CHAPTER 15: PROMISE YOU

Silver City College

 

The match began and nobody knew what was on Hyukjae’s mind when he was in the middle of the field. Donghae also couldn’t tell what was happening right now. The away team captain, Park Jungsoo, why did he say such a thing to Hyukjae? And why did Hyukjae look like he was so scared to death to meet Jungsoo? Donghae couldn’t think more because the game has already started. He was in a midfield position just like Hyukjae. And on the opposition team, they could see Jungsoo at the midfield position too, ready to attack.

      The game was kicked off with a back pass from the center midfielder from home team, Hankyung. He passed the ball to Donghae and a loud cheer was heard coming from the crowds of their supportive college. Donghae dribbled the ball passing their left wing player, and passed it to Hyukjae. When the ball arrived at Hyukjae, he kept the ball and started running towards the opposition team’s half. As soon as Hyukjae got a hold on the ball, the away team’s captain, Jungsoo went towards him and started attacking him. Attacking Hyukjae instead of taking the ball.

      It happened so fast and Hyukjae couldn’t process what was happening to him. The first thing he was running with a ball on his feet, the next thing he knew he was being hit by the mighty Jungsoo. Hyukjae fell on the field and he lost the ball. He tried to stand up back to his feet but Jungsoo’s foot was on Hyukjae’s stomach. Jungsoo sneered at Hyukjae. “You killed my Sora and yet you survived. How is that make any sense huh punk?!”

      The referee who noticed the situation blew the whistle but Jungsoo won’t stop. “You punk!!! You killed my Sora!!” he kept repeating that words while continuously stepping on Hyukjae’s stomach with all his might. Hyukjae was whimpering in agony and the scene of himself and his sister having that accident was playing on his mind. Jungsoo pulled Hyukjae’s body and started punching him and hitting him in front of the other players and the spectators. Jungsoo just went mad. The referee tried to stop Jungsoo but he didn’t care at all.

      Donghae saw everything and in an instant he ran towards Jungsoo and pulled Jungsoo away from hitting Hyukjae. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO HYUKKIE??!” Jungsoo was stronger than Donghae and he pushed Donghae away until Donghae fell to the ground. “You bastard! I can’t accept the fact that you’re still alive!!!” All the other players were hurriedly stopping Jungsoo from hitting Hyukjae but Jungsoo managed to sway a big punch on Hyukjae’s stomach. Hyukjae has a gastric problem. That’s all Donghae could think about as he watched Jungsoo being pulled away from Hyukjae. The match was stopped immediately

      Donghae ran towards Hyukjae that lied down on the ground, whimpering in agony. His face was full with bruises. He was holding his stomach, obviously in an excruciatingly pain. “Lee Hyukjae!! Lee Hyukjae!!” All the other players rushed to Hyukjae’s place and the spectators were buzzing around in panic. Donghae looked at Hyukjae’s face and saw Hyukjae was mouthing something. “Hyukkie! Can you hear me?? Hyukkie! Answer me!” Tears were rolling down on Donghae’s cheek and he noticed that Hyukjae was crying too in pain. Hyukjae mouthed something to Donghae. “I… love… you… guys… and… I’m… sorry…so sorry…” Donghae shook on Hyukjae’s body really hard when Hyukjae seemed like he was about to close his eyes with tears dropping down his cheek.

      “Don’t say you love me idiot!! Wake up!! I hate you!!!” Donghae screamed with all his might and grabbed Hyukjae’s collar to wake him up. At the end of the field, Jungsoo was screaming like a mad man. “YOU PUNK! YOU TOOK MY SORA AWAY! STUPID BROTHER OF SORA!” Donghae couldn’t care less about Jungsoo when all he cared about was Hyukjae’s condition. Suddenly, a drop of rain touched on Donghae’s cheek and in a mattered of second it was raining heavily all of a sudden. Everyone was soaking in rain. Donghae was sobbing and he grabbed Hyukjae’s body and put it on his back. “Hold on, Hyukkie. I’m… going… to… take… you… to… the… hospital…” The damaged has been done anyway.  

WINTER 2012

      Donghae puts the flowers below. It is a windy winter in November. The weather is so cold and freezing. Donghae could feel his body freeze and is shaking a little bit. He looks down at where he puts his flowers. The cemetery is deserted. There is nobody else. He starts reciting a prayer and then he goes down on a knee. He looks at the grave. ‘Lee… Passed away in 2007.’ He starts crying silently. It is really hard for him to come here. Suddenly, there are footsteps from behind. Donghae tries to wipe away his tears and stand up. He turns back and sees Kyuhyun walking towards him.

      “Donghae…” calls Kyuhyun softly. He pats on Donghae’s shoulder and then he pulls Donghae to his embrace. Donghae starts crying uncontrollably. “Kyuhyun… it must be really hard for him… I can’t imagine his feelings… poor Hyukkie…” Donghae cries in Kyuhyun’s arms. Kyuhyun pats Donghae’s hair several times before consoling him. “Donghae… it’s been 5 years already, it’s not hard for him now. You are too emotional. I thought you are happy now?” Donghae looks at Kyuhyun and sobs. “But, our Hyukkie…”

      “Donghae, how many times did I tell you? It’s all in the past now. I told you not to get emotional over this right? You are such a sensitive boy, Hae.” A voice is heard coming from Kyuhyun and Donghae’s back. Both Kyuhyun and Donghae part away from their embrace and look at the talking figure. “I knew you would come here, Hae. I’ve been searching for you all over the town. I even send Kyuhyun to search for you.” Donghae wipes his tears and runs towards the voice. “Hyukkie!” Donghae hugs Hyukjae tightly and starts crying again. “It’s been hard on you, poor boy…” Kyuhyun smiles at them and walks away. When he reaches at Hyukjae’s position, he taps on Hyukjae’s shoulder and says, “Please console this brat. He’s too sensitive.” Hyukjae nods and smiles at Kyuhyun.

      “Hae, stop crying, you look ugly when you cry. I’m here okay. I’m fine now. Lee Sora, my sister might not be in this world anymore, but she is always stays in my heart forever, just like you, stays in my heart forever. You got that, Hae?” Hyukjae pulls Donghae closer and hugs him tighter. “Promise me you won’t leave me, Hyukkie.” Sobs Donghae. Hyukjae pats on Donghae’s back and replies, “I promise you.” Donghae then looks into Hyukjae’s eyes and says, “Hyukkie… I hate you.” Hyukjae laughs and nods. “Well, I love you too.”

* THE END *

 

*Finally I finished my first  fan fic that I ever post online ;D Usually I just kept it in my laptop and didn't bother to show it to anyone n__n I hope you all enjoyed reading this story. Half of this story is inspired by my own experience during college. Half of the story were really did happened, for example, that birthday surprise. Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing, I enjoyed writing this fic.*