Chapter 4

Someday

Since then YunHui had played almost everday at the auditorium if there had been the possibility. At first it had felt strange and had scared her. Even without an audience her heart had beaten so fast that she had feared it would jumped right out of her chest every moment. Seeing her having so much trouble, in the end JiYong had allowed her to play with her eyes closed. It wasn’t very advantageous but he knew that it would be even worse if he forced her.

“Say, YunHui-yah... what do you imagine when you close your eyes?”, JiYong asked as he watched his student fix a broken string.

Surprised YunHui looked at her teacher. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, you seem to calm down immediately when you close your eyes so I got curious what you’re thinking about.”

She looked back at the string in her hand and continued her work. “I... imagine this classroom.”

It didn’t surprise him to hear that but it didn’t satisfy him. Why would she look so calm thinking about this classroom? There was nothing special about it, wasn’t it?

He got up from his seat and walked around the room for a bit, before stopping in front of the window. Somehow he would have to help her overcome her fear.

As JiYong got from his seat, YunHui stopped in her movements. Gingerly she turned her head around and watched the man standing at the window. It had been some weeks now, since he had started listening her. Everyday they had spent the hours after class together. At first he had made her feel uncomfortable, even made her feel annoyed in some kind of way. But then... with every day that past she had felt more comfortable in his presence. When he was with her, she felt secure.

She turned her head back to the guitar in her hands. Carefully she across the strings. Every time she stood on that stage, every time she played her songs, she saw his face in front of her. Imagined him and her sitting in this room. She played her songs, knowing that he listened.

When she finally had fixed the guitar, she tuned it and played a few chords. JiYong then came back to her and sat down on his chair. Their eyes met and a moment passed in silence.

A smile formed on his lips. “Play...”

YunHui answered with a nod before starting to play. With a smile recognizeable in her eyes she played her song, secretly wishing that these days would never end.

 


[a/n] Merry Christmas, everyone~ (^-^)