CHAPTER 12: PILLOW TALK

Silver City College

 

It was midnight after the birthday surprise and Donghae was lying on his bed, wondering what had just happened earlier. He was still in a state of confusion and he cannot sleep well. He kept blinking his eyes and reminisce the whole scene. He remembered them singing him a birthday song, giving him his favorite strawberry cheesecake, then that blonde freak gave him a kiss on the cheek. ‘Like, what?? Sungmin was recording the whole thing!!’

      Donghae rolled around his bed. The room was pitched dark. Suddenly, his phone indicated that there was incoming text message. Donghae took his phone and opened the message.

Hey, youre still awake?

      It was from Kyuhyun. Donghae turned to his right to where Kyuhyun’s bed was and he saw Kyuhyun’s face by the light of his phone. Kyuhyun put one finger to his mouth to indicate Donghae to keep quiet when Donghae looked like he was about to shout a what-do-you-mean-texting-me-when-you-could-just-talk-to-me.

Why are you texting me when you could just talk to me? Donghae

Sorry, I dont want to bother Hyukjae and Sungmin. So how are you feeling now? I mean, the birthday surprise. Is it good? Kyuhyun

Yeah, you guys did surprise me. Big time. Good job. Donghae

Erm but we really have no idea about that kiss. Lol? Kyuhyun

SO DID I. Should I laugh or cry? Donghae

You should sleep, idiot. Kyuhyun

      Donghae turned to Kyuhyun’s side and gave him a death stare. Kyuhyun giggled quietly. “Cho Kyuhyun… you brat… really…” Donghae muttered under his breath. Kyuhyun still giggling under his pillow.

What are you guys doing? Hyukjae

      Donghae was surprised to see Hyukjae sending him text message. He turned his head back to see Hyukjae’s shadow. Hyukjae was actually awake and not sleeping at all.

Okay Im going to sleep just ignore me okay guys Kyuhyun

      Kyuhyun stopped texting Donghae as he put his earphone and listened to some lullabies before he fell asleep. Donghae, on the other hand, didn’t really know how to reply to Hyukjae.

Hae, are you asleep? Hyukjae

      Donghae almost chocked when he read Hyukjae’s text. Hae. Hae? Hae for Donghae? Since when did Hyukjae have a nickname for him?

Erm not really. Honestly, I cant sleep. Donghae

Why? Youre still hungry? You want some leftover cake? We could go to Ryeowooks room, you know how he kept that cake in his refrigerator? He is so weird, having a mini refrigerator. Hyukjae

UrmNo thanks. Donghae

Hae? Im sorry. Hyukjae

What? Why? Why youre sorry? I mean, what? Donghae

Donghae didn’t make any sense at all at the moment, texting his own roommate on the same room at midnight.  

Im sorry for being such a jerk at the beginning. Hyukjae

Oh. That. Its okay. Donghae

Hae? Could you do me a favor? Hyukjae

Erm what favor? Donghae

I need to go to the bathroom. Please accompany me, Im scared. Hyukjae

      Donghae couldn’t help but to laugh at Hyukjae’s latest text message. He found it totally hilarious even though it was awkward at first. He woke up from his bed and went to the direction of Hyukjae’s bed. He saw Hyukjae who was smiling childishly at him. Donghae slapped Hyukjae’s shoulder hard.     

      “Scared cat. Let’s go.” Said Donghae and tended to pull Hyukjae’s hand. “Going where, Hae?” teased Hyukjae as he pulled back Donghae’s hand. Donghae fell to Hyukjae’s bed due to imbalance. Donghae was practically blushing but he was thankful it was pitched dark and Hyukjae couldn’t tell that he was blushing. He could even hear his own heartbeat. “Hyukjae, what are you trying to do to Donghae??” Hyukjae and Donghae were shocked to see Sungmin threw a pillow to them. They turned to see Sungmin with a cream powder on his face looking suspicious at them.