24

Into Your World/Angel

I arrived at SME around 8 am. I was hurrying to get inside the building when I saw Mr. Kang in the parking lot. He is loading some stuffs in his car and he seems to be going somewhere so I immediately approached him.

 

"Good morning Mr Kang!" I greeted him then I bowed.

 

He turned to look at me.

"Oh, _____, good morning. I was planning to call you but good thing you're here already." He answered.

I just nodded. "So, what are you doing here outside Mr. Kang? We will have shooting today, right?"

 

"Ah, yes. I almost forgot the time." He said then opened the car door. "Get in."

 

I want to know where we'll be heading but knowing Mr. Kang, I immediately went inside. He followed shortly after.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, while fastening my seatbelt.

 

"Well, we're shooting somewhere else. Exo and the staffs are already there."

 

-----

After about 15 minutes, we reached our destination. We are on a hill. A beautiful one with breathtaking scenery of extending field of green grasses and fresh air. The staffs are setting up the place while Exo is nowhere to be seen. I noticed another van and figured they might be inside.

 

"_____, come here. Let's get your make-up done now." Mr. Kang cooed so I followed him enter a tent.

Mr. Kang then left me there with the stylist, the same one that did my make-up yesterday. She made me wear a white plain short sleeves dress about half inch above my knee in length. The dress is very simple and she just paired it with white ballerina flats. She just straightened my hair and didn't put any accessories. The make-up she did was very simple as well. She just applied light foundation and a slight tint of pinkish blush on and lipstick. She told me that she wouldn't apply more than that as the scene I'll be doing requires crying and I will just smudge the make-up if she'd put a lot.

 

When I'm done, I went out and found that they are already finished setting up the place. Exo's there already and they flashed me a smile and waved at me. I noticed that Se Hun is not with them.

"Still inside the van." I thought.

 

I looked around the place, the air is fesh and the field of green grasses is just beautiful. I noticed then that they placed a gravestone in the middle of the field. Mr. Kang then approached me and explained to me what I'll be doing this time.

The gravestone that was placed there is actually Su Ho's. He already died and this is the part where I will be crying over his gravestone while holding our "couple picture" and reminiscing our past.

 

"I suppose you will be needing fake tears, _____." One of the staffs named Mi Yeon approached and told me with exo trailing behind her. Se Hun is now with them.

 

"Uh, I think I don't" I answered. She raised her brow.

"Well, you'd be crying here if you are not informed. You sure you can provide real tears?" She asked, her tone was a bit irritated and she seems mocking at the thought that I can cry real tears.

 

"Yes, I am informed that I will cry. And I don't think I need fake tears. Besides, it wouldn't hurt if we try." Then I flashed her a reassuring smile. The exo members seem to be surprised of my request not to use fake tears as well and Mi Yeon opened to protest but Mr. Kang immediately cut her.

 

"Let's just see if she can do it. Besides, there's nothing wrong if she'd try." Mr. Kang told Mi Yeon.

 

I just then bowed and left them to position myself. I am now sitting in front of the gravestone with the "couple picture" in my right hand.

I looked back at Mi Yeon and saw her frowning while looking at me. She's definitely sure I can't cry. I shifted my gaze to Exo and they seemed to be unsure as well while Mr. Kang looks worried.

I grinned. I actually mentally prepared myself for crying scenes. I even watched sad movies last night.

 

I am going to shed real tears.. Because one of the greatest things is being able to do something other people says you can't.

 

"3,2,1 action!" The director shouted and everyone fell silent. They played Into your world as my background music.

 

"Machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geuroke tashi.."

The song started as my eyes started to water. I just thought of the tragic ending of The Titanic, how I miss my family and the hurt feelings I was holding inside because of Sun Ri's bullying and Se Hun's coldness. The music also helped a lot as it sounds sad yet the lyrics are meaningful.

I then sobbed. The tears are continuing to flow down my cheeks and now, all I have to do is exaggerate a bit.

I then started to cry louder.. I did some actions that's not even in the script because all they told me is to sit and cry quietly but I was actually enjoying the scene and I'm starting to get carried away.

So I hugged the picture occasionally and when I am now crying massive amount of tears, I shouted.

 

"Ya! Why do you.. why do you have to leave me? You promised you'd take care of me.. you promised we'd grow old together.. How could you?!" I yelled with anger and frustration..

 

"Su Ho, I.. I miss you so much.. Oh God, if I could just bring back time I wouldn't let you out that day.. If, if I just knew.. Oh please, please come back to me.. I love you, i love you so much." I added in between sobs. I said that now in a low but still loud enough for them to hear sad tone.

 

After about a minute or two of continually crying, the music stopped and the director shouted "Cut!"

I stood up, wiped the remaining tears and turned to them with a smile. They are quiet and some are sniffing. Exo was staring at me with unreadable expressions. Then Mr. Kang started clapping his hands and soon, all of them are doing the same. Even Min Yeon. That's when I noticed that the other staffs are teary-eyed while some are sniffing.

 

"That was.. just amazing, _____. Now I'm having second thoughts of training you as an idol when you are are sure to do great in dramas." Mr. Kang said while patting my back.

 

Min Yeon then approached me while sniffing.

"I apologize for doubting you, ______. You really did great. Your emotions just went straight to my heart, so here I am now, close to crying." She said then chuckled lightly.

 

"No, eonni. It's fine. And thank you for the compliment." I answered her.

 

"_______, you never fail to amaze me." Su Ho said then smiled at me warmly. The exo members, aside from Se Hun again, nodded in agreement.

I looked around, the director and the rest of the staffs are giving me thumbs up. I just bowed and thanked them all.

 

-----

 

The next scene followed shortly after. They didn't changed my outfit as they said that the first scene and the scene we're going to shoot now are related. In fact, the stylist even messed my hair a bit and just retouched my lipstick. She didn't put any concealers around my eyes even they are all red and fluffy from crying because she said that it's perfect for the next scene.

 

The director then told me what to do. We are now in a closed highway downtown with occasional cars passing by and those cars are driven by SME staffs as well.

 

I need to just walk absent-mindedly in the streets as I am now going home after visiting Su Ho's grave and crying. Then a car is suppose to hit me and then Baek Hyun will come to save me and I will faint in his arms. Then that will be all for the scene.

 

I did everything the director told me. I walked absent-mindedly just looking blankly at the cars passing by. Then there's the car that's suppose to hit me and Baek Hyun pulled me just in time and ended up hugging each other. He then pulled away and kept on asking if I'm okay. I just looked at him and we stared at each other eyes for a few moments then I fainted.

 

"Cut!" the director shouted.

 

After that, we all went home as we all needed rest especially me who got so tired with shouting, crying and walking..