chapter six

Starlight





Minho's POV

"Hyung, are you okay?" I asked. He is just standing there, dazed. But I notice he is watching Alex for quite long, didn?t blink his eyes even once.

Well, Alex is pretty.

And Onew hyung is not like me.

"Hyung?" I called him again and he turned to me.

"Ah, mianhae Minho.." he said and tried to form a smile.

"It's okay. Should we go now?"

He nods and we both then walk to the caf?, talking about random stuffs. I tried to shove away the fact that Onew hyung is interested in girls, but I can't. I don?t want to lose him..

 

***

Taemin's POV

"Bring this to the table," Key hyung said as he place a big bowl of kimchi in my hand. I hold it with my fingers carefully and make my way to the dining table.

"OPEN THE DOOR!!!" suddenly I heard a voice shouting from outside, so loud with crazy knocks hitting on our door. I was too shocked with that voice [and the knocks..] I dropped the bowl.. Key hyung will kill me if he sees the kimchi he cooked so lovingly is now scattered all over the floor.

"Aigoo, the crazy knocker outside just woke me up from my wonderful dream, and now you spilled my food on the floor," Jonghyun hyung who looks sleepy is now pouting.

"I'm sorry, hyung," that is all I can say.

"Go tell your omma, and let me see who is knocking like crazy outside," he said as he woke up from the sofa.

I nod and head for the kitchen. I saw Key hyung is cutting some oranges and arranging them beautifully in a plate.

"Hy..hyung," I called for his name. Aish, I really don?t know how to tell him about the kimchi.

"Neh?" he looks at me, holding the plate of oranges.

"Um.. did you heard the shout and the knocks just now?"

"Ah.. yes. Why? Who is it?"

"Jonghyun hyung is fetching her. Well.. because of the shout.. I .. I .."

"You what, Taeminnie?"

"I.." I don?t know how to say this~

"You dropped the bowl and the kimchi is now scattered all over the floor?" he then asked.

"?" and I can only blink my eyes for now.

"It's okay. We still have much in the pot," surprisingly, he didn?t nag at all at me.

"Are you really okay, hyung?" I can't help myself but to ask.

"Neh. Come, help me to clean the floor," he replied me with a cheerful smile. Key hyung..


Key's POV

I told myself that the stupid fight between Taemin and three days ago will be the last. No matter what happen after this, I don?t want him to lock himself in the room anymore. I hate it when I can't hear his voice.

I quickly know when he hesitated about the kimchi just now. I just made a guess on him dropping it. Well, it turn out to be true. And I don?t think I should scold him for something small like that. Who knows, it might lead to another fight between us?

"Are you really okay, hyung?" he asked. Well, he must have expected me to scold him or something.

"Neh. Come, help me to clean the floor," I said, and he follows me cheerfully to the dining area.

I was about to take my seat around the table when suddenly Jonghyun hyung steps in with a boring look on his face.

"Taemin, your omma is here," he said as he took a seat besides me. I saw Taemin stares at me.

"But my omma is here," he said, pointing at me. LOL, Taemin. You're too into Jonghyun hyung's idea on omma-appa-son. Well, I think that is a disadvantage on me. I don?t want him to see me as his omma. He will never feel the same towards me if that's the case. Aish, Jonghyun hyung. It's all because of you and your crazy idea.

"Taeminnn!" suddenly a long-haired girl jumps in, calling for Taemin's name.

"Ah, Alex noona!" Taemin quickly stood up and greets Alex.

The girl quickly runs towards Taemin and throw her arms around my Taemin. Gosh, this is the only thing I don?t like about Alex. She's pretty, she's friendly, she's helpful, she's loud [okay, scratch that] but I hate it when she is too close to Taemin.

I don?t want Taemin to fall for her..

"I miss youu!!" she said as she tightens her hug, and I heard Taemin replied that he misses her, too. I was about to invite her to sit when she suddenly slaps Taemin on his back after she freed him from her hug.

"You didn?t contact me at all after that morning!!" she said. What morning. I was about to ask Taemin what is Alex talking about but I saw him giving her a death glare, more like a warning actually. Well, I can make a conclusion just by watching that.

Whatever happened that morning, it is supposed to be a secret between both of them and Taemin don?t want us to know.

I need to know. I hate secrets. Especially when it involves Taemin and my rival, and I'm excluded. Gee, I hate that.

"Ah.. mianhae!" I caught Alex whispered. Confirmed. They are hiding something from me. But what is it?!

"Come and eat with us, Alex," Jonghyun hyung invited her. In no time, both of them are sitting in front of me, ready to eat as if nothing had happened.

"Key, why didn?t you eat?" I heard Jonghyun hyung asked. I turned to him and realize everybody is eating their meals, and I'm the only one who is staring in space.

"I'm going to eat now," I quickly said. I guess I've been thinking about about Alex, Taemin and that morning too much.

"Do you want me to feed you?" there he starts. I saw Jonghyun hyung leans forward towards me with a bowl of rice in his hand, trying to feed me.

"I swear I'll kill you if you don?t stop now, hyung," I said with a death glare.

He quickly adjusts his sit, and eat his food as if nothing had happened. But I saw his lips murmured something.

"Denial,"

Jonghyun hyung, you're funny.



***

Minho's POV

"It's okay, hyung. You don?t have to walk me home," I said since he insisted to walk me home.

"Why? Do you hate me that much?" and he pouts. And he looks so adorable.

"No hyung, it's not like that. I just thought, maybe you need rest. You know, after what had happened.."

"Don't you worry about that, Minho. I have had enough rest these three days," he said cheerfully.

"Is it really okay, hyung?"

"Neh! Furthermore our houses are on the same route. And I would like to know your house mates, too," he said.

"Well, if you say so," I replied with a smile. And we both then walk to my house.




***


Key's POV

"Don?t you think something is fishy about Taemin and Alex, hyung?" I asked Jonghyun hyung who is watching the television after we're done with our lunch and the dishes, too.

"What?" he asked without looking at me. Geez, and he called himself Taemin's appa?

"They are hiding something from us," I said. I turned around, and both of them are nowhere to be seen. Where are they?

"Aish Key, you're worrying too much. You need to be more positive. Maybe those two are in love with each other, and they are too shy to tell us,"

Great. That is the worst, hyung. The worst! I don?t want that to happen. Never.

"But they are cousins!" I snapped.

"So what? That is not a barrier at all. We are cousins, too but we are married to each other," he said, with his fingers caressing my face.

"Hyung, you pabo! Since when you're my cousin!?" I snapped as I pushed his fingers away and walk off. I heard him laughing in the living room. Geez, he's such a tease.

I was about to enter my room when I heard Taemin's voice inside his room, as if he's talking to someone. Maybe Alex. Yeah, must be Alex.

"I don?t know," he said.

I leaned down a bit, pressing my ear on the door to listen to their conversation.

"So, you mean you lost it?" I heard Alex's voice.

"No!! I just don?t know where it is!"

"You know it is important to me!"

"I know, and I'm sorry.."

"Aish, Taemin.. I shouldn?t lend it to you.."

"Noona, I'm sorry.."

Just what had happened? Aigoo, this curiosity will kill me soon if I didn?t get to know what they are talking about.

"I better go now," I heard Alex's voice.

"Noona, please don?t be sad. I will pay you back!"

"It will not be the same,"

"I will feel guilty .."

"Don't be. I will not lose it if I didn?t ask you to help me that night,"

Okay, now she is talking about a 'night'. Just now she talked about a 'morning'. Aish, what had happened between these two that night? And that morning?

"At least let me pay you back,"

"You don?t have to do this, Taemin,"

"Noona, I will pay!"

And I know Alex was about to reply Taemin when suddenly I heard Minho's voice, calling from outside.

"You stay here!" I heard Alex's voice.

"Where are you going?"

"Let me go first. We can't go together or your hyungs will suspect something,"

"Ah.. you're right.."

And I quickly run to the living room. I don?t want them to know I was eavesdropping just now. That will ruin my image.

Jonghyun hyung is so into that Spongebob show on the TV he asked me to open the door for Minho. What a lazy bum.

"Come in, Min.. eh, you bought a friend!" I quickly noticed a guy standing with him.

"Neh," Minho replied with a smile.

"Annyeong, I'm Onew," his friend quickly introduce himself.

"Weird name," I quickly muttered and both of them stare at me. I can't believe I just being rude to my guest!

"Mianhae, please forget what I said just now! I'm Key, by the way," I quickly said, faking a laugh.

"Key? Weird name.." that Onew said, and I stare at him. How dare him?!

"Mianhae!" and he bow when he realized what he said just now.

"It's okay, please come in," I invited him in. Well, I said his name is weird too, just now. So we're even.

"Kamsahamnida," they both said and make their way into their house. I couldn?t help but to stare at this Onew. He looks .. fishy. Well, there is something weird about him. I don?t know what it is, though.

"Hyung, this is Key, he's the omma of the house," I heard Minho is introducing me to his friend. I just smile at him. So this Onew is a hyung?

"This is the appa, his name is.." well, Minho can't complete his sentence when Onew suddenly yelled on top of his voice.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyung! You're Kim Jonghyun, right?!"

"Aigoo, who are you?! Why are you disturbing me, can't you see I'm watching Sponge.. eh? I know you.. you're.. Lee Junki!" Jonghyun hyung who looks disturbed just now, looks so excited when he saw who was actually yelling at him.

"It's Lee Jinki, not Lee Junki! I never act as a concubine!" he snapped. Gosh I almost die of laughing when I heard that. Among all roles Lee Junki playes, he remembered 'concubine' the most? LOL.

"Junki, Jinki, whatever. Hi, long time no see," Jonghyun hyung greets him with a cheeky smile. These two.. must have been hiding something from me.

"You know him, hyung?" Minho asked, though I don?t really know to who that question is for.

"Yeah, we met three days ago," Jonghyun hyung replied and continue watching Spongebob.

"Don?t act like you don?t know anything!" Onew hyung then stepped forward, quickly grabbed the remote control from Jonghyun hyung's hand and switch off the TV.

"Yah, Junki! What are you doing?! I'm watching Spongebob!" Jonghyun hyung snapped as he stood up.

"I don?t care about your Spongbob Triangle Pants!" Onew hyung is raising his voice, now.

"It's square, not triangle!"

"I don?t care! Tell me what had happened that night?!" now another two people talking about a night. What night?!

"Aish, why are all of you so loud?!" suddenly Alex appear from nowhere and asked.

"Alex, you're here?" Minho asked.

"You know her?" I asked, pointing to Alex.

"Well yes. We're classmates," Minho said and Alex nods.

"Ah, I see.." I said, trying to pay attention to Minho with a stupid background conversation. Well, Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung are still shouting about Spongebob's pants. I even heard the word 'pyramid' from Onew hyung. It's not square and triangle, so it's a pyramid. That doesn?t make sense at all. LOL, Minho's friend is so funny.

"I thought you said you're going to have lunch at your cousin's house?" asked Minho to Alex.

"Yeah. My cousin, Taemin is living here,"

"Ah, so Taemin is your cousin," Minho is nodding his head.

"Where's Taemin?" I asked.

"He was on phone when I came here," Alex said. Phone.. could it be he is talking to that Hyung again..?

"I don't care what you think of his pants, just give me the remote!" Jonghyun hyung is shouting.

"No!" Onew hyung replied and he throws the remote control out of the house from the window!

"Oh my god, must you really do that?!" Jonghyun hyung asked, almost shouting.

"Yes! That's for giving me alcohol!" Onew hyung replied.

"Alcohol?" Minho quickly asked.

"Yes, he gave me alcohol!" Onew hyung replied.

"You gave him alcohol?" I asked, widening my eyes at Jonghyun hyung.

"Yes, he gave me alcohol!" Onew hyung said again.

"You gave him alcohol?" it's Alex's turn to ask.

"How many times do I have to answer? Yes, he gave me..!" and he stopped. I look at him, and I saw Onew hyung is now staring at Alex. He was so busy shouting about stupid pants just now he didn?t realize the girl in the living room.

"You .." and I turn to Alex, only to find her also staring at Onew hyung.

Another mystery. Don?t tell me they linked to each other by another 'night' or another 'morning'.


Onew's POV

"You gave him alcohol?"

I was so mad! Yes, that Kim Jonghyun gave me alcohol that night, and must everybody ask the same question? Minho and Key already asked, and I gave them the same answer. Now this girl also wants to ask the same question?

""How many times do I have to answer? Yes, he gave me..!" and I can't finish my sentence when I saw the girl. She's the same girl who Minho's talked to before we went to lunch together. The girl with the familiar scent from that night. Starlight.

"You.." and if I'm not mistaken, maybe she recognize me, too. She is staring at me now, as hard as I'm staring at her.

"Don't tell me you guys know each other, too," Key said as he took a seat on the nearest sofa. Well, I don?t really know her. I can't remember her face properly, thanks to the stupid alcohol Kim Jonghyun gave me. But there is no way I can forget that scent. If what Lee Jonghyun said is true, that we were making out in the hall.. aish what am I thinking!?

"I'm going," the girl [well I heard Minho called her Alex earlier] who is now looking so disturbed, quickly said and she quickly rushes to the door and left.

"That's fast.." Key muttered.

Are you really the girl from that night? If you are, why are you running from me? Is it because of the mistake we made..?

 

***


Key's POV

"Onew hyung, please make yourself at home," I said as I stood up. I want to check on Taemin.

"Thanks," he replied and took a seat besides Minho. Jonghyun hyung is outside of the house, looking for the remote control Onew hyung threw earlier.

"Neh, I'm talking to Key hyung again," I heard Taemin's voice as soon as I started eavesdropping again. He must be talking to that Hyung.

"No, don?t be jealous, hyung. Key hyung is more like an omma for me," and that sentence stabs my heart.

"That sounds great! I miss you too, hyung! Let's meet tomorrow!" and I know I don?t want to listen any further. I turn back but I trip over something and fell. I closed my eyes, knowing it will be hurt when I opened my eyes soon. But I was wrong. I fell on something that is obviously not the floor. And my lips.. my lips are on a very soft surface.

I opened my eyes and I finally know what crazy situation I'm in currently. I fell on my new housemate, Choi Minho. He is staring at me with his adorable, big eyes [did I just said his eyes 'adorable'??!!] and my lips are pressing his. That explains the soft surface.

Kim Kibum, you're so dead.

To be continued..



Jajang! I hope you guys will love this update. So many things happened; I hope I don't get my readers confused.

Let's have a talk to make this chapter clearer. Alex is here again. She is 19 years old, sharing Key and Minho's age. A classmate of Minho, and is Taemin's cousin. Onew finally met Kim Jonghyun [who gave him alcohol that night] and he met Alex too! Alex seems like recognizing him too, and she quickly left after that. Key who is so protective over Taemin, is eavesdropping and end up hurt. On his way to escape, he tripped his leg and fell on our flaming charisma. And they kissed.

LOL, I end up summarizing the whole chapter XD! So yeah, tell me what do you think of the 'night' and the 'morning' everybody but Key and Minho is talking about. It's okay if you don't have any idea, just wait for the next update. Oh yes, Onew finally get to know Jonghyun and Key! But Taemin is not there since he's with Alex, talking about something that he lost. What is it? You have to read on to know smile.gif

"Is the author giving up on OnHo and is moving to MinKey now?"
Well, keep on reading to find out ^^! And please wait for the next update! A weird chapter is coming smile.gif

Thanks for reading, don't just go. Each words from you guys encourage me a lot smile.gif

Gosh, I will be back to edit the question marks later XD!

Love,
Pynkfaery