CHAPTER 2: THE OTHER ROOMMATES

Silver City College

 

Donghae ran slowly towards his new room for the whole one-year (hopefully, if he maintain his result and avoid from being kicked out from the college) terms here. Kyuhyun was behind him and he just shook his head. “Donghae, why are you running? Our room is on this floor and we don’t need to use stairs.” Donghae still running and turned slightly before answering, “I want to choose the best bed position! I want the one closest to the door!!!”

      Donghae was confident that he was the earliest to arrive at the 4-person room of the hostel because when he tried to open the door, the door was locked. He used the key to open the door and once it opened, Donghae sprung inside the room and beamed widely because the room is spacious. Well, it wasn’t as spacious as others would think, but for him, this was enough. Donghae was just about to put his belongings to the bed closest to the door when he saw the bed on the left hand side already occupied with new blanket and pillows plus with buckets and erm, rabbit stuffed toy. Did I mention the blankets and pillows are pink in color?

      “Aish!!! Somebody’s earlier than us, Kyuhyun! I want to choose this bed! Ah, well, never mind, I’ll choose the right hand side one.” Donghae was extremely excited to put his belongings yet again to the other bed closest to the door when he saw something, specifically someone, looking at him rather with an eerie feeling, and he was not Kyuhyun. A blonde boy stared at him with such a despise aura looked at him while saying. “This bed is mine. Can’t you see?”

      Kyuhyun didn’t say anything because first of all, he already noticed the other boy in the room and quietly managed to choose the bed further on the right hand side. Donghae, on the other hand, was quite surprised because he didn’t notice a boy in the room at all, despite that boy being blonde hair. Well, Donghae should blame himself for being too excited to choose a bed.

      “Oh, sorry!!! I didn’t notice you. I’m sorry! My name is Donghae. Lee Donghae.” Donghae bowed a few times to the blonde boy. Kyuhyun went closer to where they were and raised his hand. “Hi. Mine’s Kyuhyun. Do you play Starcraft, by any chance?” The blonde boy popped his eyes in disbelief. “Starcraft? Your parents send you to college for you to be a champion in Starcraft? Are you serious?” Donghae and Kyuhyun were both stunned at the respond the blonde boy gave to them. ‘Wow… he wasn’t approachable at all.’ Thought Donghae.

      “And why does this bed look so messy? What’s up with the pink color and stuffed toys??” asked the blonde boy. Donghae was speechless and couldn’t utter a word but Kyuhyun was braver. “That’s not ours. That’s our other roommates. Come on at least tell us your name. If your friends are searching for you in this room, at least we can tell that it’s you they are searching for.”

      “Hyukjae. Name’s Lee Hyukjae.” Said Lee Hyukjae and then he pretended to ignore both of them and continued to sort his belongings into the cupboard and his bedroom. Donghae only can look at Hyukjae doing his own things in his own world. Kyuhyun already returned to his bedside to sort his belongings too. Meanwhile, Donghae was still standing there at Hyukjae. Hyukjae realized it and felt annoyed he stopped what he was doing and turned to Donghae.

      “What do you want?” asked Hyukjae. “Erm… are you, by any chance, a foreigner?” asked Donghae straight forwardly. Hyukjae frowned. “What makes you ask that? Is my accent sounded weird to you? I thought your accent is worse than me, seems like a Mokpo accent or –“ “Your hair.” Donghae cuts Hyukjae’s words. “What’s wrong with my hair?” asked Hyukjae, more annoyed than before. “It’s… not black. So, you’re from America or something? California? Las Vegas? Los Angeles??” Donghae blurted out the words without even breathing. Hyukjae grunted. “It’s call dye and highlight. Haven’t you color your hair?”

      Donghae was about to respond to Hyukjae’s words when Kyuhyun spoke. “Well, I do think you look like a foreigner, Hyukjae.” Hyukjae growled under his breath and pretended that he didn’t hear anything. Donghae couldn’t stand it any longer and took his luggage to the least favorite position of the bed which was closest to the window. He pouted and mumbling, “Why did you come so early? I want a bed closest to the door so I can go to the bathroom easily.”

      Suddenly, somebody opened their room’s door when a shirtless boy with only his towel stormed the door. “AH!!!! I thought that nobody was here!!! I’m sorry! I was taking a shower! Sorry!” That boy covered his body with his hands and Hyukjae, Donghae and Kyuhyun couldn’t be any more speechless than this. Donghae bit his lips and thought for a moment, ‘one of my roommates stole my queue line, the other was an arrogant blonde freak and this one was shirtless with pink obsession. Okay then.’

 

** Thank you for those who read my fics. /bows/ I know there are a lot of mistakes and errors in this story and I hope you all will stay with me for the next chapter to come. Thank you again ^____^