CHAPTER 3: ANNOYING WEEK OF ORIENTATION (PART 1)

Silver City College

 

The first night of college went quite well for all the members of the room number 11. Donghae, Kyuhyun, Hyukjae and Sungmin (the one with the pink obsession) slept really well that night despite the new environment. On the bedside closest to the door, there was Sungmin lying there sleeping with a bunny stuffed toy in his arms. The other side that was closest to the door was Hyukjae whose bedside looked so tidy with blue color. His blonde hair shone in the darkness. On the bedside closer to the window was Kyuhyun, who slept with his mouth opened widely. He looked so tired. His bed was messy with all the gaming gadgets’ equipment and so on. His laptop on the desk was still on and the laptop was the only source of light for the room. On the other hand, Donghae slept quite violently with the backward position, meant that he put his head where he should’ve put his foot.

      With all the boys sleeping peacefully on the first night of the college, nothing could interrupted their sweet dreams until suddenly a loud sound of some random song was heard echoing across the room. The song got louder each second and one by one the members of the room woke up annoyingly. Hyukjae grunted under his breath and muttered, “What the hell is that??” Sungmin yawned and rubbed his eyes to look for the source of the sound. Kyuhyun also managed to bring his body to stand on the bedside and he grabbed his phone to look at the clock. “What… it’s only 4…” the sound of the song wasn’t show any signs to be turned off and Kyuhyun just realized that the sound came from the phone at Donghae’s desk. It was Donghaes phone alarm and he didnt budge at all.

      Sungmin whined on his bedside because the sound got so loud but Hyukjae just couldn’t take it anymore. He stood up from his bed and moved to Donghae’s bed. “Hey!!! Wake up! Turn off your damn alarm!” Hyukjae was literally screaming in Donghae’s ears. Donghae was half awake and he blinked his eyes several times before he hummed “Hmmm…” and then he went back to sleep. Hyukjae was bothered with Donghae and was about to shout again when Kyuhyun appeared at Donghae’s desk besides Donghae’s bed and just turned off the alarm sound. “No need to make a fuss early in the morning,” said Kyuhyun. Hyukjae turned to Kyuhyun and said, “Are you saying that I made the fuss in this early morning? Which alarm clock was exploding just now? I know it’s not mine.” Hyukjae’s voice was pretty loud and Donghae whined in his sleep. “Shut up guys I want to sleep.” Hyukjae rolled his eyes in disbelief. “What is this kid… I only talk a bit and he complains I’m loud. Your alarm was just exploded like a bomb just now, and you’re deaf??”

      “Hmm… shut up…” groaned Donghae as he put his pillow to cover his whole face. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was already on his chair in his desk to continue playing games and he whispered to Hyukjae, “Now now, go to sleep Hyukjae. I already turned off the alarm, so why are you so noisy?” Hyukjae snorted at Kyuhyun and went to his bed with not much choice to argue and saw Sungmin was already in deep sleep with his bunny toy. “You just interrupted my sweet dreams with Emma Watson you idiot!” angered Hyukjae, not very happy with the current situation.

      Donghae was mumbling in his sleep and soon after was heard snoring loudly. Surely afterwards, his alarm was exploding again. This time, Donghae woke up at all sudden. “Huh!!! I’m late!!!” He rubbed his eyes and grabbed his phone on the desk. He turned off his alarm and saw Kyuhyun who was playing games (again) on his desk. “Hey, it’s already 4:30 in the morning! Why isn’t my 4:00 am alarm working??” complained Donghae and pouted. Kyuhyun turned and said, “It’s exploding like a bomb you shorty. You’re the only one who’s not waking up. What song is that? I don’t know you like heavy metal.” Donghae laughed. “Haha. It’s Linkin Park. I don’t like it. That’s why I made it as my alarm.” Kyuhyun snorted. “By the way, why are you setting the alarm clock so early in the morning? Donghae, the programs will not start at 5 in the morning you know?”

      “I know!” said Donghae, getting up on his feet. He picked up his towel and bucket from his chair and under his desk and jumping around a little bit. “But we’re sharing bathroom right? I don’t want to queue up to bath and having another boy cutting my line, do I?” teased Donghae to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun snickered and said, “You’re still mad about me cutting your line, aren’t you? I’m sorry.” Donghae patted on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “No worries! I’ll remind that for the rest of the semester. Haha! Want to join me shower?” asked Donghae. Kyuhyun frowned. “W-what? Are you crazy? I’m not going to bath with you together, !” Kyuhyun muttered the last word. Donghae on the other hand was laughing out loud. “Hey!! I’m not that crazy! I mean, let’s go shower right now. You take the other bathroom crazy gamer!” Kyuhyun sighed in relief. “Oh dear, I thought you went crazy. Never mind, I’ll shower at 6.” Donghae pouted. “I think the other boys will have a mass bathing at 6. You’ll regret it.”

      Donghae opened the door of his room with his towel around his neck and his hand holding the bucket and looked around. It was quite dark except for the fact that each part of the room has a lamp. In front of his room was another row of the rooms. He looked up. There were three levels of floors in his hostel. He was glad that his room was on the ground floor. His hostel didn’t have an elevator but stairs only. He took a deep breath and went to the public bathroom that the hostel provides. It only took five steps to go there because Donghae’s room was exactly besides that bathroom. That was another thing that Donghae was glad for. He wondered the other student’ situation, what if they were at the room at the opening gate and running late? They had to literally run to go to the bathroom and if they were lucky, the bathroom will still be empty.

      Donghae entered the bathroom. It was big and it consisted of ten toilets and ten shower room with the sinks and mirrors. Donghae was still a bit sleepy so he brushed his teeth first in the sink and afterwards he showered. When he finished showering, he opened the door to step outside and was very surprised to see a figure in front of him. He screamed a bit. That figure turned at him. “Hey, it’s me, your roommate, Sungmin. I just want to pee.” Donghae patted his chest several times. “Sungmin, you’d surprised me! If you want to pee, go to the toilet behind, this is shower room!” Sungmin yawned and rubbed his eyes. “Oh, really? I must be sleepy. Okay then. Sorry for surprising you.” Donghae just shrugged his shoulder.

      Donghae’s words were right. Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and other boys were all showering at 6 o’clock. That was the mass time of bathing and they had to queue for the bathroom. Hyukjae was worse. He woke up at 7.