Chapter 3

Someday

“Oh come on, YunHui-yah~”, he begged again which made her sigh.

“I told you, I won’t.” With a sulky pout JiYong let himself fall onto a chair and rested his head on his hand. “Why? It’s not that different from playing in here.”

YunHui put her bag onto a table and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Since a week now he had been suggesting to try singing in another room – to be exact: at the auditorium. Everytime with the words: “You’ll have to practice to stand on a stage, if you really want to become a singer!

But YunHui didn’t want to. And she hadn’t even mentioned that she wanted to be a singer. Honestly she didn’t know herself if she wanted to or not. But one thing she knew for sure: She didn’t want to sing on that stage!

“But it’s strange! It took me much courage to even sing here in front of you!”, she defended herself wish made him jump up from his seat and begin to walk around her. “Really? You haven’t even tried it! And besides, there’ll only be the two of us just like here.”

“But...” It was hard for her to put it into words. Standing on a stage, all alone... the imagination scared her.

“Just try it.” His voice was close to her ear and she could feel the warmth of his breath on her neck. A shiver came over her. The colour of her cheeks got redder and the temperature somehow seemed to rise. It must be the hot weather. Yeah, it has to be that... she tried to convince herself and make her calm down.

Just as suddenly how he had been close to her, he was away from her again. “Well, if you won’t play on the stage, I’ll have to invite other people here.”

“What?!”, YunHui asked in shock and didn’t waste a thought on her racing heart anymore.

“Somehow you have to get over your fear. I wanted to start it slow but if you don’t want to...”

“But you exactly know that I can’t play in front of other people!”

“And still you play in front of me.”, he said with a grin, “So... the stage or an audience?”

“You know what? Neither!”, she told him truculently.

Why did he have to always be so persistent? It didn’t matter if she wanted to or not, he would do it anyways. And since he was her homeroom teacher now, it wasn’t even easier for him to .

“Really?” Casually JiYong walked towards the door and opened it. “Hey, listen everybody! You won’t believe if I tell you, that Jung Yun-“ “Stop it!” Paniced she ran to him and put her hand over his mouth to shut him up. “I’ll do it, okay? I’ll do it!” Effortlessly he pulled her hand from his face, revealing an awry smile. Playfully he patted her head. “Good girl.”

Without any more protest he went back into the room and took the guitar.

“Then let’s go!” The typical grin of his was back on his lips again as he implied her to leave the room.

The look on YunHui’s face revealed that she still wasn’t sure if someone might have heard him. Hesitantly she stepped out of the room and watched her teacher walking down the hall in his playful manner. “Oh and YunHui?”, he suddenly said and turned around, “Don’t worry. There isn’t anyone here today. The clubs are on a trip.”