1 - Home Sweet Home?

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

Korean spoken in RED

---

Upon getting off the plane, I gathered my backpack and hand bag, and tried to find the bus to the hotel I was staying at. My uncle already notified me that my baggages will be sent there directly from the airport, thus I do not have to worry about that. He offered me a ride as well with his chaffeur but I preferred to get there on my own. 

However, I did not realize that I had a language barrier. After not speaking enough Korean throughout the six-seven years I was not in Korea, my Korean was not in as much shape as they used to be. I tried to ask a random passerby for which bus route to take. The man recognized that I was not from Korea, merely snickered, and walked off. Rude much? All in all, in the end, I managed to get on the right bus, after asking some bus drivers whether this bus took me to Gangnam district of Seoul.

I gulped at the sight of the hotel. It was a complete, luxury hotel. Marble floorings, countless number of fountains each showing some great art value at every corner, massive paintings by all the famous artists around the world. The employees opened doors for you, made sure your check in was exceptional as they gave me my keys to my room.

I finally entered my room to find all my luggages there. The room was basically big enough for two people. The queen size bed was alongside the wall on the right side with the window view of Seoul. There was a couch with a coffee table in the middle and a plasma TV hangging on the wall in front of the couch and bed. Along the left side of the room, there was a small dining table and kitchenette that had a counter, stove, refridgerator, and microwave. Everything was perfect. Everything except...

My phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID and picked up. It was my uncle.

 

yobusaeyo?” I answered.

Hey, have you gotten there okay? Didn’t get lost? I hope you like your room” my uncle said over the phone.

 

Yes, thank you so much. I will definitely try to find an apartment starting tomorrow. It’s just a little late and everyone is probably closing up by now..” I mumbled towards the end.

 

No rush. Take your time. Have fun while you’re at it. We all support you and your parents would be proud.” He would have given me a pat on the back if this wasn’t over the phone.

 

Alright, I’ll give you my progress tomorrow. Good night. Thank you, once again.” He hung up and I just jumped in bed. 

I plop myself into bed as I look up at the white ceiling. While gazing off into nothingness, I see that man who snickered at me and walked away due to my inability to speak to him clearly. That was so embarrassing to have that reality check. I sighed as I turned to one side. I guess I got so used to American life, where people would compliment that my Korean was still excellent that I had still thought that it was pretty decent. Apparently, it's not exactly in its top shape.

I turned to the other side. I grasped the puzzle piece cell phone strap attached to my phone, and held it in my hands. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day...

 

 

-----------------------

Okay, here is the first chapter. I apologize for the slowness. I just want to set the story straight before going into details. Possible FT island member coming up in the next chapter! Please let me know what you think! >.< THank you!