30 - This is it..

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

My phone vibrated to indicate the arrival of a text. 

 

So...have you told him, yet?

 

This issue has been on my mind as the days approached closer to the date. Well, now, I really had no time for tomorrow is the big day. I never had the chance to tell him.Scratch that..I had so many chances to tell him..

 

I just couldn't bring myself to tell him...

 

I responded to Jonghun's text.

 

No...

 

Immediately after, another text followed,

 

It's all over the news...and it's tomorrow..

 

Even under the pressure of going out in front of Seoul and announcing myself out as Shinhae's heiress and worrying about what my own boyfriend would think of me, I was glad that I was still able to joke around.

 

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

 

I was able to picture Jonghun smiling at the text but afterwards, the issue rebounded and still remainded.

 

He's got to know eventually...

It's just too sudden...

 

AT FT ISLAND DORM:

 

Hongki sat on the couch as he lazily flipped through the channels. Almost every news channel flooded with the announcement of Shinhae's heiress. 

"This is going to be huge..." Jaejin remarked while the ongoing news channel was left alone.

"Isn't she around the same age as us?" Hongki asked with his chin laying lazily in his open palm while his elbow was propped up on the arm of the couch.

"Do you think she's cute?" Minhwan also added in while taking a bite out of a chicken leg he was holding.

"Bets on whether she's cute or not!" Hongki called out. "Losing team buys dinner tomorrow!"

"Hyung, I hope you still realize that we are a group of 5...there's no way we could split the vote evenly." Seunghyun mentioned.

"I'm out. You guys can buy me dinner either way." Jonghun called out.

"What??? No! That's not fairr" Minhwan whined.

"Okay fine, I choose cute." Jonghun declared, but it was already unfair for the rest of the members. However, since they insisted, he could not really say anything.

"I want to say she's not cute." Hongki commented as the members looked at him curiously.

"Cute" Minhwan declared.

"Not cute?" Jaejin hesitantly answered.

Seunghyun was put at the midpoint of the decision. He bit his lips for a brief second before he announced, "I want to say she's not cute."

It was a done deal as the members shook on it. Afterwards, each member began filing back into their respective rooms but Jonghun stopped Seunghyun as he called Seunghyun over to the table. 

Unaware of the whole story behind EunSuh, Seunghyun walked over to Jonghun before he faced the question, "Hey Seunghyun, do you know what EunSuh does?" 

In all honesty, Seunghyun was never sure of what she did. She would always try to avoid the topic so the most he knew was that she worked at some kind of law firm as a secretary. Jonghun saw the semi-clueless expression on Seunghyun and let out a sigh. "We live in a really small world. Sometimes, the people you think you know, and the people you are closest to, are something much bigger than you will ever imagine. Just be ready for it..."

Seunghyun's semi-clueless expression transitioned to a completely clueless expression. Jonghun only smiled at his reaction before he got up and patted on Seunghyun's shoulder. Seunghyun playfully shrugged it off. However, Jonghun's statement suddenly bugged him.

 

What was that about?

 

NEXT DAY:

The project site was enormous with a myriad of balloon decorations, carnival games for kids, and there was just so many people. I gave out flu shots to mostly the kids but also some of the elders. Meanwhile, the children were so cute as they would flinch and look away, all in which I would make it quick and before they even knew it, it was already over.

I tried to bury my mind with other thoughts, just hoping that today out of all days, he wouldn't watch TV. But, that would just be my silly, wishful thinking. 

As my uncles were trying to get everyone's attention, I was along the side, out of everyone's views, trembling on the inside. Childhood memories played back in my head where the children ostracized me. How they wouldn't let me join their games or into their own conversations.

"Noona!" Minjae called out as he shook me from behind, alerting me back into reality. 

"Minjae...w-w-what are you doing here?" I asked, somewhat shocked as I was not expecting him. 

He seemed somewhat offended that I didn't expect my "favorite" cousin to show up. "How could you forget about me? Meanwhile, you're out with Jonghun hyung doing whatever you're doing! PLUS, you won't let him hook me up with Hara! You're SO mean!" He expressed melodramatically, which eased some of that tension I had.

"Aigooo! Mianhe (I'm sorry). Goodness, stop whining." I teased while I listened to my uncles talk in front of the city of Seoul, waiting for my cue

Minjae noticed my anxiety that only raised by the second as my cue was coming up. "Noona. Fighting!"

 

"...Please everyone, let's welcome not only just the Heiress of Shinhae but our most-loving family member, Kim Eunsuh." 

 

With that, I stepped out into the open, which was then followed by a series of applause, flashes of camera, and news reporters fighting with the guards to get an interview out of me.

 

I lowered my head and bowed before I got up and waved in all directions. While scanning the audience, I met eyes with a very familiar figure standing from afar. I felt my heart become heavy as I unknowingly stopped waving and my smile slowly faded off of my face. 

 

From a distance away stood Seunghyun. I stepped off the stage, in which turned out to be a bad idea because people started rushing over to where I was standing. The guards were on it right away to keep the paparazzi from attacking me but that didn't allow me to advance forward towards him. I couldn't help but watch his figure recede away as he took one shocking look at me, turned his back and walked away...

 


Okie, I finally updated. I am REALLY sorry this one isn't that great. BUT thank you for the new readers!! I really appreciate you guys subscribing to my story and reading this! It gave me the motivation to continue, but this chapter was just really hard to write >.< Anyways, THANK YOU!