Because you are that little bit of insanity inside me.

An empty book waiting to be filled.

 

Coupling: Kaistal

Prompt: Because you are that little bit of insanity inside me.

Genre: Fluff? I'm not sure what to classify this. Haha.

__________________

Tick, tick, tick.

The biological clock is ticking. She could hear them ticking endlessly and resonances around her head as she does twists and twirls on her snug king sized bed. As huge as her room seemed right then, she couldn’t help but feel a little trapped. Soojung was turning 20 tomorrow. Adulthood was something she wasn’t looking forward to.

People who didn’t know the real her would’ve assumed that she would be enjoying adulthood. After all, by the break of dawn, the sole heir of Jung Star Group was to be promoted to chief executive officer, taking over the now frail president. She was impeccable; her life was perfect.

Like the ending was nearing, her life flickered through her eyes as she sat straight at the end of her bed catching every breath.  Beads of sweat trickled slightly off her forehead and she wiped them off assiduously.

She takes a deep breath and shut her eyes tight as she recalls her life of 20 measly years. Her memories weren’t fond at all. All she could remember was books, papers, meetings and the company. She searched every inch of her memory for any signs of happiness and his face appeared. A smile emerged on her dry desiccated lips. Her tremulous hands reached out for the glass of water on the bedside and gulped down until the last few drops entered . As she settled the glass on the table, a small light lit up the whole room.

Jongin, it read.

Her finger stops for a while, wavering at the sight of his name. He had always been trouble; bringing chaos into her utterly immaculate life. Her father had even sent private bodyguards to prevent them from meeting. But she was Jung Soojung; with a single lift of her finger, the world would easily become hers.

They often met, usually after she had a fight with her father. And tonight, he, once again, threatened to ruin her future.

After the ninth call, she hastily picked up. A small sigh was imperceptibly heard on the other end, as if he was disappointed that she finally answered his call. Nevertheless, his soft mellifluous voice echoes inside the phone and she, too, turns a little mellifluous.   

“Soojung-ah,” he whispers, “Look outside your window.”She, again, hesitates, wondering if he was actually outside. “Yah, I’m freezing. Quickly open the window.” This time he demands and she scuffles to her feet.

“What are you doing here?” she hisses and her eyes wander to the left and right in case there were any security guards “Are you crazy?”

“Shall I answer that once you help me up?” he breaths a little into his palms and urges her, “Throw a rope or something.”

“Do you think I live in a storeroom or something?” she replies, bewildered at his request and begins to scramble her bedroom for any object to pull her supposed prince.

“Do you really want me to say ‘Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair?” he snickers as she throws the bedding on top of him. He reaches for the bedding like he was reaching for her, and she pulls him up with her might, like his life depend on it.

“Jongin,” she murmurs softly and occupies the edge of the bed while he looks out the window, “In less than 3 hours I need to get ready for the ceremony.”

“3 hours is plenty of time,” a smirk forms on his slightly blue face, “I wonder if the theme park is open at this hour.”

She knows it was an evident question but she answers anyway. And her answer led her to the edge of town, still clad in kilt patterned pyjamas and his tattered black jacket. Both of them stare out into the cold morning air and empty opening.

“Well, it seems to be closed Jung,” he grins and she braces herself for the next sin he is about to commit, “What fun.”

He nudges her to point at which ride first and she honestly wants to say no, but that small sparkle in his eyes urges her to and she follows. “Spinning cups.”

She feels the cold seeping behind her back and all over her as she waits quietly for him to work his magic. She turns her gaze over towards him and sees him scratching his head and pushing every button. She giggles inwardly and finally the cups began to spins steadily. He rushes over, a triumphant face and proud gesture hatched upon him.

“How did you know what to do to switch it on?” she asks as he puts all his might into spinning the round centre.

“Click all the buttons except the red one,” he grins naughtily, “Soojung, honey, you have so much to learn.”

She scoffs at the irony and leans back her shoulders as the spinning becomes meandering and hypnotizing. The cold air runs through her hair freely and she now feels free. Freedom, she thinks, was something she thought she would never feel. But as she watches him smiling and twisting the wheel, she learns that freedom may be having somewhere to return to; to him.

“Will you come to the ceremony?”

“I’d be insane to miss it.”

She closes her blurred eyes and wishes time would just stop for a while; just until she figures him out, Kim Jongin.

The first few minutes of the morning are spent trying to figure out what had happened the hours before. Back aches and stomach hurting, she recollects her memories, like little bread crumbs to lead her to him.

“Soojung,” a voice booms on the other side of the door. She also remembers that although her father is old, he is still powerful. She slips into her light brown slippers and marches to the door, “Yes appa.” It was time.

The security guards pass by her swiftly and each and every camera faces her like a predator waiting for their pray. She brushes off the indistinguishable dust on her shoulders and confidently struts towards the podium. A smile plastered on her face showed no signs of weakness though she knew her weakness was the moment itself.

She searches a familiar face in the crowd, she sees none. A slight pout enters her lips and she quickly recovers before anyone realizes. The paper and pen were presented in front of her and she listens to her father. Her eyes still wandered across the hall waiting to catch a glimpse of him. Even after the lengthy speech he is nowhere to be found.

Once in the private room, she kicks the heels off in annoyance and bites her tongue to stop herself from lashing out to innocent by passers. The staffs all looked at their newest leader and question the decision. She digs out her phone and her fingers fumbled as she dials his number. He doesn’t pick up; and neither does she give up.

It takes her until the ninth call that he picks up. She wanted to curse at him but no words escapes her. She stands still in the room full of busy people and with a single lift of her finger and everyone is ordered out. In the now comfort of herself, a tear flows down her cheek.

“Yah! Where were you?” she finally says in between the sobs after a while of hush.

“Since you're big boss now, you might consider cutting down the personal bodyguards to just one,” a laugh escapes his lips and she gets angered more.

“Yah! Answer me!” she lashes out uncontrollably, even surprising herself, “You said you’d be here.”

Knock.

“You promised.”

Knock.

“You lied.”

Knock.

“You freaking lied.”

“Answer the Goddamned door Soojung-ah.”

“Answer me you Goddamned gorilla.”

“Gorilla?” the word resounded throughout the room as the door flies open and there he stands with his infamous smirk, “Now, now Soojung. Isn’t that a bit harsh for a person who has gone to hell and back just to see you sign a piece of paper?”

 “You!” her lip trembled, “You’re late.” She stumbles to her feet, showing every sign of weakness she desperately shielded off to the world. She notices the faint purple blobs under his eyes and his clothes almost in shreds.

He takes small steps towards her, gently and steadily. She wishes he would just run over, but he plays her like always, “I owe it all to your lovely bodyguards. I don’t doubt that they can protect you.”

“Kim Jongin,” a shimmer of guilt creeps upon her face as she rushes by his side, “Stop joking around. Are you ok?” She inspects the contusion and rubs in sympathy and guilt. She, somewhere on the left of her, feels wounded too.

“Soojung,” another grin naughtily appears on his face as he pulls her shaking fingers away, “Do you reckon bungee jumping off a cliff is fun?”

She contemplates for a second, now that she was responsible for more than half of Korea’s work force. She pulls him forward into a hug and closes her now clear eyes and doesn’t wish the time would stop. Because she has already figured out whom Kim Jongin was.

“Do you reckon that bungee jumping while saying your vows fun?”

She didn’t just sign one lifetime deal that day, she signs him too. Because in her outright ideal life, he’s that little bit of insanity she calls her weakness.

 

_______________

At 3am last night, I had the urge to pop on my glasses and type out this story. My muse comes at the weirdest time of day right? Anyway I've been so Kaistal deprived lately.  

Next I'll do Susica since Kyuwonhae and Jessichu both have requested them. But it will be around next week since I'm going on holiday tomorrow. yayyyy for me. 

Comment and subscribe beautiful peeps ^_^