Chapter 1

Someday

“Remember this, it’ll be important for the upcoming exams.”, the teacher said as he pointed at what he had written onto the blackboard.

All the students immediately began to note the words down since they all wanted to get good grades in the exams. Everybody except of one person.

YunHui lazily played with her pen as she looked out of the window. Important...yeah right, she thought, it isn’t as if the teachers tell that about all the stuff they write onto the blackboard.

It wasn’t like she didn’t want to get good grades but she was – to say it bluntly: smarter than the others. There was no need for her to study much and for a girl it was alright to be a bit above the average but not too smart.

The teacher continued his lectures, followed by the scratching of pens on paper and the silent ticking of the clock. YunHuis glance glided across her classmates. Every single one of them had a dream... a hobby... a passion...a talent...

Choi MinHo for example. He was a sporting ace and had already recieved offers from the national soccer team. Or Seo JooHyun. She always had the best grades of the school. She’d definitly get into a good university and later get a good job.

All the things I have in my hands, there is nothing special about them...

As the bell finally announced the end of the lesson and also the end of the schoolday, she gathered her things together and left the classroom. While the other students started to carry out their cleaning duty, went home or to the library, YunHui’s way led into the arts and crafts building. Many students had club activities after regular classes why the school was as lively as during the schoolday. Reaching her destination, YunHui looked around, checking if someone noticed her and then opened the door of the room and sneaked inside. With a smile on her lips she opened the curtains to let the light in. She sighed satisfied.

The room she was in was an old classroom for music classes. It wasn’t used anymore since the music rooms had been moved into another wing of the building. Now it had become kind of a boxroom with not used instruments and also art materials.

“Nothing but one thing...”, she mumbled to herself and grabbed the guitar which was placed on a stand. Her fingers glided across the strings, creating silent sounds.

With the instrument in her hands she sat down with her face turned to the window.

Then the sound of the guitar began to fill the silent room, accompanied by the girl’s voice.

She let all her feelings into the song, expressing through the music what she couldn’t verbalize. It made her feel calm and free. Without boundaries, without duties...

As the song ended it slowly subsided.

Relaxed she closed her eyes as suddenly someone began to applaud.

YunHui jumped on her feet and turned around in shock. “You’re pretty good.” On one table sat a guy with blonde hair, leaning back casually and smiling at her. The tattoos on his arms clearly showing since the sleaves of his shirt had been rolled up. She gulped. About three meters from her sat Kwon JiYong. The probably most scandalous teacher in the history of korean schools. His hair colour changed permanently, he wore pircings in school and didn’t try to hide his tattoos – it was a mystery to YunHui how someone like him had become a teacher. But he was popular. Mostly with girls, to what his rebellious image definitly contributed. She had to admit, he was handsome.

But that wasn’t the point right now. He had heard her. Had listened to her singing!

As she realized the situation her cheeks blushed. In an unbelievable speed she had grabbed her bag, had put the guitar back on it’s place and had rushed out of the room, leaving JiYong behind. The man was a bit surprised and confused at first but then chuckled amused. “A bit shy, eh?”