Chapter 5

First Kiss and First Impression

 

[A/N] Only two comments for my last update *pouts* TT_TT

Anyway here's another chapter. My writings getting boring *sulks*

 


 

                Tiffany continued watching the couple as if she were watching a movie on big screen. They look so sweet it melted her heart. She was mesmerized by the scene in front of her.

                The man had beautiful pair of deep set eyes, a mesmerizing smile with a perfect set of pearly white teeth that could have come out of a toothpaste commercial, rosy white skin and a body to die for. His long legs were headed for one direction as he entered the door. A beautiful lady waited as he gave her a hug, she didn’t see another guy coming in and giving the girl a kiss on the lips as someone suddenly popped out in front of her.

                “Yah! Stop peeking, you !”

                She stepped back as she saw Taeyeon’s face blocking her view.

                She averted her attention to the flowers on her side and decided that they were very much interesting. “They’re just too cute to watch. It’s like I’m watching a romantic flick on TV,” she said.

                She didn’t know where the pang of jealousy came from while watching the said ‘couple’ earlier. When the guy arrived, she instantly recognized who he was. He was the guy who she saved a week ago. He was the guy who made her insides burn as she was treating his wounds. Who would be able to forget a face so gorgeous and a body so tempting?

                Just by looking earlier, she instantly concluded that they were indeed a couple. They looked so good together. It was like she was watching a drama sitcom.

                “Are you jealous of my sister, Miss?”

                She faced the unknown girl who decided to interrupt her conversation with her best friend. She sat on the chair near the receiving area of the “Flower Power” shop where Taeyeon was working.

                She was cute. She had long brown hair and surely she was the schools’ crush if ever she was still studying. But the glint in her eyes and smile gives you a hint that she is hiding a tint of mischievousness.

                “Yah! Seo, why don’t you bother others with your games? It’s only occasional that my friend here, Tiffany, decides to visit me. And now you’re scaring her off with your mind-reading games. What if she decides not to visit me anymore, I’d beat you off if that’d happen.” Taeyeon butted in.

                Tiffany was wondering what this girl might possibly do to her, to not make her come back here again.

                “Why? I’m harmless you know.” Seohyun innocently answered.

                “Don’t listen to that stubborn kid,” Taeyeon told her friend.

                Moments later there was someone who approached them; it was the girl she saw earlier with the stranger. Her name was “Yuri” and she was the owner of the shop. And she was the sister that Seohyun was referring to. And she found out that she had a fiancé by the name of Yoong. They were getting married in two months.

                “Hello miss Yuri, sorry if I had to bring my friend along to work because she decided to go to my apartment earlier. I couldn’t leave her there so I just brought her here.” Taeyeon told her boss.

                “It’s okay Tae.” Yuri answered.

                “Oh by the way this is Tiffany my best friend.” Taeyeon introduced Tiffany to them.

                “Nice meeting you Tiffany. And now you’re also gonna be invited to my wedding with the guy you saw with me earlier,” She smiled while saying this. It looks like she deserves to be the leading lady of the hunky guy, because not only was she beautiful but she was also so kind. “So, I leave the shop in your hands, Taeyeon.”

                “I still have a date with my sweetheart,” she excitedly said.

                “And Seo, if Hyoyeon comes here, tell her that she’d be the one making dinner for us later. I’ll be going home late.” She winked at her sister, and hurriedly left.

                Tiffany watched as Yuri hopped on to her fiancé’s car. She stopped herself from getting hurt. She didn’t even bother if the guy would ever grant his promise of repaying her for helping him out. After all, helping someone doesn’t need any paybacks. Maybe she was just pissed that the guy didn’t even recognize her when he stepped in the shop and hug her so called “fiancé” not even bothering to greet her. And even if she thought that the guy would just be another passing crush. Until now, even if she found out that he already has a girlfriend she can’t deny that she still has a crush on him.

                Well, to think about it, if she was the one who had a girlfriend that beautiful, she would no doubt forget about every other girl in the world. Maybe that girl would be the only girl she’d be having eyes for eternity. And it looks like that was what the guy was doing for her girlfriend. How admirable.

                She felt envious of the girl. She was imagining them cuddling and all.

                “Is he you’re type unnie?” Seo whispered. She was shocked to hear such a question from her.

                Taeyeon went back to the front desk when a customer came in and they were the only ones left at the receiving area.

                She faced Seohyun. “Wha... Eh… Who?” She was confused of what she was talking about.

                “Is your type of guy like Yoong; handsome, being all cute, mischievous, childish and…” She stopped to think. “Loving,” she grinned as she finished her sentence.

                She wanted to correct her. Tell her that he was exactly her type. But she stopped herself because she was afraid of what Seo might think, she’d think that they already knew each other.

                And she thinks that her last statement was true. How Yoong loves Yuri. She can see in Yuri’s eyes that she was so happy. And she was sure that many women would die to have a guy like him.

                But maybe she would already forget the guy, seeing as he was already taken. She was processing in her head that he wasn’t her crush anymore.

                “What year are you anyway, and is that what you’re learning in school?”  Tiffany asked.

                “I’m in my senior year. So, is Yoong-oppa your type?” she teased.

                “Well, if you base it on the looks, can be,” she decided to just play along with her. “And the traits you said earlier? Even if he doesn’t have them it’s ok, except for the loving part.”

                Somehow what she said was true. Any man would do as long as he knew how to love a girl sincerely and wholeheartedly. Just like how Yoong is with Yuri, as Seohyun pointed out. And just like all those heroes from the movies she watched and the novels she had read.

                She nodded.

                She noticed that Seohyun was different. At first look she would only look like a typical teenager that’s curious about love. But she was so serious with what she was telling her earlier. No doubt, she’s a pain in the head for her unnies.

                Maybe that’s how teens are these days.

                When the customer already left, Taeyeon went back to sitting beside her. “So, how’s that new crush you were telling me about last weekend?”

                She just shrugged her shoulders. She can’t possibly tell her that she already saw him again―the fact that he was her boss’ boyfriend/fiancé. She just told her that she doesn’t have a crush on him anymore and that he never went back to her house to grant his so called promise to her.

                “So how was it in America? How’s Uncle Hwang?” She was referring to Tiffany’s dad. Just recently did she get back from America, to visit her family.

                “They’re fine. My brother is getting married next week. You can come if you’re not busy.”

                When she went to their house in the US, she only found out that her younger brother is getting married.  She was so busy with work that she didn’t have time to pay them a visit.

                “Wow, even you’re younger brother beat me to it.” Taeyeon chuckled.

                Tiffany looked at her questioningly.                                                                             

                She just laughed. “I already have a boyfriend, He’s in Singapore for a seminar for three days, but if you decide to come here again, I’ll introduce you to him. You’ll totally love him, he’s so funny and sweet and cute…” she dreamily said.

                She was happy of what she told her, so that’s why she’s been noticing how happy she was lately.

                “Are you looking for a boyfriend unnie?” Seohyun suddenly said out of nowhere.

                She scrunched her face as she faced her. It looks like she was done thinking and eavesdropping on their conversation that she decided to again.

                “I’m not looking for one. I’m just enjoying my time alone because next month I’ll be back to work again.” They were given a one-month vacation by their company because the season for their magazine show was already ending.

                Right now they were only airing re-runs of the seasons’ interviews. Their management is preparing so much for their next season so they were given a break.

                Seohyun nodded. “But you also want to have a boyfriend already?”

                “Well, it’s okay to have a boyfriend. I’m not in a hurry anyway. And I’m still young.” Somehow,her mind said.

                I’m still young, I’m still twenty-four, and I am a career woman, she defended herself.

                Her face wanted to contort in all ways possible at what she thought. Even she herself needed to convince herself that she didn’t need a boyfriend right now.

                But she did notice that she was already being left behind, as time passes. Her brother was already getting married and her older sister was long married, when she herself never even had a boyfriend.

                Her dad always told her to look for a decent guy to marry, whenever they would see each other. Is she getting that old already?

                It’s not like she doesn’t want to settle down or anything it’s just that she wanted to focus on her career first. That’s why when she finished college she immediately grabbed the opportunity to have a job and not have time to meet guys.

                She knew that there’s a right guy for her out there. She is just waiting for the right time to meet him, especially that the guy that she likes now is already getting married.

                “What about a blind date, unnie? Do you go on blind dates?” Seohyun woke her from her deep thoughts.

                “What blind date? You little brat, are you planning on experimenting with my best friend. Haven’t your sister told you that you shouldn’t in other peoples’ business?” Taeyeon butted in.

                “Yup! But hers worked out and that’s because of me,” *merong* she proudly told Taeyeon. Her friends face scrunched but before she could say something to her, Seohyun quickly averted her attention to Tiffany. “So, unnie. What do you think?” She had a smile on her face but there was something in her eyes that seems to say something.

                She just rubbed her temple. “I don’t really believe that something good will eventually come from blind dates. What if I’ll get hurt? You know what I mean.” Then she shrugged.

                Her smile just grew wider. “So we are the same!” She picked up a red box from her bag. It looked like flash cards. She opened it and showed it to her. They were really flashcards. “If so, then just pick one,” she said to her.

                Curiosity got the better of her.

                “And what’s that for?” she curiously asked.

                “I’ve discovered this new method of making my missions possible. I call this box ‘Action box’,” she enthusiastically answered.

                She got more confused with what she said, what mission is she talking about? Seriously she looked like a kid playing character games.

                She didn’t pick one up.

                “Maybe we can play next time, Seo. I need to go to the bookstore not far from here to pick up a book I really wanted to read.” She turned to Taeyeon. “I’ll be visiting your apartment one of these days okay?”

                “Sure.”

                She went out of the flower shop.