their affection towards each other somewhere else?*

"Hey," Kai whispered in your ear. "Isn't that Ailee?"

"What!" You yelled out and looked towards the couple. Your eyes widened in shock.

"AILEE AND JIHOON!!!!!"