28

Into Your World/Angel

I woke up early the next day. I know it's like I'm on a vacation so I can sleep as much as I want but I just got 5 days before going back to Korea and I wouldn't just waste that by sleeping. I need family time.

So the whole day, I spent with my family. I played a little with my brother and helped grandma and mom do the cooking and cleaning because there's a change in the plan. Christmas dinner would no longer be celebrated on my uncle's place but ours. So we need to prepare and I made myself a big help for that. While my dad and grandpa, well they are boys so we don't expect them to cook, right? But they also helped moving objects around the house.

My college and some highschool friends had been calling and nagging me to meet them to which of course I want to, but not now. It's December 24 and just less than 24 hours would be Christmas and we all just want to spend that day at home. So I just told them that we will hang-out sometime after tomorrow. Gosh, I miss my buddies too.

 

-----

 

It's 10 p.m and my uncle on my mom's side had arrived with my cousins and her wife. Our relatives from my dad's side couldn't be here because they are in the city. Yes, I am on our province now, just in case I forgot to mention which I'm certain I did.

 

Not long after, the clock strikes 12 and that means "Noche Buena". It had been a tradition for us to welcome Christmas that way, by eating with our loved ones. So we gathered around the table where mouth-watering and yummy-looking dishes are served to which I helped preparing.

 

"The food looks tempting, you really did prepared for this." My uncle told us while taking his sitting next to grandpa. I just smiled as we all settled on our seats.

 

Before anything else, we prayed and greeted Him that is the reason for this celebration. It's His birthday, although not exactly His birthdate as no one living soul in this planet now knows, but still it is being celebrated in honor of Him. That's exactly why it's called CHRISTmas.

 

"Happy Birthday, Jesus. And for everyone here, Merry Christmas." My grandma said as she finished the prayer.

"And let's cheers to that." My dad cooed while proposing a cheers to which we all responded with a happy "Cheers!".

It's just red wine that we're drinking, it's still alcoholic, I know. So my cousins who are yet underaged just contented themselves with juice. While I, being legal already, happily sipped my wine.

 

So we continued to eat while having a great family time. Talking, catching up and laughing over somebody's lame joke. The elders were the one who are mostly talking, business is their main topic and it's amusing seeing them talk about it like it's something very interesting and some sort of an entertainment. Oh well, that's probably when you really love what you're doing.

 

"So, my niece had been training to be an idol in Korea, yes?" My uncle suddenly brought up the topic. I was actually hoping that we wouldn't talk about it since I'm uncomfortable that people who are close to me are like saying I'm already sort of a celebrity just because I starred in an mv.

 

"Well, yeah." I answered quietly. I intentionally made me look as if I was not interested talking about that so they would stop asking and just continue with their talks about business. But seems like everyone around me now are interested with my life suddenly.

 

"So how was it?"

"Well, it's a little tiring but fun."

They all just nodded.

"So eonni, when will you debut?" My younger cousin Krystal suddenly asked. I was shocked, not because of her question but because she called me eonni and we are not in Korea, we are not even Koreans.

 

"Well, that's something I'm unsure of. And hey, since when did you learn things about korean and kpop?" I asked her back.

She smiled sheepishly.

"Ever since you trained. When you left, dad said you'd be training to be an idol in Korea. I don't know anything about korean pop so I searched it. That's also where I learned that eonni is a term for "older sister" but only to be used by females.  And since then, I've been into kpop and my classmates as well."

I just nodded. Hmm, the effect of Hallyu.

 

"Me too, eonni. My classmates and I watched that Music video where you are the leading lady and they all want to meet you personally because they assume you're already a celebrity or something." Kim, my cousin who is younger than me by 4 years but older than Krystal added.

 

I chuckled. "Seems you guys know a lot about kpop now. So what is you favorite group?"

 

"Exo!" The two kids answered in unison.

"And why is that?" I asked them challengingly.

 

"Well, it's because they are the first kpop idol group we watched. We knew them because you starred in their mv and ever since then, we watched more of them to the point that I'm having a crush on one of them." Krystal answered, saying the last part in a whisper so her parents wouldn't hear. But they're all ears and eyes on us so i know they heard that.

 

"And who is this specific exo member you'd been crushing on?"

 

"Se Hun oppa!" she exclaimed.

 

I almost choked on my food when she said his name. Just his name and all thoughts of him are flooding my mind now. Argh. I should take my mind off him now.

 

"Eonni, you're under his company too, right?"

I just nodded.

"Then can you ask an autoraph for me, please eonni?" She asked me with that puppy eyes of her.

I sighed, as much as I want to, Se Hun and I weren't close, not even close to being friends. But I don't want to disappoint her.

"Okay, I'll try."

 

After that, the topic was changed finally and we finished eating after more than an hour of conversing. My uncle and his family will be staying at our place for the night and we all just helped clean the dishes and went on our own rooms to rest.

 

----

 

I entered my room and inhaled that familiar scent and feel of home. How I missed this. My room back in the dorm is comfy as well but there's nothin' like home. I sat on my bed while putting lotion all over my body when the door creaked open.

 

"_____, you're still up?" My mom peeked her head inside and slowly walked towards my bed. My room is dark as I already turned off the lights and the only source of light would be the moon and the stars reflecting on my window frame.

 

"Uhm, yea." I answered her.

She sat beside me and started my hair.

"_____, we missed you so much. We hadn't had our late night talks for a while now." I looked at her, even it's dark, the light from the moon outside show her glistening eyes.

 

"Well, don't worry mom. We still have 3 days and 2 full nights to talk and catch-up." I answered wittingly, not wanting to turn this moment into a dramatic one. I'm just afraid that if it does, then I'd cry a lot and I wouldn't want mom to worry about me.

She just chuckled and we continued to talk about some random stuffs.

 

"_____?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you liking someone now?"

I froze with her question.

"Err.. w-why did you asked?"

She just shrugged. "Well, you're 20 already and never once you told me that you're liking a guy. You know you can open up on me."

I stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Uhm, y-yeah.. I do." I answered shyly.

"Well that's normal. Does this guy like you too?"

"I don't know.. I don't think so." I answered with a sigh.

She just smiled as she ruffled my hair.

 

"Everything has their own time, sweetie. If it is for you, it will happen. Just wait and keep the faith."

She then kissed me on my forehead.

"So I'll be sleeping now, you too. Okay?"

I nodded. "Goodnight, mom."

"Goodnight, _____. Don't forget to pray." And with that, she headed out the door.

 

I stayed still for a few minutes thinking about her words and Se Hun. I glanced at the sky outside and look at the moons and stars as they shine brightly. I wonder where he is right now, what is he doing, with whom did he spent Christmas with..

 

I'm technically thousand miles away from him now but the stars and that moon.. I bet he saw that too. We're still under the same sky and breathing the same air..

With that sight, I just smiled as I made myself comfortable on my bed.

 

 

 

"Merry Christmas, Oh Se Hun."