19 - Talk, Play, Love

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

~Jonghun’s POV~

 

It was another day after practice. The band decided to finish here for the night and started packing. Everyone was tired, but of course, Eunsuh was there to keep everyone’s mood up.

When I looked over, she was laughing at Minhwan’s aegyo as he whined about not being able to eat chicken for a week. Then suddenly, Jaejin approached from behind and covered her eyes for brief moments, before she uncovered them and looked at him, before she started laughing.

She walked over to Seunghyun and uttered some words that I couldn’t hear, before he let out a soft laugh and walked over to where Minhwan and Jaejin were packing up.

 

Hongki put a hand on my shoulder, which brought me back to reality. “Yah, you’ve been staring at her since practice was over. What’s wrong with you?”

I just laughed as I packed my guitar. “Childhood crush.” I winked at Hongki and he just smiled before he lightly socked my arm.

However, he just had to point it out, “I hope you know that there’s someone else that likes her too.” He nodded towards the scene where Seunghyun and EunSuh were playing the falling over game, where you would plant your feet to the ground, hold out your hands, and try to knock the other person over without losing balance or getting knocked out first.  

 

“Go on without me. I’m gonna take her home since it’s pretty late.” I told Hongki and Hongki smirked before he walked over to the group.

“Hey guys, let’s load it up and go. I’m tired.” He announced to the group and they all started to disassemble, saying bye to Eunsuh before they grabbed their things and headed out.

 

I zipped up my guitar case when I saw her feet, causing me to look up at her. She held out her hand to help me up, so I took it and pulled myself up.

“You didn’t eat yet, right?” I asked as I slung the guitar over my shoulders.

“No, well, did you ever see me leave the building?” She responded laughing.

“Let me take you out to dinner.” I requested when she looked at me strangely.

She came up real close to me before she pointed her index finger and poked my chest, responding, “Alright, I. will. let. you. take me out.” She poked me after each syllable.

I smiled. It was cold outside so I slung my jacket over her shoulders and wrapped my arm around as we headed out.

 

She rambled about a past case of accuse and how it relates to the current case that she was working on while I caught sight of Seunghyun trying to hide his presence as we stepped out of the building. He seemed a bit surprised and he remained unseen to Eunsuh, who was oblivious to her surroundings other than my arm around her.

Seunghyun’s and my eyes met, and I smiled as I mentally smirked, pulling her closer to me, in which she just obliged while she continued talking.

 

She let out a deep breath, indicating that she was finished ranting or rambling, so I took advantage of this situation with Seunghyun at hearing distance.

“Hey, so what time did you want to go back?” I asked as we continued to walk slowly.

Her clueless state did come to an advantage as she replied, “Home? I mean, after dinner, right? Did you want to do something after dinner?”

This was a bit too tempting to answer, thus I responded, “Could I stay over? It’s going to be pretty late.”

“AHA oppa, don’t you have a concert coming up? Shouldn’t you be somewhere…elsewhere and not wandering around with a girl??” she winked, before she followed up, “if it’s really that late, then yeah sure.”

 

~Seunghyun’s POV~

I forgot to drop off some sheet music at the studio, so I walked back when I saw Jonghun and Eunsuh, with his arm around her shoulders, holding her close to him.

Not wanting to be seen, I stepped back, behind the wall that was next to me and put my back against it. I felt my head fall back to the wall as they turned to face their back towards me and walked away.  However, my eyes met with Jonghun’s while Eunsuh was ranting about some situation that I can’t understand.

He pulled her closer, which she didn’t seem to mind at all.

 

So they are still together…I was just stupid to believe that I even had a chance…

 

Suddenly, I overheard their conversation as Jonghun asked she wanted to be back at a certain time and she basically replied that it doesn’t really matter. This caught my interest as I tried to eavesdrop. Then I heard him ask if he could stay over, and she may have joked around but she did say it was okay... after that I refused to listen in as I quietly took my leave back to the van.

 

~EunSuh’s POV~

 

While we were eating shabu shabu, or rather waiting for it to cook, Jonghun suddenly became serious as he asked, “so do you really plan to go through with this?”

It took me a split second to realize what he was talking about. My life. Or my secrecy in Korea. I hesitated before I answered, “I plan to go through with it for a little bit longer…the only people I know other than my family and you are the resident doctors, nurses, and lawyers.” I paused for a little bit before I continued, “I guess it’s weird how I’m the one to lead Shinhae while my cousins, who are directly under my uncles, aren’t, but they have different interests.”

“What about you?” He asked as he started to eat.

“What about me?” I asked back as I took the meat of the broth.

“Are you even happy?” He looked at me with concern.

I stuffed the meat and a couple wraps of lettuce into my mouth and allowed it down my throat. I knew where he was going with this but honestly, what am I suppose to say? I chose my career. I may not have chosen this life but I did choose my career so yes, I was happy.

 

“You know, I came back to Korea not really thinking that I would bump into you guys. I mean, other than the wish I made seven years ago, who would ever expect to meet FT Island.” I tried to change the subject.

He caught that I was trying to change subject and went along with it, “Haha, I guess life isn’t always in your control, but cheer up. At least you got to meet us, right?”

I slightly scoffed and he replied, “Jeez, you’re such a downer. You know, any girl would BEG to switch positions with you, so that they could eat with the amazing Choi Jonghun? You are so ungrateful~” he whined towards the end, showing a little bit of aegyo as he was acting hurt.

This made me laugh as I lightly smacked his arm, before he grabbed another piece of meat and fed me.

 

Overall, it was a great day and a good dinner with Jonghun.

 

~At FT Island dorm~ No one’s POV~

 

Seunghyun had stayed quiet throughout the whole entire ride back, which made things a little awkward on the band members. When they had gotten home, Seunghyun hurried into his room with his door shut.

Minhwan and Jaejin settled in as well, but noticed a different, awkward vibe.

 

“Hyung, do you think something happened between Eun Suh and Seunghyun when he went back to drop off his sheet musics?” Minhwan asked Jaejin, who was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels.

“I wasn’t the only one, right? I swear, after he came back, things just got really awkward. What do you think happened?” Jaejin replied.

“Well, Jonghun hyung didn’t come out yet…or I’m guessing he was going to take her home…do you think Seunghyun may have—“ Minhwan stopped mid-sentence

“You don’t think…” Jaejin continued but also did not complete his sentence.

 

Worried and concerned, they walked over to Seunghyun’s room, and at first listened in to see if there was any sound. When they didn’t hear anything, Minhwan knocked, and the door slowly creaked open, which meant that it wasn’t closed all the way from the start.

“Seunghyun-ah” Minhwan whispered, with no reply back. “Are you okay?” He asked, but still no reply. They slowly entered the room to see Seunghyun with headphones and music blaring out.

Jaejin approached him and took the headphones off as Seunghyun just seemed lifeless but eventually snapped out of it and looked at the two.

“Hey…” Jaejin started, “Um, you feeling okay? Do you want to talk about it? You seemed really bothered after you came back from dropping off you’re sheet music.”

Seunghyun looked away, not uttering a single word.

 

“Is it Eunsuh?” Minhwan blurted, which made Jaejin glare at his sudden outburst.

“YAH! You don’t just blurt out those kinds of things” Jaejin scolded but at that moment, Seunghyun stirred as he dug his face into his hands.

“I don’t know what I’m feeling anymore…” Seunghyun finally uttered. “It’s like…so much pain…”

 

As Jaejin was trying to make him continue talking, Minhwan ran across the apartment to get Hongki, who came in to see Seunghyun in his distraught state.

Hongki had already gotten the idea, as he knew what Seunghyun saw, for he talked to Jonghun before leaving the place. However, he did not expect the maknae to be in such a depressing state.

“Yah, do you like her?” he directed at Seunghyun.

Again, Seunghyun looked away as a tear escaped his eyes. He bit his lips to hold back the rest of the tears.

Hongki bent down and put his hands on either side of Seunghyun’s shoulders, forcing the kid to look at him.

“I’ll ask again. Do you like her?” Hongki asked in a firmer voice. Jaejin and Minhwan were around, with concerning vibes.

 

“I don’t think I just like her…” Seunghyun finally spoke, although it was almost as silent as a whisper.

 

“I…I love her…”

 


He finally admitted it :D Now, he just needs to get it through to her. >.<

YAY! okie, hope you liked it. Please comment and subscribe! Please please please please leave me comments. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are even reading and enjoying this. Makes me wonder if all these subscriptions are my imagination x_x so pleaseeeeeee leave me comments :)

Okie, comment and subscribe! THANKYOU :D

OH! AND I GOT A POSTER :D RAWR! I'm so happy XD