eight

Starlight



Please note that this chapter is the continuation of chapter 6.
We are three days before what had happened in chapter 7.


Minho's POV

Onew hyung just went home. I was on my way to my room when I saw Key. He is standing in front of Taemin's room and he looks suspicious. I step closer and I notice that he is actually eavesdropping on his son.

I was about to pat on his shoulder when he suddenly turn back. Unluckily, he trips over my leg and we both fell together on the floor. Everything happened too fast, I couldn?t really catch up with, but what I know is I just lost my first kiss to Key.

"Omo!" I heard Taemin's voice and Key quickly stood up, taking a few steps backward. Taemin is now standing in front of his room, holding his mobile phone to his left ear, looking as shock as ever.

"T.. Taemin," I heard Key muttered his name.

"Omma, are you cheating on Jonghyun appa?!" he asked innocently, keeping his mobile phone in his pocket. He is too into Jonghyun hyung's crazy idea~

"No.. no, its not like what you think! Right, Minho?" now Key looks so panic and is asking for my help. I nod my head to Taemin as I stood up.

"Ah.. okay.." Taemin replied, but with a cheeky smile. I know he don?t believe us.

"Are you going somewhere?" Key suddenly asked.

"Neh. I'm meeting a friend! Bye, Omma, Minho hyung!" he said as he steps out of the house.

"Don't say anything to your appa!" Key shouted to him and I heard Taemin is laughing from outside.

"Don't tell me what?" Jonghyun hyung suddenly appear from the living room, looking as curious as ever.

"Nothing," Key replied, and he walks off. I saw two pink blushes appear on his cheek as he walks pass me. He's pretty..

"Minho, tell me!" Jonghyun hyung is asking me now.

"It's nothing, hyung," I said, smiling and I walk to my room. Leaving Jonghyun hyung, scratching his head.


 

***

Onew's POV

I am on my way back to my house, but I don't really pay attention to where I'm heading to. That girl, Alex.. I am more than sure she's the one. My eyes can be deceiving. I can't depend on my ears since we really didn?t talk that night, since.. like Lee Jonghyun said, we were too into kissing each other until 'that' happened.. but not my nose. It's the very same scent..

"I'm home," I said as I open the door. Though I am more than sure than Jun hyung is not back yet. He will only be back around two or three in the morning. It's only 5PM now.

I walk to the kitchen, looking for something to drink. I was about to bring a glass of cold water to my mouth when suddenly I heard foot steps. Damn, I forgot to lock the door. What if a thief or something barged in just now?

"Hyung, is that you?" I asked as I walk back to the door. No one answered, so I guess the footsteps I heard just now were not real. I locked the door and was about to step into my room when I saw Jun hyung's door is not locked like it usually is.

Perhaps he was home earlier today? And that explains the footsteps I heard just now..

"Hyung, may I come in?" I asked, knocking on the door but I accidentally fell over. Stupid sangtae..

"Oh my gosh, whose that?!" I heard a girl's voice, squealing. I quickly stood up and I caught my house mate, Jun hyung with a half girl and both of them are in such an intimate position on bed. Even Jun hyung only has his boxer on.

"Mi.. mianhae!!" I quickly bow.

"Onew, get out," I heard his voice, and he's back kissing the girl's neck. However the girl pushes him away and jumps off from the bed.

"Where are you going?" he rolled over the bed and asked.

"I don't like it when people don't respect my privacy! See you later, Jun," she said as she gave me a death glare. Well, I really don't mean to disturb her and Jun hyung just now. I thought Jun hyung was alone. And why making out in day light~?

"This is your fault!" suddenly Jun hyung said as he pushed me, and he looks a bit angry.

"I don't mean to," I gave him my honest explanation. I was about to leave the room when he suddenly grab my wrist and pinned me to the wall.

"Hyung, what are you doing?!"

"Since you made her left, maybe you can replace her.." he said as he planted a kiss on my neck.

"Hyung, stop it!" I shouted as I pushed him away, but it's not as easy as I thought. This guy has strength hidden under those muscles. He then, trying to kiss my lips but I manage to escape.

"Go away!" I shouted again. He suddenly transformed into a werewolf [I exaggerated it, of course] and push me down on his bed, climbing above me and trap me in between his arms and legs. I was too shocked with his act I didn't do anything when he leans down and kisses me on my neck, and move down to my collar bone. A few seconds passes by and I, then come to my sense. I was about to push him away when suddenly I heard a breaking sound. Both of us quickly turned to the room's door and we saw an hour glass with purple and gold sand, scattered all over the floor. If that is not surprising enough, I saw the person who broke it, too.

Have you ever had the feeling of thirsty all of a sudden, and you know by drinking one big bottle of water [maybe two big bottles] is never enough? That is what I am feeling right now. I think my mouth is all dry and I don't know where all my saliva is gone to. I never feel anything like this before.

Right now, stand in front of me is a pure beauty. A sinfully, pure beauty I think him being a boy is a mistake. His long, red hair matched his fair skin. His lips are more than inviting, and his perfect jaw line appeals more than ever. The black shirt and the tight, leather pants fit his skinny body, yet I saw a few muscles here and there, must be from exercising or dancing. And his eyes.. his eyes dazzle me the most.

I never know an angel will look so pretty with tears in his eyes, not until today.

And I fall in love.




***

Key's POV

How can that happen?? I was about to escape from Taemin's room, well I don't want him to know that I was eavesdropping on him and that Hyung! Why is Minho standing there? I .. I..

What matter most is Taemin saw me kissing Minho..

He must have got a wrong interpretation.

Seriously, there is nothing between me and Minho. I only want Taemin to be with.

"You never look so worried like this," suddenly Jonghyun hyung appear and sits beside me.

"None of your business, hyung," I replied, grabbing a magazine, pretending to read it so that he will stops talking to me.

"You.. really love to do that," he said. I turned to him and give him my what-do-you-mean glare.

"Avoiding me by pretending to read a magazine. This is not the first time,"

"I'm not pretending," I said, trying so hard to look as if I'm reading. But no matter how hard I stare at the magazine, the characters seems like.. making no sense at all.

"You're holding it upside down," he said as he chuckled.

"I know!" I snapped as I turn the magazine to the right position, trying to hide the embarrassment of selling out my own poor-quality-act. No wonder I can't read all the characters, they were upside down.

"I want to know what you guys are hiding from me," he spoke again.

"Hide what?" I replied, not looking at him.

"Just now, when you asked Taemin to hide it from me! I want to know.." he said, showing me his infamous puppy eyes.

"No," I gave him my short answer and he is now pouting. Lol. Poor Jonghyun hyung.




***


Taemin's POV

"Is it okay if I park my bicycle here?" I asked the old woman selling fruits in front of the gifts store. The ahjumma nods her head and gave me a smile, so I quickly run into the store. It's been quite sometimes since the last time I met him. It will be more decent if I can buy him something for this meeting, though he said to meet tomorrow. I agree to meet tomorrow on purpose, because I actually planned to pay him a surprise visit today! Today is the 100th day since he asked me out..

I browse through all the gifts from rack to rack. I have more than enough money but I don't know what to buy.

Maybe I should just buy us a cake? Yeah, I think that will do. I was about to step out from the store when my eyes caught a big hour glass, the height is maybe around 30 cm. It looks so pretty with purple and golden sand in it. But one thing that disturbs me is, the sand seems like.. not falling at all. I thought an hour glass need 24 hours to complete after you turn in upside down? If it's not falling at all, how is it going to be complete?

"It's different from the usual hour glass," suddenly the shopkeeper said. I guess he must have caught me staring at the hour glass.

"What's the different?" I asked.

"Usually, an hour glass took 24 hours to complete once we turned it upside down, right?" he asked and I nod my head.

"This one, will only complete after 100 days," he said, patting on top of the hour glass. I stare again carefully and I then, caught one sand fell from the top. No wonder it looks like it's not moving at all before.

"100 days.." I muttered, staring at the hour glass. I really like this gift. The shopkeeper went to the counter and he took a glance at his calendar.

"If you turn it upside down today, it will be complete on July 18," he said.

"July 18? That is my birthday!" I almost squeal.

"Really? Then it is the best to give to someone who has a special relationship with you. Turn it upside down today, and he will definitely remember your birthday," the shopkeeper said with a smile.

"I'll buy this!" I quickly said, pointing to the special hour glass. It's expensive, I admit. But it is for someone I really love, so I don?t mind.

I quickly run to my bike after I paid for the hour glass. I rejected the shopkeeper's offer to wrap it earlier. I don?t think it is necessary. I will just put it on Jun hyung's table later. It will remind him of my birthday [hehe] and is a very pretty room interior, too. I hope he will like it.

I parked my bicycle a bit far from Jun hyung's house, I don't want him to know I'm coming. I tiptoed carefully to his house when I saw his door is opened widely.

Should I just go in?

I don't think he will mind, so I step into the house after I took off my snickers. The house is well-organized. I explore every bit of the living room with my eyes when I saw a small table besides the sofa. Since the table cloth is black in colour, I think the golden sand will look so beautiful and appealing. I quickly walk to the table and was about to place the hour glass on the table after I took it out from the paper bag when I heard a voice. An unfamiliar voice. Just by his footsteps, I know he is heading here so I quickly hide behind the sofa, hugging the big hour glass close to my chest.

"Hyung, is that you?" suddenly a guy appear. He looks older than me, but is.. cute, I must say. He must be Jun hyung's house mate. I saw him locked the door and he walks off.

Aish, I feel like a thief, breaking into someone's house. I wonder what his house mate will think of me when he knows what I did just now. Maybe I should just go? How am I going to do that without being noticed?

"Oh my gosh, who's that?!" suddenly I heard a girl's, squealing. What is a girl doing in here..? Perhaps Jun hyung's house mate brings his girlfriend home, and Jun hyung bumped into them?

"Everything was going so fine before that brat came in!" suddenly I saw a very y noona walks into the living room, talking to herself. I don?t know why, but I quickly jump out from my hiding.

"Omo, who are you?!" she quickly asked when she saw me.

"Ah.. annyeong, noona!" I said as I bow.

"Annyeong.." she replied me though she hesitated to at first.

"Please don't blame Jun hyung. He didn't mean to disturb you and your boyfriend," I quickly said. The fact that the noona is mad with Jun hyung, and even call him a brat made me feel so uneasy.

"What are you talking about, aigoo, you're so cute," the noona said as she ruffles my hair.

"I just don't want you to be mad at Jun hyung," I said with a smile.

"There is no way I'm going to be mad at him, kiddo. He's my man,"

I was about to tell her not to call me 'kiddo' because I don't like it, but the last sentence shocked me.

"Your.. your man?" I asked, stuttered the words a bit.

"Yeah. You see, almost all girl are chasing after him in our college. I'm lucky he chose me. I thought I can sleep here tonight but that housemate of his, aish~ he ruined my mood!" and she looks so pissed off now. Jun hyung.. chose her?

"You mean, he is your boyfriend?" I asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Not really. Jun never date anyone, everybody knows that. He just chose me to spend his time with. To play on bed," and she laughs cheekily. What kind of girl this noona is, talking about this to a complete stranger like me?

"Play.. on bed?" I'm trying so hard to act cool, though I started to think that Jun hyung is not as nice as I thought he was. He even told everybody he never dates anyone. What that makes me? A toy?

"Aigoo, a kid like you will never understand. Wait for two or three years later, you will know what I mean. Jun is great on bed," she said and I saw two red stains appear on both of her cheeks.

I will not cry..

"How long have you been dating.. I mean.. being with him..?" I asked again, trying so hard not to cry.

"Nearly a month. Shoot, I'm late! I have to go now, see you kiddo!" and she disappears in no time. A month? So he is playing with the noona though he keeps on saying I am his only one at the same time.

Without knowing what my intention is, I step towards the room, from where the noona came out just now. I don't really know what will happen if I meet Jun hyung in the room. I don't even know what I will ask him. I just, step closer unintentionally. I guess a part of me is dying to know what else he's been doing behind my back.

The door is not even closed, that makes my job easier. I peek into the room, holding the hour glass as hard as I can, as if it will slipped away from my fingers, maybe because of my sweaty fingers. I saw no one from this angle, so I step forward. I step closer until finally I am standing in the middle of the room entrance, watching my boyfriend making out with another guy. With his house mate.

I told myself I will not cry.

Yet my tears are now filling my eyes.

I don't really know what to do other than just standing there. Jun hyung then leans down and kisses his house mate on his neck. I couldn't take it anymore. It hurts so much I dropped the beautiful hour glass.

As if Jun hyung really appreciates me and want to celebrate my birthday even if the hour glass is not broken, so I don?t really mind all the pieces of glasses and the two-coloured sand scattered all over the floor. Thanks to the broken hour glass, both of them turned to me.

Jun hyung looks startled, his eyes are widened in shock and by judging his face expression, I know his brain is working really hard to find relevant reason to throw at me. His housemate is the one who seduced him? His housemate looks like me so he thought its okay to make out with him? He's daydreaming and don?t know what had happened?

I'll never listen to him again. What I saw is what is actually happened.

And that housemate of his. Never had I hate anyone in my whole life more than I hate him.

Jun hyung, I never thought you will lie to me. My heart is now terribly broken I don't know where to find the pieces..

To be continued



Does this chapter ring a bell? Think.

If you're too lazy to think, let's have a short discussion together. Remember the prologue? You can read it again if you want HERE. I know I'm keeping the pairing a secret in the prologue. But you can point out several clues from it.

One. The one who commit the mistake is older.
So we have four candidates here. He can be Onew, Minho, Jonghyun or Key.

Two. The other one is younger since he called the one who made the mistake 'hyung'.
Again, we have four candidates. Minho, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin.

Three. Key is not one of them.
Why? Because during the conversation, he came into the room, asking for his rice cooker. So he is definitely not in the main pairing. So now we have three candidates for each category. Between OnHo, OnHyun, OnTae, JongHo, 2min, TaeHyun, which one is the main pairing?

Four. This is the most important clue. Both of them know Jun hyung.
Minho don't know him. Jonghyun don't know him. Onew does. Taemin does.

Yes, that's right! The main pairing of Starlight is actually Onew x Taemin!

Don't call me a liar. You can read again all my rambles from chapter one till the previous chapter, I never said even ONCE that the main pairing is OnHo ^^. But yeah, I never said OnHo is NOT the pairing too, LOL. It is supposed to be like that, so that this chapter will be a surprise ^^. A reading without surprise is boring, right? I just want to entertain my readers smile.gif .

According to the previous comments, I collected a number of facts that make you guys think Starlight is awkward.

I made Minho sounds like a girl. The personality doesn't suits him at all. Seriously he's crying in the prologue!
Now that you already know the truth, you can scratch this. The one who cry in the prologue is Taemin and not Minho. My version of Minho in this fic is still based on the real him, I didn't take away his charisma.

The pairing is awkward because Minho is younger, but is taller than Onew.
The same reason as above, Onew's partner is actually Taemin. Onew is older and the gap between their height is not that obvious, so you can scratch this one, too.

Minho's face is not angelic and innocent.
Again, it's Taemin. LOL. He's angelic and innocent, right?

TaeKey is .
LMAO, honestly I feel the same XD. Again, it's Onew x Taemin.

No reason, OnHo is just awkward.
But OnTae is not ^^. Leader-Magnae is love! My very first fic in SFI feature OnTae as well, and it won the prize for the most memorable fic in SFI. I'm not boasting, I just want to say OnTae is not awkward, lol.

So, if you still think Starlight is awkward, please tell me why and let see if I can scratch that one too, hehe.




Now you guys know why Taemin is being rude to Onew in the previous *short* chapter.

Jun hyung is finally here again. And he is Taemin's boyfriend XD! I saw some of you had been guessing him as Taem's boyfriend in the previous chapters, congratulations ^^! And some had been guessing Taemin is actually dating Onew. Well.. he will, in the future. ^^ And I didn't hide the Hyung's name in Taemin's POV because you readers must already know who is the boy Onew fell in love with when Taemin saw the big hour glass in the shop, right?

This chapter explains why I used an hour glass in the picture for this chapter, LOL. Suddenly came up with an idea related to it, I don't even know if such hour glass really exists or not.

Wait for the next update patiently, the official poster for Starlight 01 will be up together with the new chapter ^^.

Love.
Pynkfaery