Chapter 2

Someday

YunHui had been lying awake almost all night, thinking about what had happened.


He had heared me... he had heared me...!!!

Her heart had begun to race and her face had gotten red everytime she had thought about it. What would he think about her now? Would he tell someone? But wait, she wasn’t his student. Probably he didn’t even know her name. With that hope – even though it was small – she had finally been able to sleep.

But as the door of the classroom then opened, she froze. Casually, wearing sunglasses and a fashionable hat, he came into the room. When the students noticed him, they immediately began to whisper and exciting shrieks of some girls could be heard.

He put the classlist onto the desk and took off the glasses. “Good morning, everybody. I guess you’re confused why I’m here instead of Park-ssaem. Unfortunately she has to stay in the hospital for the next time while I’ll be your homeroom teacher for now. For those, who don’t know who I am: I’m Kang JiYong.”

The news of JiYong being their teacher clearly made the students exciteted. Only YunHui wasn’t very pleased about that.

Throughout the whole lesson she had hoped for him not to recognize her and tried to be as inconspicious as possible.

When the school bell finally announced the end of class, she sighed. Luckily he hadn’t called her once.

Just as she was about to stand up, he called her: “Jung YunHui? I want to talk to you for a bit.”

She immediately froze again. Great.

Unwillingly she then got up from her seat and followed him out of the room. The gazes and the whispers of her classmates were obvious.

 


 

 

“I’m sorry, that I used the guitar without permission and-“, she began as they entered the music room again, but he cut her off by saying: “You’re good.”

“What?”, confused YunHui blinked at him, “You’re not going to scold me?”

“Why should I?”, he said and shrugged. With a playful grin he sat down on the same desk where he had sat the day before. “I think it’s not right, to forbid someone to live his passion.”

His grin got a bit weaker when he said this. Somehow a sad look was in his eyes. YunHui was too surprised to notice this. “Really? So it’s okay for me to play here?”

“Sure.” JiYong jumped up from his seat and took the guitar. His smile was as bright as always again as he handed it to her. “Play.”

Her eyes began to shine as she looked at the instrument but then shook her head.

“I can’t.”

Sceptically he raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

YunHui blushed and looked down at her hands. “I can’t play in front of other people.” “But yesterday you did.” “Yes, because you’ve eavesdropped on me!”, she exclaimed and turned even brighter as she was his grin.

“Don’t be scared.”, he told her and held the instrument out for her again. “Play. It’s only you and me here.”

Hesitantly she looked up and their eyes met. Eventhough she was still shy and nervous about the thought playing in front of another person, JiYong’s presence somehow made her calm down. With a weak smile on her lips she reached out her hand and took the guitar.