nine

Starlight

 


Mianhae for the lazy poster ><


I want to remind all readers that Jun hyung is MBLAQ's Joon and not B2ST's Junhyung.
Since some of you were saying he is Junhyung in your comments. He's not ^^
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




Minho's POV

"He's not listening to me!" Jonghyun hyung said as he steps into the house. Key is now burying his face in his folded arms on the dining table. I turn to Onew hyung. He is staring blankly into the space, and he looks guilty, too.

"Key, palli talk to him!" Jonghyun hyung said as he pats on Key's shoulder.

"I talked to him hundreds of times already, hyung. But he is acting as if I am a wall or something~" Key said, massaging his forehead. Seriously, the magnae is making everybody in this house dizzy.

Readers, of you are wondering what had happened, let me tell you.

First, this not so big house is very comfortable to live in. We have five rooms in here, but only four of them are filled. There is one room left empty. Jonghyun hyung sometimes make a stupid joke, saying that room is haunted by a pregnant ghost. It sounds silly, but the stupid joke managed to scare the umma of the house; Key.

So I thought if there is somebody actually live there, we can get rid of the stupid pregnant ghost story, and that can reduce the quarrel between Jonghyun hyung and Key. Fewer quarrels, means more peace.

Second, when the house rent is divided by 5, it is cheaper compare to when it is divided by 4. So basically, having a new housemate is a good idea, right?

Furthermore, the new housemate is Onew hyung. That's a bonus.

Let's go back to the problem. Without knowing what the reason is, the magnae seems to hate our new housemate so much. He treats Onew hyung rudely yesterday, and he shouts at Key, too. He asked Key to choose weather to let Onew hyung in, or to watch him leave the house.

Umma-wise, Key hyung chose to let Onew hyung stay with us. Well, he knows Taemin the best. He has no where to go, so his threat stays as threat. But his hatred stays, too. He really means it when he said he will leave the house. He did.

Taemin is now in the car porch. He spreads a small carpet in the middle of the porch [which is car-less] and sits there, with his laptop turn on. At first we thought he is just joking so we let him do what he wants. But after three hours, he is still outside. He said nothing when Key asked him to eat lunch. Like Key said, Taemin treats him as if he's a wall. After half an hour passed with the umma tried to persuade him, Key gave up and pushed Jonghyun hyung to talk to him.

And yes, Jonghyun hyung failed too.

"Sending Onew hyung is not a good idea, so let me try," I said as I stood up. Jonghyun hyung claps his hands when I volunteered.

"Minho, hwaiting!" he cheered for me and Key smacks him on his back.

God bless them.

"Don't talk to me," Taemin quickly said as soon as I reached him.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked. At least he is talking to me. That means I'm not a wall, like Key and Jonghyun hyung.

"I am. But since you guys chose HIM over me, just leave me here. I'll die of starvation soon, and everybody will be happy," he said as he pouts. He's still a kid. A cute kid.

"Everybody in the house is so worried. Especially Key," I said.

"He lied. He likes that new hyung more than me," he replied, still pouting.

"That's not true. Come on, I know you're hungry," I said as I took his hand in mine. But he quickly squeezes his hand from my grip.

"Leave me alone," he said as he lies down on the carpet, covering his face with a book.

"Fine. Stay here as long as you like. Come in when you want to, you are always welcome," I said as I stood up. He shows no response, so I make my way into the house.

"How was it?!" both the umma and appa asked as soon as I stepped into the house.

"He said he'll soon die of starvation and all of us will be happy,"

"What?!" Key gasped.

"He also said you like Onew hyung more than him," I said again, causing Key to flee outside. He loves Taemin so much he can't stand the fact his son thought him liking someone else better.

"Taemin, go inside and eat lunch, palli!" Key is now shouting in the porch, his index finger pointing to the door, which is now full of the remaining of us.

"Don't want," I heard Taemin's short reply.

"I am serious, Taem. Go inside, now!"

"I said I don't want to!" Taemin is now raising his voice too as he throws the book he used to cover his face just now to his side.

"Don't be childish, Taemin!"

"I can be what I want anytime!"

Both omma and son keep on shouting at each other for a few more moments when Taemin's mobile phone suddenly rings. Taemin stares at the screen for a second before he picked up the call.

"Snap, I forgot to write the essay!" he said as he stood up. By judging his reaction, I think maybe one of his classmates called and asked about whatever essay. Maybe he has to submit it tomorrow and he totally forgot about it.

"W-what essay?" Key asked.

"A biography essay, hyung! My teacher assigned each one of us to write about certain people. I have to write about a doctor. I am supposed to submit it this evening before 5, and I haven't even started!" Taemin shouted as he jumps into the house. Voluntarily.

"Yay, you're back!" Jonghyun hyung was about to give Taemin a hug when the boy runs into his room, leaving his 'appa' alone, with open arms.

"He grows up so fast he doesn't need his appa anymore," Jonghyun hyung said, pretending to be sad. Just how funny can this guy be?

A few seconds later, Taemin appeared from his room holding some papers and a blue pen in between his fingers.

"How am I going to write about a doctor, I know no one and nothing!" he said and he looks so desperate, now sitting at the dining table.

"Hyung, pretend to be a doctor and help him!" Key said as he pushed Jonghyun hyung to the magnae.

"Ah, neh!" Jonghyun hyung said as he took a seat in front of Taemin.

"Hyung, if you're a doctor, what is your goal in life?" Taemin asks as he jotted down something in his paper.

"Well.. I want to marry Key," Jonghyun hyung gave his answer, and I saw Key slapped his forehead.

"You're going to marry.. WHAT??!" Taemin is in the middle of writing his answer when he realizes the stupid answer his appa gave just now.

"What is wrong with my answer? A good doctor has to be honest, so I'm being honest here!" Jonghyun hyung replied, backing up his nonsense answer.

"Appa, you're not helping at all~" Taemin said as he tore the paper into two. He took out another sheet and writes his name on top of it.

"I'm a Medic student.." suddenly Onew hyung said. He's been so quiet all this time, maybe because of his guilt. I was so into the 'family problem' I totally forgot Onew hyung is a medical student.

"You are..?" Key asked, and Onew hyung quickly nods his head.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!" Taemin said as he jumps from his seat. He made his way to us and he grabs Onew hyung's hand and pulls him to the dining table where he is writing his essay just now.

"Appa, move!" Taemin said as he pushed Jonghyun hyung away and asked Onew hyung to sit there. Jonghyun hyung pretends to be hurt and bury his face in Key's shoulder before the umma too, pushes him away.

"Why is everybody pushing me away today~" Jonghyun hyung started to complain.

"He can't hate anyone for too long," I heard Key said. I agree with him. Just now Taemin is hating Onew hyung so much, but he grabs him, and give his appa's seat to him. And now they are talking to each other awkward-less-ly.

I hope they can get along well.

***


Key's POV

Minho is talking to Onew hyung on the couch. Jonghyun hyung is sleeping in his room so I am having an ultimate peace right now. Taemin went to his school on bicycle, to submit the essay just now. I think he will be back in a few minutes. I am cooking dinner alone in the kitchen. Minho and Onew hyung offered to help but I like working on my own, so I asked them to rest.

"I'm back!" I heard Taemin's voice in the living room.

"Did you manage to submit it to your teacher?" I asked as soon as I reach him.

"Neh, omma!" he replied with a cheerful smile.

"Good for you," Minho said as he ruffles Taemin's hair.

"You should thank Onew hyung for helping," I said, and suddenly the smile on his face started to fade.

"Ah, neh .." he replied as he turns to Onew hyung. Suddenly he is awkward with the eldest in the house. It used to be Jonghyun hyung's title.

"Thank.. you," he said without looking at Onew hyung and quickly flee to his room after that.

"He needs time," I heard Minho said to the eldest, and Onew hyung smiles, nodding his head too.

 

***


Onew's POV

The dinner just now was so delicious. Key is very good in cooking, it suits the omma title.

And the boy.. I mean, Taemin. He is very friendly to everybody, but is not talking to me. Well, I don't think he hates as much as yesterday. At least he tried to speak a few words to me. But he sounds awkward, that's all.

And it feels like a torture. How I wish I can talk to him freely. I envy Key, Minho and Jonghyun hyung for having that chance.

I am now having a personal issue. I think Jonghyun is right back then when we met that night. It's hard to admit that I am .. not into girls. But what more reason I need to explain my feelings for Taemin? I fell for him right when I saw him a few days ago. I feel terribly bad for making such a beautiful person shed his tears. I feel like a torture when he hates me.

I want that hatred to go.

I want happiness.

Suddenly I heard somebody knocking on my door.

"Minho, is that you?" I quickly assume it's Minho.

"Uh.. no.. it's Taemin," and I heard the voice I had been longing to hear. I quickly jumps to my feet and runs to the door. I checked my hair a bit in the mirror and open the door with a grin. I think I look stupid now.

"C-come in," I said, inviting him.

"Neh," he said as he steps into my room. He is wearing a very big shirt and a knee-length pants. Is it just me or he looks too cute tonight?

"Can I sit here..?" he turned to face, asking, pointing to my bed.

"S-sure!"

"Komawo.." he said as he took a seat.

I then dragged my chair from my desk and place it in front of Taemin before I sat on it.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" I asked, trying to chase away the awkwardness between us.

"Well.. I realized I don't really talk to you at dinner just now. Plus, my rude act yesterday.. I must have given you a very bad impression.." he started, and he is staring at his toes.

I wish I can say "It's okay. Just stay here with me, I'll be happy,"

But then I realized that reply is too stupid and cheesy, how can I even thought of saying it to Taemin?!

"I.. I thought I should apologize to you, for being too childish .." he continues, still is hiding his face. I will ask Key to cut his long, red hair tomorrow. Why hide your face when you're too pretty even guys fall for you?

"Meet Dubu!" I suddenly said as I grab my tofu plushy on my bed and put it on Taemin's lap. He looks down at the plushy for sometimes before his eyes find mine.

"I am a guy, 21 years old, and I have a cute plushy on my bed," I said as I laugh.

"Well, that's not weird," Taemin said as he hugs Dubu.

"You don't find it weird?" I widened my not so big eyes. My omma sometimes said I am too old to keep Dubu.

"Come with me!" suddenly he stood up and he took my hand in his. I feel an electric shock down through my shivering spine the moment he touched my skin.

"Where are we going, Taeminnie?" I asked as I follow his steps, not realizing that I already called his name informally.

"My room, hyung!" he said cheerfully, I swear I almost die of happiness the moment he call me 'hyung'.

Both of us were about to steps into his room when suddenly Key appeared from the kitchen.

"Where are you two going?" he asked, and I realized he is staring at our hands. Holding hands.

"I'm showing Onew hyung a few things, omma," Taemin replied with his cute grin and he dragged me into his room after that. Is it just me or Key looks a little bit uncomfortable just now..?

"Welcome to my room!" Taemin said, inviting me into his room. I was about to thank him when I saw lots of plushies on his bed. Teddy bears, elephants, a blue whale, and I saw a green dinosaur too!

"Taemin, that's a lot!" I muttered as I walk to his bed.

"Neh, I know. Most of them were given by my admirers," he said as he chuckled. Well, it's not surprising at all. Just look at his cute, baby face. All girls will die just to pinch his cheeks.

"I think this is the cutest," I said as I grabbed a medium sized teddy and show it to him, but his cheerful smile fades away all of a sudden.

"Jun gave that.." he said, and I realized he dropped the word 'hyung' in front of Jun hyung's name. Things are going so fine just now, why did I chose a teddy that reminds him of that jerk out of all these plushies?! I'm such a fail..

"It's ugly, then," I quickly said and throws the teddy out from his window. He widened his eyes when he saw what I did.

"This is cuter," I said as I grabbed the green dinosaur.

"Ah, Jonghyun appa gave this! He said this dino will make me remember him all the times since Key omma keep on saying he resembles a dinosaur," Taemin said as he took a seat besides me. He's smiling again, and I am more than glad.

"Dubu will have friends from now on," I said.

"Neh! Well, I just want to show you my collection. I am 17, and I don't think I will get rid of them when I reach your age later. So it's okay for you to keep Dubu," he said with a smile. What a sugar.

"Thanks," I said as I pat him of his head.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?"

I swear my heart almost burst with joys every time he call me 'hyung'.

"Neh, what is it?"

"Why did you move in?"

Aish.. why do you ask, Taemin. I really want to avoid talking about that jerk. How am I supposed to answer your question without mentioning his name.

"W-well.. I am so scared of living with such a beastly house mate, so I thought I should look for another place to stay. Luckily Minho said this house has another extra room," I said, and I manage to dropped his name.

Taemin stares at me for awhile before his lips form a smile.

"I think you are very thoughtful when you answered my question without mentioning his name," he said. Well, I'm glad I made that pretty smile of his appeared on his face. I don't really know how to reply him, so I just keep quiet at stare at him.

"I'm glad you moved in," he said again.

"W-why?"

"I think I started to like you," he replied with a very angelic smile. He looks so honest at the same time.

"Komawo, Taeminnie,"

To be continued..




Dear readers,
I am so sorry for updating this so late. I have some personal issues [revisions, exams, new fic] , mianhae! *bows to all readers*

The story goes on, Taemin can't really hate out leader. Onew is too adorable to begin with, ne ^^? My favourite part in this chapter is when Jonghyun pretends to be a doctor to help Taemin with his essay. XD

Don't forget to leave your comment before leaving ^^! Wait for the next update patiently, ne ^^! Three more chapters to go before the first book ends :) !

Till the next update,
Pynkfaery