Cooties

Kid!Kyumin Oneshots

 

Cooties 
Sungmin's POV
Tomorrow is my first day at my new school. My daddy got a job in a farther city so we have to move and I have to change schools. My parents and I are driving to the new home. I haven't seen the house before, but mommy said I'll like it and it is close to a park. We have been in the car for soo long. I'm tired. I yawned. 
"Sungminnie, you should take a nap. I'll wake you up when we are at our new home," Mommy said. 
"Ok," I answered. 
I rested my head against the car door and slowly fell asleep. 
I woke up as my daddy picked me up from the car. 
"Oh, you're awake," he said and put me standing up on the floor. 
I rubbed my eyes and looked at our house. It looks nice. The moving vans weren't here yet. We went inside the house. It's a one story house and it is about the same size as our old house. We looked around the whole house. 
"This is your room," Mommy said. 
She opened the door and I walked in.
"Kyaa!! It's pink," I squealed. 
The walls are bright pink and the carpet is light pink! They laughed a me.
"You like it?" Mommy asked. 
"Yes. Thank you," I said and hugged both of my parents. 
There was knocking on the door. We went to the front door and Daddy opened the door. 
"Hello Mr.Lee. Would you like us to bring your boxes in now?" A man asked. 
"Yes. Thanks," Daddy said. 
Daddy helped them take the boxes out from the big van and into the house. Mommy and I sat on the porch. 
"Are you excited about your new school?" she asked me. 
"I don't know. What if i don't make any friends?" I said. 
"Who wouldn't want to be friends with you? I'm sure you will make friends," she assured me. 
I smiled. I hope my classmates are nice and treat me well. In my old school I had lots of friends. Most of the class got along with each other. 
"I hope so," I said. 
Most of the boxes were already in our house. 
"I'm so tired," Mommy said and rested her head on her hand. 
"Are you going to sleep?" I asked. 
"No, not yet. I'll wait until all the boxes are inside and the beds are set up," She said. 
"Do you like the house?" She asked. 
"Yeah, it's nice, but I miss our old home," I said and pouted. 
"I know. But we'll get used to living here," Mommy said. 
I nodded. 
I really want to go to the park right now since I have nothing to do, but Mommy won't let me go alone. I would ask her to come with me, but she's tired and I don't want to make her more tired. 
How far away is the park? I was asleep during most of the ride here so I didn't see the park. 
"All the boxes are inside and the beds are set up," Daddy announced looking tired. 
"Ok. We should all sleep," Mommy said and got up from her seat. 
"I'm so tired," she mumbled and walked into the house. 
Daddy chuckled at her. I held my arms up motioning for Daddy to pick me up. He pulled me up and I wrapped my legs around him. 
"You're too old for this," Daddy sighed. 
"No I'm not!" I yelled. 
I am at a perfect age to be carried by my parents. 
"Ok,ok. Sorry. Don't yell. Your mom will hit me if she finds out I got you mad," he said. 
Daddy carried me upstairs and into my room. 
"Omo! My bed is pink, too," I said. 
He put me on the bed. I layed down under the blanket. He tucked me in and kissed my forehead. 
"Goodnight Sungminnie. Your nightlight is in one of the boxes. Will you be ok if I leave the hallway light on and leave the door a little open?" He asked. 
"I-I'll be ok. Goodnight," I said unsurely. 
He left my room and left the door a little open. I-it's really dark in here. Mommy didn't check for monsters in my room. Who knows what type of monsters could be hiding in my closet or under my bed or right by me?! Ok, calm down Sungmin. Just think good things and sleep. Good things. Unicorns. Candy. Toys. Shinee objects. 
"Zzzz."
"Wake up Sungminnie," Mommy said while my hair. I opened my eyes and squinted at the light. 
"Mmh," I mumbled. 
"Come on. Get up," she said
She ruffled my hair and left my room. I sat up then slowly walked to the bathroom. I thoroughly brushed my teeth and showered for my first day of school. I have to have a good first impression if I want the teachers and students to like me. I wrapped a towel around me and went back to my room to get dressed because I forgot to bring my clothes to the bathroom. I finished putting on my clothes when Mommy opened the door. 
"Mommy, I could have not been dressed!" I whined. 
"I'm your mom. It doesn't matter," she said. 
She sat on my bed and watched me comb my hair. 
"Is your backpack packed?" Mommy asked. 
"Yes. I just need my lunch box," I said. 
I picked up my backpack and we went to the kitchen. Daddy was there eating his breakfast. 
"Good morning Daddy" I said. 
"Good morning," he said and pecked my cheek. 
I sat by Daddy and began to eat my eggs. 
"When do I go to school?" I asked. 
"Hm. We should leave in a few minutes so we can get their early and talk to the principal and your teacher," Mommy said. 
I ate the rest of my eggs quickly so we can leave. Mommy handed me my lunch box that she packed. When my parents were talking to each other I snuck a chocolate bar into my lunch box. They don't allow me to eat as much candy as I did before anymore. My dentist said I have a lot of cavities and my teeth are going to rot. But, I don't care. When my teeth rot I'll get dentures and eat all the sugar I want and I won't get cavities. 
"Are you ready, Sungminnie?" Mommy asked. 
I nodded and put on my bag. 
"Byee Daddy," I said and waved at him. 
"Bye," he said and waved back. 
Mommy and I went in the car and drove to school. I checked if I have everything in my bag once more during the ride. 
Pencils, check. Eraser, check. Binder, check. Notebook, check. Colored pencils, check. Everything's there. Before I knew it, we already arrived at the school. I looked out the window at the white school and students who were talking or running around. I exited the car and went to the office with Mommy. I stayed close to her side. 
A lady in the office was organizing stacks of papers. 
"Excuse me," Mommy said. 
"Yes?" The lady asked and stopped what she was doing. 
"My son transferred here," Mommy said. 
"Oh,yes! I have his papers right here," the lady said and picked up a paper from her desk. 
She read through the paper.
"Sweetie, is your name Lee Sungmin?" She asked me. 
"Yes," I said and nodded. 
"Ok. It says you are in third grade and in Mr. Kim's (Kibum) class. I'll take you to your class, sweetie," she said. 
Mommy, the office lady, and I went to my class. 
"Sungminnie, I'm leaving now. Be good. Goodbye," Mommy said and kissed my forehead. 
"Byee~" I said. 
"Are you ready to go to class?" The lady asked me. 
"Yes," I answered. 
She opened the classroom door and entered with me following behind her. The desks were set up with two desks pushed together so two people sit together. The whole class was looking at me. I felt shy and looked down. She whispered something to Mr.Kim and left. 
"Okay class, we have a new student. Treat him well. Please introduce yourself," Mr.Kim announced. 
I shyly looked up at the class and said, "Hello. I'm Lee Sungmin."
A random female student shouted out, "Are a girl or a boy?!"
The class laughed loudly. I looked back at the floor and blushed. I get mistaken as a girl a lot because of my cute face and I wear pink clothes. 
Mr.Kim quieted the class.
"Seohyun! Do not be mean to Sungmin or you can go talk to the principal and he is a boy," he scolded Seohyun. 
I heard a huff which probably came from Seohyun. 
"Sungmin, you can take a seat by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, raise your hand," Mr.Kim said. 
The class gasped and whispered to each other. I wonder what they are taking about. A boy who seemed taller than me raised his hand. I sat in the seat next to him and put my bag under my desk. I glanced up at Kyuhyun and saw him scoot his chair a little away from me. Why did he do that? I was going to say hi to him, but Mr.Kim began teaching the class. 
"Take out your math notebook. We are going to learn long division," Mr. Kim announced. 
I sighed. Math is my worst subject. I need to pay extra attention to the lesson. I took out my math notebook from my previous school from my bag and copied what Mr. Kim wrote on the board. 
I don't understand a few of the problems Mr. Kim worked out on the board...ok most of the problems. I would ask him for help, but he is talking to another student. I turned towards Kyuhyun and put my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He shrugged my hand off his shoulder and turned towards me.
"What?" He hissed quietly.
"U-um can you help me with this problem?" I asked and pointed at the problem on my paper. 
"No," he said and continued doing his math homework. 
"Thank- wait, did you say no?" I asked in confusion. 
"Are you deaf? I said no," he repeated. 
"B-but," I mumbled. 
Kyuhyun shushed me. 
Meanie. He seemed nice before he talked. 
The person sitting behind me tapped my back. I looked back at the boy. 
"Don't mind Kyuhyun. He doesn't like talking to people," he said. 
"Oh," I said. 
"I'm Ryeowook, but you can call me Wookie," he said and smiled at me. 
"I'm Sungmin. You can call me Sungminnie or Minnie," I said and smiled back at Wookie. 
"Do your work," Kyuhyun scolded Wookie and I without looking up from his paper. 
I turned back around and stuck out my tongue to Kyuhyun causing Wookie to laugh. He didn't seem to notice me do that. 
The bell rung signaling lunch. I stayed in my seat trying to figure out how to do a math problem. I'll just finish this and leave. After a while, I still go no where with solving it and felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Kyuhyun. I looked around the class and noticed it's completely empty except for Kyuhyun and I. How long was I trying to do one problem? 
"Where is everyone?" I asked him. I don't like him, but he's the only one I can ask. 
"At lunch. Mr. Kim told me he's going to teacher's lounge to eat and that we could stay here if we want," he said. 
"Oh. I didn't notice anything. Uhm, are you staying in class?" I asked. 
I put my pencil and homework in my bag. 
"Yeah," Kyuhyun said. 
He took out his lunch box from his bag and set it on his desk. 
"Why?" I asked curiously. 
It's strange that he eats alone in a classroom and doesn't eat in the cafeteria with everyone else. 
"I like it better here," he said. 
"But you are all alone here," I said. 
I feel bad that he spends his lunch alone. 
"I don't mind being alone. Now stop talking to me so I can focus on eating," he said. 
I'll ignore his rudeness.... I smiled widely at him. Kyuhyun looked at me curiously.
"I'll stay with you," I said still smiling. 
"Leave. You bother me," he said then bit into his sandwich. 
My smile faltered. 
"No. I'm staying with you forever," I said. 
Kyuhyun choked on his sandwich. I rushed out of my seat and stood behind him. I patted his back until he was okay again. 
"Are you okay?" I asked concerned. 
Kyuhyun coughed, "Uh yeah. I uhm ate too fast..."
"Be careful," I said. 
Kyuhyun surprised me by just nodding and not saying a snarky remark. I sat back in my seat. I got out my lunchbox and took out my sandwich. Before I could take a bite, Kyuhyun laughed then covered his mouth. 
"What's funny?" I asked. 
"Your lunchbox," he said while pointing at my hello kitty lunchbox. 
"What's funny about it?" I asked and pouted. 
"Uh nothing," he said. 
I took a big bite out of my turkey sandwich and munched happily. I love food~. 
I finished my lunch and put my lunchbox back in my bag. Kyuhyun already finished his lunch before me. He was staring off into space. I poked his nose to get him back to reality. He flinched and blinked a couple of times. 
"Sungmin, you have mayonnaise on your face," Kyuhyun said. 
I wiped around my lips. 
"Is it gone?" I asked. 
"No, it's on your cheek," he said. 
I wiped my left cheek. 
"Your other cheek," he said. 
I wiped my right cheek. 
"You missed it. " he said. 
I think he getting irritated. 
"I'll do it," he said and rolled his eyes. 
He brought his thumb to my cheek and wiped the mayonnaise off. Just as Kyuhyun did so, the classroom door opened and a girl I recognized as Seohyun walked in. 
"Mr.-" she said then stopped. 
"S-Sungmin, you have Kyuhyun's cooties now!" She yelled and ran out of the class. 
I stared at the now closed door in confusion then looked at Kyuhyun. 
"What was Seohyun talking about?" I asked. 
Kyuhyun wiped the mayonnaise that was on his thumb onto a napkin. 
"It's a long story," Kyuhyun said. 
"I have a lot of time," I said. 
He sighed," Ok. It all starts from when Seohyun came to this school about...4 months ago. She would always try to catch my attention and talk to me. She would try talking to me during class and both of us would get in trouble. She's really annoying and I never liked her. One day, about a month ago during recess, she confessed to me. I rejected her, of course. She got mad and said I will regret rejecting her. I laughed and walked away from her. She told the class I have cooties and that if they talk to me or touch me they will catch my cooties. And the class was stupid enough to believe her, but I didn't talk much with them before. So now you have "cooties" because I touched you."
That means Kyuhyun had no one to talk to at school for one whole month except teachers. He must have been so lonely. 
"Well that means no one will talk to me, too," I said. 
Kyuhyun rubbed his neck and said, "Sorry about that."
"You didn't let me finish. No one will talk to me too, so I guess that means we'll have to stick together," I said and sent him a smile. 
Kyuhyun looked at me in disbelief. 
"Really? You really want to hang out with me?" He asked surprised. 
"Really," I said. 
"You promise you're not lying?" He asked still in disbelief. 
"Yes, I promise you I am not lying," I said. 
I caught Kyuhyun smiling before he looked at the floor, hiding his smile. 
"But why do you want to hang out with me? I was mean to you," Kyuhyun asked. 
"Because you don't seem so mean. You look like you're secretly nice to people you like," I said. 
Kyuhyun scoffed, but smiled. 
"That's a little true. But don't expect me not to tease you," he said. 
"What would you have to tease me about?" I asked. 
"Your girl lunchbox" he said and laughed. 
"Hey! It can be for boys, too!" I yelled. 
"Fine. But you look like a girl," Kyuhyun said. 
"You look like a girl, too!" I said. 
"No I don't!" He argued. 
"Okay. You really don't look like a girl. But I look like a cute girl, right?" I asked. 
"No. You look like an ugly girl," he said and stuck his tongue at me. 
"Be truthful," I whined and smacked his arm. 
"Okay. Okay. You are the cutest person I have and will ever see," Kyuhyun said. 
I nodded in approval.
 
We spent the rest of lunch arguing over random things and laughing at each other. I think catching Kyuhyun's cooties could be a good thing. 
 
 

Hi. It's been a long time since I've updated. Sorry sorry sorry sorry. This isn't proofread so I apologize if there are mistakes. Thankyu if you are still subscribed or reading this. 

-Author A