Up In The Sky.

An empty book waiting to be filled.

 

Although he could not quite put a finger on it, he knew he was different. He knew he was destined for greatness; well, greater than working part time at Starbucks with a measly pay.

It first struck him when he was a little boy aged 8. The new school year was beginning and little Jongin had neatly worn his new uniform. His mother nagged at him countless times not to ruin the clothes as he usually did. He followed his mother’s orders and did not run around the playground during recess like he usually did. He decided to stay it was time to be a grown up and sit alone in the classroom. However, little Jongin was a born explorer; sitting still for even one minute proved to be very difficult for him.  Without hesitation he decided to explore the building.

His eyes shone golden yellow when he saw the rooftop. It was so wide yet so empty. He couldn’t wait to show his other friends.

“Tag, you’re it,” he heard a familiar voice yell.

“Nu-uh, I was tying my shoelaces.”

Jongin quickly ran over to ledge where the voices were heard and could see his friends in almost ant-like size from the edge of the building.

“Sehun-ah! Taemin-ah!” he yelled from above, “Look here!”

Both of them looked around searching for the voice but immediately ignored it as soon as one of their other friends started to chase them around.

“Look here!” he yelled once more and leaned further in an attempt to attract attention.

Snap.

The next thing he could remember was the smell of disinfectant and white walls. But no bruise, no nothing.

*

It was his 18th birthday when Jongin felt it once more. He had turned into a handsome young man with almond brown hair, lean and muscled body complete with chestnut eyes and pink pucker lips framed in a sharp and defined jaw line. He woke up rather early that day, not due to the excitement of his birthday party but due to another type of excitement.

He could feel the cold morning air pass by him as he stood on the rooftop of his house. His muscles became numb and he began to rethink his experiment. Maybe that day wasn’t a good day. The tiles were dangerously placed and Jongin had to hold the ledge to stop himself from falling. He reached the end of the rooftop and sat himself in between the chimney and edge.

He hadn’t thought of the plan thoroughly. Though there was no plan really if he did fall and die because when you die, you die. He, however, wanted to cheat death.

The view was quite spectacular from the top and Jongin could feel the tingles just like he did on the school rooftop. He took a deep breath and sat up straight facing the back towards the edge.

“One, two…”

His birthday party was cancelled that day.

*

After the little stunt he pulled his parents decided to keep him grounded. They packed everything up and left town quickly and quietly.

Jongin could see miles and miles of greenery as he pulled his guitar closer, strumming a tune now and then. He could see the fear in both his parents’ eyes but decided to keep quiet even though his head was buzzing with a million and one questions.

Their new house was quite different from the previous one. The previous one was cramped and didn’t even have an inch of grass anywhere. The new house was practically away from everything. It was white and surrounded with red brick gates and forestry. To Jongin, it seemed more like a mental institution. 

“You will not, I repeat, will not do that floating thing again,” his mother spat that morning as they drove to his new school.

“Floating thing?” Jongin narrowed his eyes, balling up a fist of anger “It’s called flying mom.”

“Yes, yes, I know what it is,” his mother gritted her teeth, “Flying, floating, does it make a difference?”

“You fly like a bird out in the open skies; you float like a helium balloon in a birthday party that was cancelled,” Jongin hissed, “There is a difference mom.”

“I can’t believe we’re actually having this conversation,” his mother broke into a series of sobs, “Jongin-ah, please just do what I tell you to do.”

Jongin snorted. It was the same thing his mother told him before he took his first flight.

___________________

A really short drabble. I wrote this a long time ago. Yes, I know Kris has the flying powers. But it doesn't hurt right to have Kai as the lead right? hehe.

Anyway, sorry. I did promise Chanyeol/Luna. But I haven't any muse yet so here is an apology chapter?