8 - Family Reunion

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

A/N: I hope you guys know this by now >.< Korean spoken in RED

---

My mouth dropped at the site of DaeRyoDo. From the outside, it isn’t too much. It just looks like a huge restaurant. The inside is where the magic occurs.

We’re here, Ms. Kim” the chauffeur announced. He was about to get out of the car to open the door for me but I hugged him from behind, thanking him before I got out of the car myself.

I looked back to wave to him, and he waved back. He was such a nice person.

I walked into the restaurant, looking at the surroundings with awe. It’s always been my favorite restaurant. The food there always tasted fresh and it was different from other similar restaurants. One thing that always bothered me was the price. It was super expensive eating here, but of course, my grandparents love eating here with me so this became one of my favorite places to eat with family.

Wearing a black, spaghetti strapped dress, that went down to my lower thighs, along with a white fur coat. It was freezing cold outside. Luckily, you had your scarf and your matching gloves to help keep warm.

The waitress smiled as I entered into the restaurant, stating that they have been expecting me. I smiled back and bowed slightly as they lead me to a private dining room.

When the door opened, I’m greeted by a bajillion eyes looking towards my direction.

 

“Eun Suh Noona!” was the first voice I hear from my cousin, MinJae, who was not too much younger than me. He was also the first one to give me a hug as he ran up to me.

After him, all my relatives got up to give me hugs as I walked over to my grandma and grandpa and practically jumped to give them hugs. I was so happy to see them.

 

How have you been? We missed you so much. It’s great to see you again” my grandma greeted as she gave me a tight hug.

Aigoo, our EunSuh. All grown up. Look at you!” my grandpa greeted as he practically strangled me

It’s good to see you too, halabuji and halmonii.” I smiled sweetly and after getting reacquainted, I took my seat next to my two cousins that were present.

My uncle, who had given me a week at the hotel, asked where I was staying. I gave him the name of the place, and he laughed happily, stating that it was a good choice. Apparently, the place was known for its kind landlady.

 

The food came out and my eyes sparkled.

“Dude, look at her eyes when she looks at the food” I heard MinJae whisper to his older brother, Min-ho. Minho laughed as he took notice.

“YAH! OPPA! Jookulae?” I exclaimed as I picked up my chopsticks.

They both laughed as I glared and pouted at them. Nevertheless, I feasted. I haven’t seen so much food in such a long time.

“I honestly don’t get where you put it. How is it that you eat so much and yet you never get fat” MinJae teased.

“Shut up! I was starving before I came here~” I whined as I took a huge slurp of noodles.

“Anyways, how are your studies to being an MC, Minho-oppa” I asked as I took a bite out of the piece of meat in front of me.

He laughed at my ravaging like a hungry wolf. “It’s going good. How was America, Ms. I’m-so-smart-I-graduated-college-at-age-19?” He asked in English.

I nudged at him. He knew I didn’t like it when people mentioned that. It was something I silently took pride for, but did not want it mentioned.

“It was amazing.” I wiped my mouth with a nearby napkin and smiled.

Noona! Are you still planning to pursue law?” Minjae asked, in Korean at that which attracted a lot of attention.

 

Great, thanks Minjae...

 

Everyone looked towards my way, interested in my plans for the future. I honestly did not like all that attention. It always pressured me. “Yes, I plan to pursue law. I should, right?” I laughed and everyone complimented my choice of career.

 

Coming from a family where one uncle worked as a prosecutor under the top law firm in Korea and another uncle known as one of the most famous doctors in Korea, and on top of that, a grandfather who was once president back when we were kids, it was kind of hard to avoid pursuing anything lower than that. Not that I was really interested in anything else, all except the interest in music.

 

I shook my head as I started another conversation with my cousins while the adults conversed amongst themselves. We normally spoke English to separate our conversation from the adults…and to have SOME privacy to prevent some eavesdropping from adults. However, nonetheless, they all knew some degree of English.

“So, any girlfriends?” I asked both of them.

Both of them shook their heads.

“What? Oppa, how could you not have a girlfriend with your charming looks!?” I joked. Well, he was good looking but I always loved to .

“They don’t interest me—I’m not GAY!” he immediately followed when I was about to interrupt him.

MinJae and I cracked up at his follow up.

It was fun meeting and reuniting with family, and with my two favorite cousins. They always looked out for me and supported me. We all had good laughs.

Dinner proceeded well. After everyone was done catching up, and the food was nearly eaten, mostly by me, they all went into their respective cars. Everyone hugged me goodbye and wished me all the luck.

The chaffuer waited for me outside the car, but I waved my hand, requesting that he goes without me. He questioned my actions at first, but I told him I wanted to walk home. He gave me a look of concern but I reassured him that I would be alright, that I’ll call him if anything comes up, and he gave in and slowly drove off.

 

It was freezing as I was walking. Even with my fur coat, scarf, and gloves, my feet were freezing.

Maybe I was stupid to send him off on such a cold night

I started cursing myself for being so stupid as I shook my head and looked down while walking, rubbing my hands together in a failed attempt to keep them warm.

Stupid Maureen. Who in the world walks at this cold of a weather anyways? Ugh, me so stupid...bleh@#$%#@ --

“You know, it’s not safe for a lady to walk alone at this time of the night…” a voice spoke out, interrupting the streak of scolding to myself

My eyes widen as I look up to see Seunghyun.

“What the…what are you doing here?” I asked, shivering.

“Get in first, before you freeze your toes off.” He offered as he unlocked his car door.

“No." I paused a little. "What if you kidnap me?” I pouted.

He seemed taken back when I said "No." However, when I stated the latter, a sheepish smile formed on his face. “There’s nothing to kidnap..” He smirked as he winked.

Freaking A...LOL...this guy...I will rip his precious hair out...

I gave him a murderous glare. His smirk immediately wiped off,  “I’m JOKING! I’m serious though, get in. It’s freezing outside.” 

 

---

Ah! This one was not that great. Sorry. Needed to include a family reunion but at least she met with Seunghyun in the end (;

 

Thank you to those that subscribed throughout the week :D made me really happy.

Okie, well I'll try to upload the next chapter soon...

 

Meanwhile, please leave some comments. I would greatly appreciate it. Please and thank youuu!