I'll Come With You

Best Absolute Perfect

A day had passed since the whole downtown and carnival chase happened, everyone was tired and their spirits were all faltering. This was getting bad, they had gotten so close to getting back Shishimato and Tatsmato but they failed both times. Yongguk was upset because they were trying hard, but not hard enough obviously. He was angry because he wanted to be a better leader and successfully get back his kidnapped friends, but it wasn't happening how he wanted it to.

Daehyun was recovering from a badly scraped and bruised knee after he fell and a sore ankle, Youngjae was taking good care of him. Daehyun had a limp in his walk so it would be hard for him to search for everyone, that's why only Himchan and Jongup were going to look that day unless Yongguk felt that he needed to go and search as well.

 
It was the morning, everyone was still in bed sleeping except for Jongup, who had woken up early. He honestly didn't want to go search for the Matoki without little Zelo, he wanted to try and convince Himchan or maybe just go without him.. Jongup had just gotten dressed in a dark green t-shirt along with black jeans and shoes. His hair was brushed and he was ready to go and look, but first he wanted to wake up Zelo. He had just snuck into the younger's room, wanting to wake him up.
 
"Junhong" Jongup reached and and shook Zelo awake.
 
"Jongup?" Zelo opened his eyes and yawned. "You're dressed? Are we searching again?" he asked.
 
Jongup nodded. "Yes." he said. "Come on, let's go before any of the others wake up.
 
"They haven't gone yet?
 
"No, it was supposed to just be me and Himchan but I wanted to look with you." he smiled lightly, a pink blush on his cheeks, which Zelo didn't notice. "Will you come with me?" he asked.
 
"Of course, I need to get dressed though."  Zelo got out of bed and smiled as Jongup nodded and left the room. 
 
Jongup walked quietly out of Zelo's room before shutting the door as silent as possible. He smiled to himself, feeling butterflies in his stomach as he then turned and walked to the kitchen. His good mood was disrupted however when he saw Daehyun.
 
"Daehyun!" he cried out in surprise as seeing Daehyun raiding the fridge, knee all wrapped up with gauze.
 
Jongup could see that the gauze was bled through, which made him raise an eyebrow.
 
"W-What are you doing up this early?" he asked quickly.
 
At hearing a voice, Daehyun jumped as well before spinning around.
 
"Jongup?" he stared before closing the fridge with a sheepish smile. "I-.. I was hungry." he bit his lip. "Wait, what are you doing up?
 
"I, ummm..." Jongup had to think of an excuse. "I was going to the bathroom and I heard noises.
 
"You get dressed before going to the bathroom?" Daehyun rose an eyebrow as he watched Jongup, who nervously looked down at himself. Oh goodness.
 
"No, I-.."
 
"I'm ready!" Zelo skipped into the room but stopped when he saw Daehyun. 
 
"What is this? Guys, what are you doing?" Daehyun was suspicious now.
 
"We are going out to search." Zelo smiled brightly.
 
"Without Yongguk or Himchan permission?
 
"Yup." Jongup smiled weakly.
 
"Really?
 
"Yes, Jongup woke me up extra early so we could go." Zelo admitted as he played awkwardly with his fingers. "Dont tell on us!"
 
"I won't, I won't." Daehyun shook his head. "But.."
 
"But what?
 
"Let me come with you.
 
"Huh? Why?"
 
"Because."
 
"Because why?" Zelo shot back.
 
"Remember yesterday when I fell?
 
"We weren't there but yes, I heard about it." Jongup said.
 
"Well, we were so close to getting Tatsmato and his kidnapper but I tripped. I disappointed Yongguk and Youngjae and I feel bad for letting them both down." Daehyun looked down at his knee and so did Zelo and Jongup.
 
"B-but you're injured, you can't go.
 
"Yes I can, please guys? I want to prove myself and this is the only way. I have to help after I upset Yongguk and Youngjae.
 
"No.."
 
"Fine, I'm going to wake up and tell Yongguk."
 
"Wait!" Jongup stepped forward quickly and grabbed Daehyun's arm before he left. "You can come with us."
 
"Really?
 
"Yes, but I just don't want you to hurt yourself more than you already are." Jongup's eyes sparkles with concern.
 
"Jonguppie, I'll be fine." Daehyun grinned and reached out, ruffling Jongup's hair playfully with a chuckle. "Don't worry about me, okay?"
 
"We'll always worry about you.." Zelo stepped forward before hugging both Jongup and Daehyun. 
 
"Ah, Zelo. Too sweet." Daehyun smiled. "Now." Daehyun looked at the younger males. "Shall we go?" he asked. 
 
"Sure, are you all ready?" Jongup asked. Zelo nodded and so did Daehyun. "Okay, let's go. Be quiet, we can't wake the others."
 
"You and Zelo wait outside, let me write a note so they don't flip out when they see that we're gone." Daehyun grabbed a pen and a note paper before writing.
 
'Yongguk, Himchan, & Youngjae,
    Me, Jongup and Junhong are going out to look. Don't be mad, I'm sorry.. We'll be back soon. 
-- Daehyun'
 
Daehyun nodded before looking at his knee again.
 
"We can do this." he muttered to himself before limping to the door. After opening it, he paused and looked back before exiting and walking out with Jongup and Zelo.
 

 


I will be posting two chapters today, this one and chapter six! 

In this chapter, they go back out searching for the Matoki.