28 - Planning D-Day

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

The room was silent as only the clattering of chopsticks, spoons, and bowls were heard while we all ate dinner at my grandparent's house. Since the news got out about my return to Korea, we now had to plan a day to publicize the heiress of Shinhae. However, I just couldn't think straight as I wwas trying to juggle two different things: my love life and my inheritance. Being the heiress of Shinhae wasn't forced upon me, for I always had the choice of backing out of it, but I just always hated the ostracizing due to me "being too high of status".  

 

A pair of chopsticks finally hit the table, indicating that someone was done. My prosecuter uncle finally spoke, "You know, EunSuh, I know it's nerve racking and it's hard on you but Seoul is actually anticipating you."

 

I knew this, and that's what made made me feel more reckless. 

 

"So...when is the date?" I asked cautiously as I had just finished my meal and put the chopsticks on the table. 

 

My uncles exchanged looks, as if they had sent some telepathic message to one another before one of them replied, "Honey, you know how Shinhae Medical Center serves the community of elderly and children by providing free flu shots and check ups at the end of this month?"

I nodded as I knew that very well. I have participated in those events but no one recognized me as the heiress just yet. It would be a surprise to everyone to know that I had been treating them.

 

Hopefully I don't give any elderly a heart attack. 

 

The side thought made me laugh a little on the inside to lighten the tense atmosphere that I was in right now. Not that I was hoping to give an elderly a heart attack but it's just funny how I was able to joke about it in this situation when I am risking Seunghyun.

We just started dating and it would be so sad to just end it because he's just like them. 

 

I let out a sigh before my uncle continued, "We were hoping you could make your appearance. The announcement will be maThe idea of Seunghyun ostracizing me just like everyone else had in the past caused a sharp contraction in my chest. 

"Will it go big?" I asked, even though I knew it was a stupid question and I knew it would go all over the media.

"Well, you are one of the biggest contributions in Korea, so it'll be on the news..."  My uncle responded.

 

I accepted the circumstances as I thanked my grandma for the meal and excused myself from the table. 

So many insecure thoughts boggled my mind.

 

If he really likes me...he'll-- oh who am I kidding.

I'm probably going to go through an arranged marriage later if anything.

Maybe...if I tell him, things will work out?

Or he will remain lifeless for a moment and then leave the date and never contact you again...

 

I plopped into the bed in the room my grandma had prepared for me. It was a rather simple room with some star decorations, a small desk in the corner, a wardrobe, and the bed, itself. I looked up at the star decorations up in the ceiling, trying to think of a solution or even just to buy more time.

 

Maybe...it could work out...


 

I finally updated. Sorry for the long wait.

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think? Thanks!