CHAPTER 4: ANNOYING WEEK OF ORIENTATION (PART 2)

Silver City College

 

Students from Silver City College gathered in the big hall which located near the beautiful lake of the college. The hall was really big and there was a big stage inside at the front. The hall was provided with fans at each row. It was still early in the morning. The buzzed from the crowds of students were heard. Almost every students from the hostel already arrived, boys and girls. That included the boys from room number 11.

      Donghae was spotted yawning in the middle of the crowds. His hair was as messy as himself. Besides him was Sungmin who only watched the front of the stage in the hall with a daze stare. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was sitting besides Sungmin with a neck pillow on his neck and his eyes were closed. Donghae guessed that Kyuhyun was sleep-sitting. Quite far away from the three of them was the other roommate, Hyukjae. He can be spotted easily because of his blonde hair. He looked mad and unfriendly by himself. Donghae looked back at Hyukjae and saw him holding a book. ‘So hardworking, even bringing book to the program,’ thought Donghae. Donghae waved to Hyukjae to get his attention but Hyukjae didn’t notice. Donghae didn’t give up easily. He turned to Hyukjae and whispered loudly, “Hyukkie!!! Hyukkie!!! HYUKKIE!!!” Donghae almost screamed when he called Hyukjae’s pet name. Hyukjae was embarrassed by Donghae’s act and whispered loudly, “My name is not Hyukkie!!! Go away!!!” Donghae just gave Hyukjae a sweet smile that he always gave to people around him and turned back to his original position. Hyukjae was flustered because the other boys looked at him questionably.

      The program went for three whole hours before break and all the students were provided with food and drinks before the next program started. Kyuhyun was asleep the entire time the program was held and was awake the moment the program was over. He snapped from his sleep and looked around. “I smell food. Where, where?” Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and showed it to him. “There, there. Let’s go Kyuhyun! I’m hungry to death. Donghae, let’s go!” Sungmin called Donghae but Donghae just stood there while the other students hurriedly to the food port. “Why? Aren’t you eating?” asked Sungmin confused. “You guys go first. I’ve got something to do.” Donghae left Sungmin and Kyuhyun without further explanation. “Wha-“ “Let him be, Sungmin. Let’s go eat!” said Kyuhyun excitedly. Sungmin has no choice but to follow Kyuhyun and let Donghae go to other place.

      Donghae walked closely to one figure that didn’t move since the announcement of break time was heard. The other students were busily grabbing food and drinks but this boy was the only one who just sat as static and continued reading his book.

      Hyukjae couldn’t care less about food and drinks when all he wanted to do was to finish reading the book. He was so engrossed to the content of the book when somebody shouted right into his right ear.

      “YAAAAAAA!!!” Hyukjae was stunned. He looked up and saw that nuisance grinning at him in an incredibly adoring manner. Donghae looked at Hyukjae’s book and laughed. “Haha! You fraud! I thought you were reading some education book, but you got One Piece manga inside! Make sense that you’ve keep reading that book without stop.” Hyukjae scrunched his nose and looked away. “Go away.” Donghae folded his arms. “Hey, let’s go eat. We only got half an hour to eat. Reading that book won’t make you full.” Hyukjae ignored him. “Why did you even care? You guys didn’t even wake me up this morning.” Donghae slapped his head. “We did. And you looked like you’re fainting or something.” Hyukjae was still not looking at Donghae’s face. “Of course I’m fainting because someone’s darn alarm disturbed my sleeping pattern. So now go away, why you even cared about me eating or not?” asked Hyukjae. Donghae squatted to where Hyukjae was sitting. “I care because you’re my roommate. That’s what roommates are for.”

      “I’m not hungry.” Explained Hyukjae and the moment he finished his words, some I-am-so-damn-hungry-please-shove-me-some-food noise from his stomach was released. Hyukjae was blushing because he felt so embarrassed with himself. Donghae was laughing so hard that he had tears in his eyes. “Now, now, let’s go eat. You can lie, but your stomach can’t.” Hyukjae had no choice but to stand up and put back his books in his bag. “You are one annoying fish, you know.” Donghae frowned. “Fish?” Hyukjae just shook his head. “Never mind.”

      Donghae was running happily to the drinks side and took the two cups of hot tea excitedly and turned to gave it to Hyukjae but he didn’t realize that Hyukjae was right behind him. As a result, one of the cups of hot tea was spilled all over Hyukjae’s shirt. Donghae gulped. Hyukjae was surprised and totally not amused. ‘I’m so dead.’ Thought Donghae.