CHAPTER 6: A NEW FRIEND

Silver City College

 

Donghae and Hyukjae were ignoring each other the whole day and it was late afternoon when everyone was taking a nap in their room that Donghae figured out that he will use this time to do his laundries. He grabbed his huge basket full of clothes and brought it to the bathroom at the washing section. He then went back to his room to grab some laundry detergent. When he arrived back at the bathroom, he began his mission of washing the clothes. He was so immersed in washing his shirt that he didn’t notice somebody was already standing beside him with his laundry too.

      “Wow… nice smell of your detergent!” Donghae was really shocked that somebody was talking to him and turned to his right. “Oh my God, you shocked me to life! Erm, yeah. I love this smell, lavender.” Donghae smiled at the other boy. The other boy smiled back at him. “Oh, I see. You’re the boy from room number 11, right? I’m Siwon from room number 9, just besides your room.” Siwon put his laundries into the washing counter and started washing. “Oh, yeah. My name is Donghae. Nice to meet you.”

      Donghae continued to wash his clothes with not much topics to talk about with Siwon when suddenly Siwon broke the silence. “By the way, Hyukjae is your roommate right?” asked Siwon. Donghae turned to Siwon in questionable look. “How did you know him?” Siwon smiled a little at Donghae’s question. “He’s an annoying blondie right? I knew it.” Donghae frowned. “Do you know Hyukjae, by any chance?” asked Donghae curiously. Siwon laughed. “You’re so curious, huh? Let me tell you one thing, sometimes first impression does not even matter at all. Okay, I’m done here. Nice to meet you too, Donghae.” Siwon took his laundries and left Donghae alone in the washing section with much curiosity running through Donghae’s head.

      ‘What’s that suppose to mean? And how did he know Hyukjae?’ thought Donghae for a while and he forgot that he was in the middle of doing laundries. He was snapped back to reality when the water running was spilled over the washing counter. “Oh, shoot!” Donghae turned off the water and separated the clothes. He still had at least five more clothes to wash. ‘Why does that Siwon guy wash his clothes so fast? I’m so slow at washing.’

      When Donghae was finally done with his laundries, he went back to his room but stopped at his door to peep on room number 9. The door was opened and he could hear people talking and laughing and then he saw Siwon. He called Siwon’s name. “Siwon! Siwon!” Siwon looked out from his room and saw Donghae. He waved to Donghae and smiled. Donghae smiled back at Siwon and went inside the room number 11. Now his mood was slightly better than before. Donghae even hummed the song of his alarm because he felt slightly happy that he made a new friend.

      Donghae took out the hangers from his wardrobe closet and started hanging the clothes that he just washed. It was the best time to dry the clothes because the weather was so hot and plus it was summer in July. Donghae was sweating on the face as he hung all the clothes outside the bedroom. After he finished all his tasks, he went back to his room just to see all his roommates sleeping. He wasn’t sleepy at all so he sat on his desk and went through into his phone, feeling bored.

      He took his schedule for this semester and observed it. The schedule was a complete hectic. His classes started at 8 almost every day and ended at 5 the latest. The only day that was free is Friday and they only have a half-day, the classes were only from 9 to 12 in the afternoon. ‘Crazy schedule! I hope there isn’t too much homework though,’ thought Donghae. He started to take his note book and jotted down something.

NAME: LEE DONGHAE

LECTURE/TUTORIAL CLASS: LECTURE BIOLOGY 6 TUTORIAL BIOLOGY 33

(LB6 TB33)

Monday Chemistry, Biology, English.

Tuesday Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, IT.

Wednesday Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, SC (Social Skills).

Thursday Sports, Biology, Chemistry, English.

Friday Mathematics, English.

Total credit hours: 30 hours/week

Biology 9 hours

Chemistry 9 hours

Mathematics 6 hours

English 4 hours

IT, SC 2 hours

      Donghae wondered if he was the only student that has such a packed schedule because it makes no sense at all. “This is totally insane! I’m going to miss all my nap time!!!” Donghae pouted. He thought for a while then he looked at the desk besides his. It was Kyuhyun’s desk. In front of their desks were boards where you could put the notes and schedule or even a picture. Donghae looked at Kyuhyun’s desk and the board. He couldn’t see Kyuhyun’s schedule there but instead he saw a family picture that Kyuhyun put on his board. Donghae was a little bit too interested with the picture so he took a peek at it. The picture was consisted of Kyuhyun’s father, Kyuhyun’s mother and another one seemed like Kyuhyun’s sister. After observing the picture, Donghae could tell that Kyuhyun came from a decent family. ‘His sister is pretty.’ Thought Donghae.

      Now Donghae was more interested in looking at family pictures of his roommates than the schedules itself so Donghae turned back to the other desks, Hyukjae’s desk was right behind his desk and besides Hyukjae’s desk was Sungmin’s desk, obviously filled with pink stuff. He walked to Hyukjae’s desk and sat on the chair. There weren’t any family pictures at Hyukjae’s board but instead he saw a sticky note on the board written:

You are forever my favorite brother  Yours truly.

      Donghae was curious of why that simple yet deep meaning note was put at Hyukjae’s board but he wasn’t going to be any more curious when he noticed Hyukjae was rolling around his bed in his nap. ‘I better stop being so curious or else my roommate will hate me forever.’