Chapter Nine: Another Journey.

Shanghai, I'm In Love

 

BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER!

Uh...sorry for interrupting...but I wanna promote my new chaptered fic here...It's Kris/Lay with some Suho/D.O and stuffs. I wanted to make a crack fic so yeah...

Here is the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/349485

Thank you~

 


 

 

chapter nine:

another journey.

 

 

“Morning, Lay.” Kris yawned, poking where Lay’s dimpled cheek was. No, it was just the framed photo of them beside Kris’ bed, not the real Lay.

Kris was trying to get up from his bed when suddenly he was hit by a sudden dizziness.

“What the…?” Kris panted on his bed. He touched his forehead and groaned disappointedly when he noticed he had a fever.

He hated to be sick because it probably meant that he couldn’t see Lay today.

“But…I want to see him.” Kris whispered, forcing his body to move up.

Panting heavily, he supported his body on the wall to head into the bathroom.

 

 

“You look pale…” Lay stated anxiously.

“What are you talking about?” Kris chuckled forcedly.

“You’re sick, aren’t you?” Lay asked, touching Kris’ forehead with his hand, “God, you’re burnt!”

“I’m okay.” Kris moved away from Lay’s hand.

“No, you’re not!” Lay got up from his chair and pushed Kris down on his bed, “Wait here! I’ll take thermometer!”

It wasn’t a long time until Lay came back hurriedly and shoved the iron tip of the thermometer into Kris’ mouth.

“39.5 degree Celsius?!” Lay yelped, “Kris! You’re so sick! Why didn’t you rest in your flat?!”

“I have a work to do…” Kris panted helplessly against Lay’s pillow, which smelled sweet, just like Lay’s fragrance.

“A work to do?!” Lay whispered disbelievingly, “If it’s involved you taking my pictures, then you’re really a fool!”

Kris didn’t answer. He had trouble breathing. It was like the air around him was so heavy until the oxygen hardly entered his lungs.

Lay sighed when he saw Kris’ eyes closed heavily. He hurriedly put off the slipper Kris’ was wearing and covered Kris’ burning body with the thick blanket.

“I’m sorry…” Lay whispered, pulling the camera off from Kris’ neck before putting it on the table carefully.

Kris’ eyes cracked open half lidded, “What are you sorry for?”

“I-I…it’s because you gave me your jacket when we were doing the trip, right…?” Lay sighed, “I’m sorry for making you sick.”

Kris chucked silently. He just couldn’t believe there was a kind-hearted man like Lay existed in his world. He slowly pulled out his hand from the blanket to squeeze Lay’s hand gently.

“Kris…” Lay’s breathe hitched when he felt Kris’ hot hand squeezing his to assure him.

“I don’t regret anything, Lay. I enjoyed it. So, don’t be sorry, okay?” Kris whispered.

Lay nodded half heartedly, “Have you eaten your breakfast?”

“I don’t usually get breakfast. A cup of coffee is enough for me.”

“But, now you have to, because I’m going to get you a medicine.” Lay announced, getting up from the bed, “You can sleep for a while. I’ll make something for you now.”

“Lay, I’m o-”

“You’re not okay. Just do it, okay?”

Kris sighed before nodding his head. Lay gave him a guilty smile before heading toward his kitchen.

Porridge, Lay thought, with vegetables and eggs. Maybe, with two spoons of butter will make it perfect. Carefully, Lay did all ingredients into one pot.

When he was going back to his room, he saw Kris sleeping, breathing heavily. Lay didn’t have a heart to wake the blonde guy up because Kris looked so pained. But, he had to do it. Kris had to drink so much water and eat his meal. So, after putting a tray contained a bowl of porridge, a mug of honey milk, a patch of medicine and a glass of mineral water, Lay shook Kris’ shoulder carefully.

“Kris, wake up.” Lay said.

Kris heaved a sigh and opened his eyes, “Yes?”

“Come on. You have to sit up and eat your meal.”

“My head is spinning.” Kris breathed after leaning back onto the bedpost.

“I’ll feed you, okay? And after you have your medicine, you can go back sleep.”

“I’m troubling you, right?” Kris chuckled forcedly, “I’ll go home after eating.”

“And get yourself injured somewhere?!” Lay gasped, “No! You barely can stand straight! Just rest here until you recover!”

“I’m sorry.” Kris sighed.

“Don’t be. This is my fault too.” Lay smiled. He took the bowl and blew the hot porridge before sticking the full spoon on Kris’ lips, “Come on. Open your mouth.”

Kris obeyed and opened his mouth. Kris let the porridge on his tongue for a little while, savoring the taste, before swallowing it slowly.

“It’s delicious.” He smiled.

“It’s good to know.” Lay smiled back, “Let’s finish this.”

When it was all done and Kris had gotten his medicine, Lay helped him to lay back down on his bed, covering the blonde man with thick blanket again.

“Sleep tight.” Lay smiled before Kris closing his eyes.

Lay sighed contently after finishing his work. He put a warm cloth on Kris forehead and got back to his notebook.

The first hour, Kris was sleeping troublingly. It looked like he was having a bad dream. So, Lay had to leave his newest chapter of his novel to calm Kris. He soothed the sick man by drawing a circle pattern on his board back and sang a faint lullaby he knew.

After several minutes, Kris would sleep soundly again with a sigh. Lay smiled to see Kris’ peaceful face. Lay was relieved since Kris now had been sleeping peacefully. It was probably because the medicine had been working in Kris’ body. And Kris’ temperature had been decreasing.

Lay got back from the floor beside his bed to his table and continued his chapter again.

 

 

Kris was awoken by a chirping sound from outside the window. He slowly opened his eyes and let his eyes feeling the brightness of the sunlight. Kris was healthy and fresher now. He carefully pulled himself up and he felt something fall down, passing his face. He took the cloth and observed it.

“Did Lay put this on my forehead when I was sleeping?” Kris mumbled. He put the already dry cloth on the water bowl beside the bed and found a smaller figure than him sleeping on the table with his notebook on. Kris’ lips curled up into a small smile. He had never seen Lay sleeping, but he surely loved to see, because, in his eyes, sleeping Lay was beautiful, it wasn’t like Lay not beautiful every day. The long eyelashes were touching the pale cheeks. It made Kris want to hug Lay and bring Lay into his arms so nobody could touch him or even harm him.

What am I?, Kris chuckled inside his heart, A possessive bastard?

He carefully got up from the bed and approached the sleeping novelist. He knelt down to see Lay’s face from a better angle. Certainly, he took his camera and took Lay’s picture. He knew he would frame that new photo along with the photo he had taken when the first time they met and the photo of them together on the table beside his bed later.

Carefully, he carried Lay and laid him on the bed. Lay once stirred and frowned because of the movement. And Kris stiffed, but he was glad that Lay was back to sleep. He didn’t want to wake up the tired looking man. He covered Lay with the warm blanket and smiled.

“You don’t know how cute you are when you’re sleeping.” Kris whispered, chuckling, to himself. He removed the bangs from Lay’s forehead and kissed it, “Sleep tight, Lay.”

 

 

Lay woke up from his slumber and stretched his arms up, yawning loudly. Then, the fact hit him.

“Why am I in my bed?!” Lay rushed himself to get up and eyed his bed like it was dancing in front of him. He remembered that it had to be Kris on his bed but he didn’t find the blonde man around him.

“Kris!” He called, but he got no answer. He ran into his kitchen and saw some foods on his dining table along with a paper under the glass of milk.

Sorry for leaving you before you wake up, but I have something to do. By the way, thanks for taking care of me yesterday. I don’t know how to repay it but I think breakfast will be nice so I made you one. But if it’s not good, I’m sorry. See you, Lay.

-KRIS

After reading the letter he hurriedly changed his clothes, finished his breakfast and went to Kris’ apartment.

He knocked the wooden door softly and the familiar man opened it to him.

“Oh, Lay? What’s up?” Kris smiled, letting him to come into the spacey flat.

“Hey, Kris. Hmm, thanks for the breakfast.” Lay said.

“Is it what you wanted to say until you came here?” Kris chuckled, “It’s nothing.”

“No…” Lay blushed, “I just want to take a walk. And don’t you get bored to take my picture in my flat every time?”

“Ah, I forgot to mention it in the letter. I can’t go to your place this week.”

Lay didn’t like the fact he would separate with Kris for a ing week.

“Why?” Lay asked, looking up to face the taller man.

“Hmm…” Kris hummed, “I have to go somewhere.”

“Eh? Where?”

“Somewhere.” Kris answered with weaker tone.

“Can I come?” Lay asked without thinking, then because there was a silence from Kris, he hurriedly added, “If you mind then it’s okay! I don’t force you. I know you want to have sometime for you alone since you have been around me all these times. I know you’re bored and-”

“Of course.”

“Huh?”

Kris chuckled softly, “I said it’s okay. But, it’s going to take a whole week, Lay. Is it okay? How about the deadline?”

Lay approached the calendar and checked the date.

Damn, his deadline was coming in about a month and he barely finished a half of his novel. But, he didn’t want to be left by Kris for such a long week. He wasn’t used to it. He used to feel Kris’ presence everyday around him.

“I’ll bring along my notebook.” Lay said, “If you don’t mind…”

“I don’t. Oh, and I’ll book your ticket then.” Kris announced, logging into his notebook.

“Ticket?” Lay’s eyebrows shot upward, “Why ticket? Where are we going by the way?”

“Canada.” Kris answered shortly.

“Canada?!” Lay nearly choked his own saliva to hear that. He didn’t see it was coming. He thought they were going somewhere around China like the last time.

“Yeah.” Kris spun his chair and chuckled to see Lay’s shocked face, “I haven’t booked the ticket yet if you want to cancel.”

Lay sat on the couch, asking his curiosity, “Why do you have to go there? You’ve just recovered. I don’t want you to get sick again.”

Kris suddenly changed his face into the longing one and smiled sadly, “This Wednesday is the second year of my father death anniversary. I want to visit his grave.”

Oh, that’s why…

“Ah…” Lay nodded, “I shouldn’t bother you then…”

“No, Lay, it’ll be nice to have you come with me since I always go there alone.” Kris smiled, “And else I want you to meet my mother too.”

“Your mother?” Lay asked. His heart suddenly beat faster.

“Yeah, I want my friend to see my mother.” Kris nodded.

Friend…It’s a nice word, Lay thought, But, why do I feel disappointed?

“Fine.” Lay managed to smile, “I’ll pack my belongings. When is it?”

Kris checked the date on his notebook before answering, “We’re going tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?!” Lay choked.

“Do you need help to pack belongings, Lay?”

Lay bit his lower lip hesitantly. He didn’t like the idea Kris would see his belongings especially his underwears and other sensitive stuffs. But, he didn’t see another choice in that. As a forgetful person he was, he wouldn’t make it if he did the pack alone. If he resisted doing it, he would end up messing the journey with forgotten stuffs.

He remembered when he had a trip to Korea and ended up spending so much money to buy the jacket that he hadn’t brought and the necessities.

“Lay? You’re spacing out.” Kris chuckled, “You should nod if you say yes, or shake your head if you say no.”

Lay sighed. It was better to Kris see his underwear other than to spend much money to buy them in Canada.

“Okay, please help me pack up.”