Kimchi Spaghetti.

An empty book waiting to be filled.

 

Coupling: Baekstal.

Prompt: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. 

Genre: Fluff.

 

_______________

 

Soojung is without a doubt beautiful, he decides on one midday summer whilst resting his head on her shoulders as they lean onto the side of the large bed they shared. But he also decides that she would also be beautiful if she was wearing an apron and he can already smell the kimchi spaghetti wandering in the morning air.

 “Cook for me,” a sensual whisper is heard upon her ears that makes her shudder. This time she shudders at the word and not his voice.

“Cook?”

“Yes,” he grins, fully knowing that she might just burn his lovely ceramic tiled pristine white kitchen, “I’m hungry.”

She raises an eyebrow, wondering if he has heard of the Jung curse of being in kitchens, “Me?”

“My mother always told me, ‘The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’. I’ve always wanted to see if it was true.”

“No.” She acknowledges that she was being y but she’s been called worse, so y was reasonable, she assures.

“Please.” He knew she was playing it hard to get, it was to complete the whole act, but he wasn’t going to give in, not yet.

“I’m going to stop you from doing something that might make you hate me for life.”

 “I will hate you if you don’t cook for me.”

He turns on his head away, but he’s not going anywhere; this was their game, he pushes she pulls.

“Ok. Fine.” She gives up easily once she sees him playfully fold his arm and on his lower lip, as if to show his discontent. “One Kimchi spaghetti coming up.”

*

She nervously waited for him to pick up, cursing aloud as the receiver doesn’t pick up. She calls and calls, and finally after what seemed like eternity to her, he finally picks up.

“Yah!” she screams into the phone, spitting everywhere and making the receiver pull away from his phone, “Why don’t you just throw the phone right out the window.”

“Its 7am damnit Soojung,” he mumbles in between the pillows.

“That’s exactly what I thought,” she grumbles, still half screaming at him, “But he still insists that I, quote, make that infamous Kimchi Spaghetti that Kyungsoo makes, unquote. So technically this is all your fault.”

“Soojung,” he mumbles inaudibly, “It’s just kimchi spaghetti. How hard can it be?”

“Will you just tell me how to make the Goddamned dish?” she grits her teeth and falls tiredly onto the high chair. It’s 7 am and Soojung is not a morning person. But for Baekhyun, may it be a morning or night person, that she will be.

“Fine,” a defeated Kyungsoo clears his throat and searches his brain for the recipe, “Take a bunch of kimchi and cut them.”

“How the hell do you cut kimchi?”

“Just cut them Soojung,” Kyungsoo yawns and angrily replies. It’s 7 am and Kyungsoo is definitely not a morning person; not for Soojung and especially not for Baekhyun, “Fry the tomato sauce, ham and onion.”

“Does it have to be in that order: tomato sauce, ham and onion?” she asks juggling the phone and knife in between her hands.

“No Soojung,” he shakes his head in disgrace and wonders what Baekhyun sees in her, “Just throw them all in the pan. Have you got the spaghetti ready?”

“Yes,” she says proudly and firmly and points to the spaghetti although no one could see, “So what’s next?”

“Add the spaghetti into the sauce and then add cheese,” he continues, although his eyelids are fluttering and dreamland feels a lot closer, “Put it in the oven then give to Baekhyun and tell hyung that I will never cook Kimchi Spaghetti ever again.”

“You’re a life saver Kyungsoo oppa,” she squeals as she pops the nearly ready dish into the oven, “I shall be forever in debt to you.”

“You still haven’t paid your debt for forcing me stay up all night and listen to you whine about Baekhyun hyung and the time when you took my jacket and left me in the cold while you ran all the way to him with my jacket.”

“Please Kyungsoo,” Soojung giggles and remembers how much of a good friend Kyungsoo is, “You make me look like such a bad person.”

“And not to mention last night when you kicked me out the house just so both of you could be alone. I should get a best friend medal or something.”

“Well would you rather stay and watch us cuddle up?”

“I’m with Chanyeol who is most definitely on crack. How much worse can my life be?”

“Fine. What can I do to make it up to you?”

“Just let me sleep,” he laughs and a click follows.

*

Soojung, he declares over breakfast with Kyungsoo the next morning, is still beautiful, and although she lacks the motherly qualities that Kyungsoo possesses, she is nonetheless beautiful.

“So how was the kimchi spaghetti?” the housemate asks as he passes the milk over, “I still don’t understand why you, out of the blue, ask her to cook kimchi spaghetti in the early hours of the morning.”

“Kyungsoo, I’ve learnt my lesson.”

“Was it that terrible?”

“She threw in the uncooked spaghetti into the sauce because apparently she says that you didn’t tell her to cook the spaghetti beforehand,” he meekly smiles, “And she pops the almost ready dish into the oven without even heating the oven.”

“You already know that Soojung is one hell of a terrible cook,” Kyungsoo drew an eyebrow at his housemate, “So why did you bother dragging our lovely kitchen to become the victim.”

 “I guess I wanted to know whether a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” he smiles, and he finally knows the answer.

“Is it?”

“No. She’s a terrible cook but I love her anyway.”

*

Both of them look at the now grey dirt filled walls and water wet floors in wide open eyes, even wider than Kyungsoo. Soojung forces a smile but Baekhyun doesn’t even try with his wide eyes that were not of the stereotypical Asian.

“So,” he heaves a very long sigh and slings an arm around her shoulder, “Shall we go to Tiffany’s for breakfast?”

 

________________________________________

Baekstal! Woohoo. This couple is really growing onto me. Blame all the brilliant fanfic writers out there who write Baekstal. Anyhow, this is for the ever lovely woobabylove0904 because her comments make my day. Thank you. 

If there isn't a request, I shall make my own :) 

BTW, a little shameless advertising. I made a SM Town oneshots. Head over and be lovlies and subscribe too!

8 Ways To Say I Love You