Chapter 2

First Kiss and First Impression

 

[A/N] Just a short update for my lovely readers :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Jesse woke up with a throbbing pain from his head and body. He felt like he fell off from the roof and his body was repeatedly slammed to the ground. His body was so painful especially his head. But he knew why it hurts. This was a typical scene for him every time he wakes up after drinking the night before.

                Damn it! Hangover.

                He scanned his surroundings. He saw an unfamiliar ceiling and smelled an unfamiliar scent of air freshener. It was such a sweet, sweet scent. He tried to remember what happened to him and why his body felt that way except for the fact that he was in a not so comfortable position on the sofa. He sat down whilst he had a hard time moving his aching body.

                He remembered drinking at the bar, when he couldn’t handle his alcohol he decided to leave. He planned to take a taxi and leave his car at the parking lot knowing its secured there. When he reached the streets three men approached him. He knows they were up to no good but he couldn’t handle them when he tried to defend himself, he was too drunk for that. He was beaten up badly until he fell unconscious.

                He cringed when he saw the bruises on his body. But he noticed that some of it were already treated. He remembered someone trying to help him.

                He didn’t bother looking for his wallet and phone. He knows it was stolen by the guys who beat him up. Good thing they didn’t have any deadly weapons or he might be dead by now. And good thing somebody came to save him. Whoever saved him must be an angel.

                His eyes landed on the staircase when he noticed somebody going down. The first thing he saw was a small foot followed by another one.

                Little by little a girl with average height and sporting an oversized T-shirt was revealed to him. He even thought that she was not wearing shorts because of how large her shirt was. But when she rubbed her eyes her shirt pulled up a bit revealing her black shorts that only covered one-third of her thigh.

                Is she the one who saved me last night?

                Her hair was messy, and it looks like she still wasn’t aware of her surroundings and was still sleepy. Her eyes were closed and she was unsteadily walking but her feet knew where it was going. She scratched her left cheek.

                A smirk can be seen on his face because of what he was seeing. She was just so y, being so unaware and all. With her disheveled hair and bare feet. Everything about her just amused the hell out of him. He couldn’t believe that anyone could look so damn beautiful in the morning, being such a mess and all but still managing to look y, and staggering around completely oblivious to everything.

                He continued watching her. It looks like she still hasn’t realized that she has a visitor. His smirk turned to a smile. She went straight in front of the TV set and stooped to turn it on when suddenly her finger froze. She stood up straightly.

                He tried to stop himself from smiling when she suddenly turned to him. But he was not sure if he had successfully concealed the amused glint in his eyes.

                “Good morning,” he greeted.

                Her eyes widened in shock like she didn’t know what to do. And that amused him even more.

                She blinked. “Ah… G-good morning,” Her face was contorted. She was stuttering like an idiot. Then she hurriedly ran. He heard the door being slammed.

                He almost burst out laughing.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

comments are well appreciated :)