Chapter Five: A Short Journey.

Shanghai, I'm In Love

BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER!

Okay, hmm, I'm working on another chaptered fic than this fic. The fic I'm talking about is about Kai/Luhan and Chanyeol/Baekhyun. This story is...angst and violence and and well...stuffs. I wonder if any of you wants to read this :p

The link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/331702

Okay, i'll stop talking for now! ^^;


 

chapter five:

a short journey.

 

 

Kris sipped his coffee and leaned back on his comfort couch. He was flipping the boring channels when he looked his camera on the table. He grabbed it and went into his dark room. And then he printed the pictures carefully but professionally. He hung them on a wire and sighed contently to see them.

There were so many Lay’s photos. They were when Lay was reading a book, typing on his notebook, listening to the music and else. But, still, Kris’ favorite was the one who had been framed on the table beside his bed. The first of Lay picture he had taken; the one when they met for the first time.

Suddenly he felt an urge to take Lay’s picture. He left the dark room and picked his phone before texting the certain person.

 

 

Lay woke up with a wide yawn and stretching arms beside his head. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and got up from his bed. And that was the time his half-lidded eyes caught a figure of a box on his coffee table.

“Ah…” He suddenly remembered what happened the day before.

 

“So, Kris.” Lay eyed the box on his lap, “Why did you buy me a helmet?”

“Didn’t I tell you to find it out later?” Kris asked back.

“Well…I’m kind of curious. And what was wrong with my choice? Why did the owner of the shop earlier talk like that?”

“It’s…” Kris stopped and smiled, “You’ll find out later.”

“Aish!” Lay huffed, “You really like to make people curious, don’t you??”

Kris just laughed.

 

Lay opened the box and lifted the helmet with his hands. He liked the helmet. It wasn’t that heavy or light. It was white tiny black wings on its left side, simple, just Lay liked that.

“Really,” Lay sighed, pouting his lips, “I’m curious. Will Kris take me somewhere or something?”

Then he heard his phone vibrating on the table beside his bed. He put the helmet carefully into the box again and approached the table.

 

From: Kris Wu

Text me your address, Lay.

 

Lay frowned, “Doesn’t this guy know how to attach strings?”

To: Kris Wu

What for? Are you going to robber me?

 

From: Kris Wu

No. I’m going to burn it. Aish.

 

Lay chuckled and sent Kris his address.

 

From: Kris Wu

Why didn’t you do that sooner? -_-

I’ll pick you up at ten. I’m sure you’ll get idea for your novel there.

 

To: Kris Wu

There? Where are we going?

 

From: Kris Wu

You’ll find it out later.

 

“This guy really…” Lay sighed and threw his phone to head into his bathroom.

 

 

From: Kris Wu

I’m in front of your apartment. Don’t forget to bring your helmet.

 

Lay grabbed his keychain and his helmet before heading out.

“Where’s he?” Lay mumbled once he got out from his apartment.

Then, suddenly, a black Kawasaki Ninja stopped in front of his blank face. The rider put off his helmet and smiled.

Lay gaped at Kris, “I…don’t know you can ride a motorcycle…”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Yeah, good morning to you too. Now, put on your helmet.”

Lay eyed the helmet Kris’ was holding and frowned, “Your helmet…?”

“That’s why the owner talked like that yesterday. Your helmet and mine have similar design.”

“But, the opposite, right?” Lay asked again, putting his own helmet carefully.

Kris smiled and put his own helmet on, “Hop on.”

Lay didn’t need to be told twice. He hopped on the passenger seat and realized something.

Where should I grip…?

“My waist.” Kris said like he had read Lay’s mind.

“Huh?”

“You should grip on my waist if you don’t want to fly away.”

Lay could felt his face warmer, thanks to the helmet to cover it.

He shyly grip Kris’ black leather jacket with his fists. Then, he could hear Kris’ low chuckle.

“Lay, you’re really going to fly if you’re gripping me like that.”

“Huh? So what should I do?” Lay huffed.

Kris grabbed both of Lay’s hands and met them on his stomach, “This is what you should do.”

Oh, if Lay’s face could be redder.

“Are you ready?” Kris asked.

“Humm…” Lay nodded, humming approvingly.

Kris started the engine and ran the motorcycle to just Kris and God knew where.

 

 

It was when the rain suddenly poured down, making both of them stop on midway.

“I don’t know it would be raining.” Lay sighed, squeezing his damp jacket, “I should’ve seen the weather forecast.”

“You’re whining like a girl.” Kris chuckled, putting his helmet beside his feet, before sitting down.

“I’m not!” Lay pouted, sitting down as well.

It was a comfortable silence before Kris feeling the man beside him shivering.

“Are you cold?”

Lay gave him a dark look, “No, I’m hot really. It’s like I want to go and dance under the rain.”

Kris laughed at that, “I’m trying to be nice here, Lay.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Lay rolled his eyes and hugged his knees to reduce the coldness.

Kris sighed to see Lay shivering like that.

“Put off your jacket.” Kris commanded out of the blue, putting his jacket off.

“Huh?!” Lay widened his eyes, “What do you want?!”

“Your jacket is wet, Lay. If you keep wearing it, you will catch cold.” Kris smirked naughtily, “What? Are you thinking that I might you here?”

“I’m not! Aish, you!” Lay slapped Kris’ arm before putting of his jacket.

Kris took Lay’s jacket and handed his own jacket to Lay, “Put it on. My jacket is leather so the inside isn’t wet.”

“Eh…?” Lay took the jacket uncertainly, “How about you?”

Kris smiled and shrugged, “I’m strong enough to hold this cold.”

Lay looked at Kris’ damp shirt and shook his head, “You’ll be sick!”

“Lay.” Kris sighed, taking his own jacket, before putting it on Lay’s body, “I’m okay.”

“Thank you…” Lay whispered.

“It’s nothing. But, do you mind if I take my shirt off?”

“Huh?!”

Kris laughed again to see Lay’s expression, “I’m going to squeeze it, Lay.”

“Ah…” Lay grinned awkwardly and nodded.

Kris put off his shirt and squeezed it hard. Lay just could hide his red face on his knees. When Kris put on his shirt again, he saw Lay still hiding his face on his knees.

“Lay?” Kris shook the younger man’s shoulder but he got no response.

Is he sleeping…?

“Lay!” Kris shook Lay’s shoulder harder then he regretted it. Lay’s head fell on his chest carelessly.

“He’s really sleeping.” Kris sighed after seeing Lay’s closed eyes. Awkwardly, Kris put his arm around Lay’s shoulders and brought the sleeping man closer to his body.

His hands are so cold, Kris thought. He brought Lay’s hands and blew it carefully.

“Ah, this rain is going to take a long time.” Kris sighed, looking up to the sky.

 

 

Waking up on Kris’ chest was the option Lay had never thought of.

“Ah!” Lay pulled away embarrassedly, “I-I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Kris smiled, “Oh, the rain has stopped.”

“Ah, you’re right.” Lay looked up and sighed contently, “I thought it would take a whole day.”

Kris put off his helmet and folded Lay’s jacket carefully, “Here is your jacket. Let’s continue our trip.”

“How about yours?” Lay pointed the jacket he was wearing.

“You wear it.” Kris said, hopping on his motorcycle, “Come on. We don’t have a whole day.”

“Well…” Lay sighed, putting on his own helmet, “Okay.”

They had continued their trip for two hours before finally Kris stopped the motorcycle beside a huge river.

“Uwaaah~! This is so beautiful!” Lay moaned in delight. He stretched his arms beside his body, feeling the wind blowing his hair softly.

Kris didn’t waste the chance he hurriedly grabbed his camera and snapped a picture.

“Did you just take my picture?” Lay turned his face to Kris after hearing the shutter sound.

“Hmm.” Kris nodded and approached Lay to show the picture, “Here, look at this.”

“You know what?” Lay sighed contently to see the picture, “Sometime I don’t understand why you always can take good pictures of me. I mean, I don’t think that the person in your pictures is me. It’s so…how I say it? Hmm…so different.”

“I don’t know.” Kris shrugged, “You have a different aura maybe.”

“What was that??” Lay laughed to hear the diction Lay had used, “Aura?? You’re funny!”

“Okay, hold on.” Kris said. And before Lay could stop his laughter, Kris had snapped another picture of him.

“Ah~! Didn’t I tell you to take my picture while I don’t know??”

“Sorry.” Kris chuckled, “It’s too valuable to be missed.”

“I’m embarrassed.” Lay covered his red face with his jacket.

Kris chuckled stopped. He approached the shorted man and removed Lay’s hands from his face.

“Don’t cover your face. You’re…” Kris stopped, staring at Lay’s eyes deeply. What was he going to say? Beautiful? Handsome?

“Kris…?” Lay whispered curiously.

Kris brought up his camera and took a picture again, “You’re my model! So, you can’t cover your face like that. I can’t have a faceless model, you know?”

“Aish, you!” Lay slapped Kris’ arm before stomping away childishly closer to the river.

Kris could feel his heart beating unusually fast. He wetted his suddenly dry lips before following Lay to the river, ignoring the wild beat inside his chest.

“Tell me, Kris.” Lay said, inserting his now bare feet into the clear water, “Why are you being a photographer? I mean, what’s your purpose?”

“Hmm.” Kris sighed, sitting beside the novelist and focusing his camera to Lay, “Maybe, it’s the same question like why you’re being novelist.”

Lay’s smile faded into a sad one and then he looked at his feet again. Accidentally, Kris pressed the shutter.

“Lay…?” Kris said, lowering his camera slowly.

“Maybe it’s different.” Lay sighed, “Why don’t you share it with me?”

“Well…” Kris looked up to the sky, “I’ve loved photography since I was a kid. It was started by my father’s old camera. I loved to click the shutter because of its sound.” Kris chuckled when he remembered his past, “And then my father told me how to focus the lens and snap a good picture. I’ve loved photography since that time.”

“So, your father agreed you to be a photographer?”

Kris nodded smilingly, “He even supported my dream. The last thing my father had said before his death was to keep my camera and my dream.”

“Ah…” Lay smiled even sadder, “It’s nice. I envy you.”

Kris’ smile fell down to see the pain in Lay’s pale face, “Lay, why-”

“I’m hungry!” Lay suddenly jumped up, stretching his arms, and then skipped toward Kris’ motorcycle, “Let’s buy some meals! Ah~ I think I can finish two portions!”

Kris smiled to see the sudden cheerfulness from Lay. He knew that the younger man had something on his mind, but maybe it wasn’t a right time for him to know.

I’ll know it later. I still have a long time with him, like forever, maybe…, Kris chuckled on his mind, What am I thinking? I even barely know anything about him.

“Oh!” Lay clapped his hand and approached Kris again. He grabbed Kris’ camera and took it from Kris’ neck. The owner let him do that.

“What will you do with my camera?” Kris raised one of his eyebrows when he see Lay heading away.

“Say cheese!” Lay suddenly focused his camera to him and snapped a picture.

“What the…?” Kris blinked by the sudden shot.

“I think you have to have some of your pictures too, Kris.” Lay smiled before taking another picture.

Kris chuckled when he saw Lay focused his camera, pretending like a professional photographer with exaggerating movements.

“I know what’s better.” Kris said, taking his camera from Lay’s hands.

“What?”

Kris pulled Lay’s hand to make the shorter boy closer to him and raised his camera highly.

“Let’s take photo together.” Kris smiled to Lay, “Now, show your grin!”

Lay chuckled before posing to the camera.

 

 

“So…” Lay smiled in front of his door to Kris, “Today was so amazing. I love to trip with you again sometime.”

Kris smiled back, “I will take you again somewhere. But, I hope you don’t mind if I use my motorcycle again.”

“Of course not.” Lay chuckled, “Why don’t you use it every time you go by the way? Isn’t it easier?”

“Well, I just use it when I want to go far. If it’s still in Shanghai, I think I don’t need to use it.”

“I see.” Lay smiled.

Both of them had smiled to each other in comfortable silence before finally Kris broke it.

“I think I better go now. It’s getting late.” Kris said half-heartedly.

“Yeah, you’re right.”

“See you later, Lay.” Kris waved his hand before heading away.

“Wait, Kris!”

Kris turned his face to Lay and was about to ask when he saw the most angelic smile from Lay.

“Good night…” Lay said before closing his door.

Kris could felt his face redden.

“God, I’m like a school girl in crush.” Kris said. He looked again the last picture he and Lay had taken together and sighed contently before heading out from the building, “Good night to you too, Lay…”

Kris was definitely in love with the younger pale man.