Plan C: Close Proximity

Plan Z

Dear Diary

Okay I don't know how to begin... All I can say is that Plan C was a success! It was a very simple plan which required no actual planning yet it succeeded way past the two other plans.

Plan C was 'Close Proximity'. And it was just to stay within close proximity of him. No I wasn't stalking... It was just following him around and stuff. Nope. Not stalking at all.

Anyway, Plan C was initiated over a single day. You would have thought I'd make it longer so that I could learn more about him. But I stopped, because of one single achievement I want to share with you.

Plan C involved following him around (secretly of course) and noting down whatever he did. I carried it out today and by the end of the day, I learnt his address, his favourite spot to hang out at and most importantly, his name.

He's friends with everyone, like really everyone. It's strange though, seeing as he doesn't talk... But maybe it's only me. Anyway, seeing him hang out with almost all the social groups made my heart sink a little. What if he was just being friendly for the past few days? Maybe he only saw me as a person he hadn't made friends with so he's desperately trying to do so to maintain his popularity. I have no idea.

I saw him meet up with many people from freshmen to seniors. It's a wonder how many one can converse with as one walks home. But he wasn't heading for his home as I found out soon after, he was heading for the national library, one of the places I always love to hang out at. A smile played on my lips. Won't it be far easier to know him better if I know that he hangs out at the same place as I do?

So I was sneaking behind the bookshelves and peering through the books. The library is perfect for sneaking behind people and spying on them. Not like I do that every day, mind you. I have better things to do, like study.

As I crouched down, I caught a clear glimpse of him sitting down at a table. He seemed to be looking around for someone and he wore a confused expression as he sat down. Maybe he had arranged to meet someone there and found out that they weren't there yet. I hoped it wasn't a girl... Not that I'm too fond of guys hanging out with him either.

He seemed restless and I hate seeing him uncomfortable. He kept glancing up from his book and scanning the library. Obviously, he was kind of insecure about something. I continued watching his actions and was too engrossed in him that I didn't notice a man with his nose in a newspaper approaching me and tripping over my crouched body. It wasn't until I felt someone tumble to the floor beside me did I turn my head in that direction and catch his burning glare.

'Don't give me that look,' I thought. 'You're the one who tripped over me.'

But of course, he couldn't hear my thoughts and starting cursing at me. The newspaper was sprawled all over the floor with the pages strewn away. He was one of those businessmen who devote all his time to his job and career and have no time for his family or social wellbeing. I apologized quickly and made a face as soon as he grumpily turned his back to me.

Bringing my attention back to the boy, I was surprised when I saw him conversing with a girl who looked like she’s from our school. Immediately, my fingers gripped the bookshelf as I squinted my eyes at the pair of them. I didn't like the look of that girl.

They were both smiling at each other and she was laughing at whatever he said. I felt anger rising up inside me. It must be a sign that the girl was malicious and her intentions were no good. I needed to save my boy away from her clinging claws. She was a bad influence.

I looked around me. There was nothing I could do to break their conversation without giving away the fact that I had been spying on him all this while. Desperately, I turned back to them again and saw that the girl was asking him something. He glanced at his watch before looking around the library for a while and I had to close the gap between the books I was peeping through so that he wouldn't spot me. When I was sure he wouldn't be looking in my direction anymore, I continued spying on them. I saw him stand up from his seat and walk out of the library with the girl.

I wondered where they were going. An unfamiliar feeling developed in my heart when I thought of the pair of them having fun together. It was close to anger. Except that it was only directed towards the girl.

I couldn't have this. I wouldn't have this. I was going to follow them all the way. I wouldn't let that girl sink her vicious claws into my boy. I wouldn't let her get him. No, that would be a huge obstacle in my experiment. So I followed them, rather secretly I would say. They were just walking and talking and smiling at each other. I hate how I hated to see him smile. If it was any other time, I would brood over his smile and even occasionally dream of it. But this time, his smile brought another pang to my chest and I narrowed my eyes at the way he looked down at her. They were both laughing together... Seeing them from behind, I can clearly say that they didn't look good together. And they won't in a million years. Because there's only one person he can look good with…

We came to a street. It was tiring, having to duck behind bushes and around corners. What's more, the sun was glaring down and we were already walking far too long for me not to perspire. They eventually stopped walking and I hid behind two dustbins. Yes... Dustbins... What a neat hiding spot, Youngjae.

But whatever, I ignored the smell and stench of the foul, rotten stuff inside the two metal bins in front of me and peered over the edge at the pair who had stopped right in front of a house.

That girl was such a flirt. I could see all her actions clearly from where I was at and all the hair-twirling, nervous blinking and bashful smiles didn't go unnoticed by me. He seemed unaffected by all her tricks though and I watched with satisfaction as he waved her goodbye. Left with no choice, the girl had to enter her house.

That's right, stupid girl, he isn't interested.

I smiled as he started walking away and started to follow him, this time, rather closely as I wanted to get as close as I can get to him as possible. I kept as close as I could to the bushes too so that I could jump behind them if I needed to. But he didn't turn around; he seemed quite unaware of my presence. So eventually, I got enough courage to stray away from the safety of the bushes and approach him a little closer.

We were only ten feet apart and I wondered how I was ever going to explain myself if I was caught stalking following him. However, he didn't turn around... Not until we reached his house. Now I don't know how I could immediately tell that it was his house but it just had to be his.

I knew he was well off. I’d known it for quite a while actually. All the stuff he uses, they're all expensive. From designer clothes to practically everything he owns, he literally screamed "RICH GUY".

Yet I still stared at his house, the only one that's big enough to stand out from the surrounding houses. His house made the whole neighbourhood look like peasants. It was practically a mansion... Okay I'm exaggerating here but seriously, it was humongous.

My mouth was suddenly shut by a hand which lifted my jaw up. I turned to my left. My heart stopped when I saw him staring at me with a smile that reached to his eyes. His eyes were shaped into half-moons and they looked into mine. I stared back at him, admiring how perfect he looked up close.

Up close.

All of a sudden, I realized that he was close... too close to me. It wasn't that I disliked it... Maybe I liked it too much for my own good. I stepped back hastily, stumbling in the process. I could feel my face flare up and everything hit me right then. Did he know that I was following him all along?

"I would suggest you improve on your stalking skills," he chuckled.

I bit my lip and blushed more furiously. This was embarrassing. I didn't even know how I could look at him in the eye.

"You're Youngjae right?" he said.

I nodded silently. How did he know my name? And why wasn't I saying anything? He was doing all the talking now. Where did the shy side of him go? Now that he talked, I could hear a slight hint of a Busan accent in his speech. Is he from Busan?

"I'm Jung Daehyun."

Jung Daehyun.

Jung Daehyun.

♥♥♥ Jung Daehyun! ♥♥♥

I knew his name! I was ecstatic. I knew his name! And it is a beautiful name, it suits the beautiful boy that was in front of me well. Everything about him is beautiful. So beautiful.

He laughed.

God, even his laugh was beautiful.

"You're so cute."

My eyes widened and I looked up at the blushing boy. He seemed to be regretting saying that. Bidding me a quick farewell, he hurried inside his house. I was slow in comprehending what he just said but once I actually did, I broke into a wide grin. I skipped my way home (like, seriously).

And now I’m here. All I can say is… Plan C... was an ENORMOUS SUCCESS. I learnt his name and even received a compliment. Now, I'm trying my best not to think too much into what he said, I don't want to assume things too quickly. He might not see me the same way I see him. Whatever though, just whatever.

I need to retire for a while. I think I'm hyperventilating after thinking back to what happened today. Oh God save me, something is obviously wrong with me. If I don't die tonight, I guess I could write another entry for Plan D once I've carried it out. Speaking of Plan D, I've changed it to ‘Daehyun’. I know his name, now I'm going to find out his details. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Now this is my area of expertise.

Yours sincerely

Youngjae

P.S. I can't help it. He is mine. MINE. All mine. Nobody else shall take him. I've already claimed him. That girl had better watch out. Mine! Okay I'm done.