Epilogue: Together, Fighting Against The World.

Shanghai, I'm In Love

 

epilogue:

together, fighting against the world.

 

 

It had been a month since Tao and Xiumin left Shanghai.

“Let’s get back to Shanghai.” Xiumin suggested when they were cuddling in the cold night under Xiumin’s blanket.

Tao stopped Xiumin’s hair and lifted the chubby guy’s chin with his finger, “What did you say?”

“Let’s get back to Shanghai, Tao.” Xiumin whispered, leaning closer so their breaths were felt, “We can’t run away forever. It’s your life you left there.”

“I’m afraid, Xiumin…” Tao said, “I’m afraid. What if they don’t accept us? What if they hurt you? I don’t want it to happen.”

“Tao.” Xiumin gave the younger a simple kiss and smiled, “They can’t hurt me because I’m with you.”

“I’m afraid I can’t protect you.”

We will protect each other.”

Seeing the certainty in Xiumin’s eyes, Tao sighed, “If it’s your decision.”

 

 

Many shutters were clicking in front of them. Xiumin let out a shaky breath, he was nervous, scared, indeed. But, sudden warmth which enveloped his hand was melting his fear.

“Relax.” Tao whispered, staring at him in a gentle way.

Xiumin smiled and nodded, facing forward with another firm expression. Xiumin could see their friends sitting in the middle row. Suho, Chen, D.O, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, even Kris and Lay.

So many questions were asked to them. But, mostly Tao answered them. Then a harsh question came from a journalist.

“Aren’t you ashamed with all Chinese about revealing yourselves as a gay couple?”

Tao clenched his teeth in anger. But, before he could answer in rage, a soft voice answered it.

“Of course we’re not.” Xiumin answered softly, “How can you feel ashamed when you love someone? Let’s not talk about gender. I’m pretty sure you will stick with the one you love even you have to pass many obstacles, right?”

The journalist nodded and wrote something on his note.

“I’ll resign from my profession.” Tao said after a several seconds, shocking all people there, not only the journalists but Xiumin, his friends and his manager as well.

“Can you explain it, Tao?!”

“Why will you?!”

And many questions like that were flooding the ballroom.

“He…he talked wrongly!” His manager hurriedly handled.

“I’m serious, Gege.” Tao cut his manager firmly, “If people want me to resign, then I will.” He rose both of his hand and Xiumin’s hand, smiling softly to the shocked chubby guy beside him, “As long as he’s with me.”

Xiumin nearly broke into tears because of it. Tao hurriedly hugged Xiumin securely in his arms, “Don’t cry. I’m with you.”

 

 

“This story is very good, the best from you, I guess. You mixed the feelings there so the reader can feel the love and the obstacles. I’m sure it’ll be another best seller from you. But, I really want to ask this, Lay. Can you tell me what made you bring this topic to your new novel?”

“Because homoual isn’t a bad thing.” Lay answered his editor with a smile, “Loving someone, what gender they are, isn’t a bad thing. Don’t you think?”

Yes, Lay had changed the characters in his novel to be both men. Reflecting from his own life, Lay finally dared to bring the topic up.

“Fine then.” His editor nodded contently, “It’s done for today. I’ll immediately publish this novel.”

“Thank you.” Lay bowed and walked out from the editor room, meeting his Kris and immediately hugging the blonde man.

The editor smiled, “Loving someone, whoever they are, isn’t a bad thing.”

 

 

Like what they had been expected, Lay’s new novel was becoming the best seller. Some people agreed that his novel was great and full of emotions. But, of course some critics were floating as well. It wasn’t like Lay couldn’t handle it though.

It was in the middle of summer. Lay was busy plotting a new novel as the sequel of his previous best seller while watching Tao and Xiumin playing with the water at their backyard. He chuckled softly when Xiumin tripped down and Tao hurriedly approached his boyfriend in worry.

They had been moving together as four in a small house in Shanghai. Tao, unexpectedly, was accepted nicely by his fans. They even sometime sent Xiumin gifts too.

“What are you chuckling at?” A deep voice suddenly asked Lay from behind, a pair of large hands resting on his stomach.

“Nothing.” Lay chuckled even more, turning his face aside so he could kiss Kris.

“Have you called your father?”

“I have.”

Kris’ face stiffened, “What did he say?”

“He finally welcomes me to our house again.” Lay smiled, “I’m glad he finally realized that being a novelist is my dream.”

“I’m glad too.” Kris whispered, kissing Lay’s neck lovingly.

“I’ll bring you home later, okay?”

“To meet your father?”

“Of course.”

“Oh, my…” Kris mumbled on Lay’s shoulder, “I feel scared.”

“It’s not like you propose me in front of him, Kris.” Lay chuckled.

“But, I do want to propose you in front of him.” Kris smiled.

“What?” Lay widened his eyes.

Kris raised his hand so Lay could see a tiny box being held by the blonde man.

“Open it.” Kris said.

Lay opened the box with trembling hand and covered his mouth, turning his teary eyes to Kris.

There was a diamond ring in that box.

“Marry me?” Kris asked smilingly.

“Hell yes!” Lay turned his body and jumped to Kris’ arms, “Yes, yes, yes! God, I love you, Kris! I love you so ing much!”

“It’s rare to hear you cursing.” Kris chuckled, holding the slender man in his arms tightly, “But, I love you too, Yixing.”

“Yixing?”

“Why?” Kris raised his eyebrows playfully, “Can’t I call my boyfriend by his real name?”

“No, I don’t mean it!” Lay shook his head, “I love it. Can I call you Yifan too?”

“Why not?”

“I love you, Wu Yifan!” Lay squealed, back into Kris’ arms.

“I love you, Zhang Yixing.”

It was the time when they were about to kiss when water was splashed toward them.

“…the hell?!” Kris cursed and turned his eyes to see Tao and Xiumin who were grinning mischievously.

“Congratulation!” Both of them congratulated Kris and Lay.

“Thank you!” Lay squealed again.

“But, you didn’t have to ruin our moment by splashing the water!” Kris released Lay, giving his new fiancée a kiss, “I’ll be back, Baby.”

And then he sprung out from the terrace, chasing the mischievous couple. Lay laughed whole heartedly.

Yeah, we, together, will be fighting against the world…

 

“Watch out! Raging dragon is coming!”

 

fin.

 

A/N: What?! It’s the end?! Oh, my God! It’s the end! Muahahahaha! Finally, love you guys! Thank you for having this fic until the end! See you!

AND!

I made another chaptered fic! Someone please help me from writing EXO fanfictions! It's just like my hands can't stop typing and typing and typing!!! My hands are possessed!!!

SO, this is mainly HunHan with Kray, Taomin, Suchen, Kaisoo and Baekyeol, featuring some SHINee and Super Junior also. Muahahaa!

The links:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/358442

See you there, Guys! (If you want to read it of course ._.)