Chapter Three

Starlight

Minho's POV

My shirt is all wet. I helped Key with the dishes just now. His chicken soup was very delicious I finished two bowls. He refused to accept Taemin's help in the kitchen and forced the younger boy to go to sleep early. He's a good omma.

Here I am, sitting on my bed with only my table lamp switched on. I feel so stupid. Why did I encourage Onew hyung to go to the ball? He might be meeting some pretty girls there and fall in love, and he will be even harder for me to have..

Aish, why am I falling for him in the first place?

He's nice, he's kind. He's soft spoken. He's caring. The list of the positive traits of him will never stop. I wish he's mine..

The room feels so hot all of a sudden, so I decided to open the window. The night wind embraces my body as soon as I open it, and much to my surprise, I saw Taemin climbing out from his window, carrying a small bag on his shoulder. He is so careful to close the window back, he didn't notice I'm watching him from my window.

"Taemin," I called for his name when he was about to leave. He turned to face me, with a very pale face.

"M.. Minho hyung," he greeted me with a very guilty expression.

"Where are you going?" I tried so hard not to scare him.

"I.. I have to meet someone.." he said.

"Key will be worried if he knows. He thought you were sleeping,"

"I know, but this is urgent, hyung. Please don't tell him!" he said, and his pleading eyes shine in the dark night. I don't think I can say "?no' to this young boy.

"I'll pretend that I know nothing, but don't come back too late," I finally said and I saw him smiling brightly.

"Thanks hyung! I will be back before 12, I promise!"? he bows and quickly ran off. I wonder who he is going to meet. He's hardly put down his mobile phone during dinner just now, so I guess.. maybe his girl friend? I look at the clock to check the time. It's almost 10 pm now. I hope he will keep his promise. And I better change my wet shirt now.

Onew's POV

"May I sit here?" suddenly a very pretty girl approached me, asking with a very pretty smile.

"Sure," if only I can say that. I am so eager to find my starlight, but I never get to speak to girls properly. If the girl is lucky, I will stutter all my words when I talk to her. Usually, the girls were always unlucky because all I can do is stare at them blankly, hardly blinking my eyes. I'm a statue when it comes to girls, aish.

"S..sur..sureee!!" and the girl is lucky. I managed to utter a word, but yeah, I stuttered like hell.

"Uh.. let me get us some drinks. Are you okay with coke?" she asked, and she looks unsure now. I must have already given her a bad first impression.

"N..neh!" I stuttered my word again, and I nod my head real quick, like ten times in one second.

She took a few steps back, and disappeared in the black crowd [since everybody is wearing black]. At first I thought she really went to get coke for both of us. Then I realized I was wrong because she didn't come back after 20 minutes. I must have scared her with my stupidity just now. Shame on you, Lee Jinki. You're already 21. You're going to graduate soon, be a cute doctor with big income [hopefully], but will have no wife because you're super awkward when you're talking to girls. Aish..

"Are you gay?" suddenly a guy appeared in front me and asked a stupid question.

"?What? Do I look like one?" I quickly asked.

"See? You spoke really well to guys like me, but so awkward and stupid to girls. You must be gay!" he snapped his fingers and he took a seat right beside me.

"No, I'm not~" I muttered slowly.

"Let's try another game," he said, placing his tall glass on the table in front of us.

"What game?"

"What do you think of that girl?" he asked, pointing to a very beautiful girl in a gorgeous-looking dress.

"Um.. she's beautiful," I quickly said.

"Just.. beautiful?" he asked, raising one of his brows.

"Yeah, beautiful. Very beautiful," I said.

"What do you think of me?" he asked a weird question now, staring into my eyes.

"You.. look good," I said.

"Just.. look good?"

"Um, I envy your jaw line,"

"Because I look y with it?"

I nod.

"What else?"

"You speak very well, too. Girls will be easily attracted to you,"

"What else?"

"You look very fine in that black suit,"

"Ok, done," he said with an evil smile.

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"From the game we played just now, I already got a conclusion," he said, nodding wisely.

"What conclusion?" I asked, and he handed me his glass.

"Drink this. It's for adults. Like us," he said, and I stupidly follow his words. Gosh, what drink is this? It tastes .. weird.

"The girl *points to the beautiful girl in gorgeous dress just now* and I are both strangers to you, right?" he asked when I emptied the glass. I just nod my head.

"When I asked your opinion about her, you said she's beautiful. Very beautiful,"

I nod again. I feel dizzy.

"And when I asked your opinion about me, you have bunch of answers. Good-looking, y jaw line, speaks well, attractive, looks fine in a black suit,"? he continued, and I nod again. My head hurts.

"That shows that you're into boys!" he said, snapping his fingers and I went O.o ..

"No, I'm not!" I wish I can shout that on his face, but I can't. The sentence ended up more like a whisper.

"You don't have to deny it. You're not alone," he said as he chuckled. Am I really gay~? I can't be, right?

"I'm Kim Jonghyun. Let's be friends," he said with a smile. I nod my head and introduced myself.

"Lee Jinki. But Onew will be fine," I said, not looking at him. I feel like falling asleep when suddenly my eyes caught a beautiful figure. She's a tall girl, with long, curly dark brown hair, wearing a long, silk white dress. She's got a small, diamond hair clip pinned on her hair. Very simple, yet very beautiful.

"Star..starlight..?" I manage to muttered, trying real hard to open my not-so-big eyes. Man, what drink did this Kim Jonghyun give me just now?

"Starlight?" Kim Jonghyun asked as he looked at me.

"Yes, starlight.." I said, nodding as quickly as I can, using my fingers as a goggle around my eyes to eye her clearly. Although my sight is getting blurred, I can see her even more clearly. In the middle of the black crowd, she stands out, shining as bright as ever in white. And I quickly told myself, she must be my starlight.

"Go and talk to her," Kim Jonghyun said as he poured more of the weird drink into two tall glasses, motioning them to me. I blink my eyes a few times, staring at the tall glasses, not knowing what to do.

"Go," he said again, pushing me from my seat. I hold the two glasses in my grip tightly as I made my way to her. To my starlight.


***


Key's POV

"Kim Jonghyun, wake up!!" I shouted as loud as ever, knocking on his door. I don't want anyone of us to be late for college.

"Taeminnie, Minho, breakfast is ready!" I shouted again, but lowered my tone a bit. A few seconds after that, Minho stepped out of his room, ready to go to college.

"Morning, Key," he greets me with a smile and took a seat in front of me. I smile as I greet him back.

"Where's Jonghyun hyung? And Taemin?" he asked as he took a glass of hot chocolate and placed it in front of him.

"Those two, aish~ How many times do I have to shout for them to wake up? Yah!! Kim Jonghyun!! Come out now!!" and I stood up from my chair, walking to Taemin's room. I don't want to shout at my son like I did to Jonghyun hyung just now. I was about to knock on his door when suddenly somebody entered the house from the front door. I turned back and I saw Jonghyun hyung!

"Ah.. good morning~," he said sleepily, and I saw him in his black suit. So he just came back from the dinner this morning?

"Yah! Where have you been all night?" I shouted again. Seriously, I don't care if I woke up the whole neighborhood.

"Aish Key, stop shouting! The neighbors will soon be deaf because of you," he replied lazily, drinking Minho's hot chocolate. The alien-boy just sits there and stares at both of us with his big eyes.

"Next time if you don't want to come home, tell me earlier!" I snapped. He walks to me with his usual evil smirk and draws a long line on my cheek, my jawline down to my neck with his finger, making my heart skip a beat and he then, leans down a bit.

"I know you missed me," he whispered into my ears and I quickly took a few steps away from him.

"Stop talking nonsense! I want you to inform me earlier so that I don't have to waste my golden voice shouting in the morning to wake you up," I snapped and he laughed his usual evil laugh. How annoying.

"I don't know what to do with you. You'll set a bad example to Taemin," I said, folding my arms.

"Nah, he's a good kid. He'll never sneak out at night and come back home only in the morning," he said, folding his arms too. And suddenly somebody stepped in the house from the front door, and all of us quickly threw our gaze on him.

"Taemin..?" I can't believe my eyes when I saw my son there, and he dropped his bag when his eyes met mine.

"Key hyung.." my name came out from his mouth.

"Where did you come from, Taeminnie?" Jonghyun hyung quickly asked.

"I .. I thought all of you are still in bed.." he said, not replying Jonghyun hyung's question, and he looks very pale now.

"Taemin, where were you last night?" I asked, and my son now is pale as ever. I knew it. I always knew Jonghyun hyung is never a good example for him.

To be continued..






Let's talk a bit about this chapter. The story is moving on, Onew met Jonghyun at the ball, and I revealed Onew's unnecessary nervousness around girls. What do you think of Jonghyun's experiment on Onew? Do you agree with him? And owh, not to forget, Onew spotted his starlight! Wait for the next chapter to know what will happen to Onew and the girl, and Taemin, too! Jonghyun is a bad appa in here, as well in Hello Baby 2, LOL. Seriously, starving the baby? Locked him up in a room? Jonghyun is funnay, XD! Ok, I'm out of topic now O.o ..

So yeah, that's all. Thanks for reading, and supporting Starlight up till now smile.gif I really appreciate it ^^

Till the next update,
Pynkfaery