Love Is In The Air: The Ten Hearts

Genesis (Volume 01)

Normally, such wasn't allowed.

Often, it was discouraged.

But love was only natural they said.

So why should it be discouraged?

Based off ß Romantic & Idol

...xXx...

2013. February. 01 - 01:43 AM

The room was brightly lit, normally large and calm. With wood flooring and white walls with musical-note t, the office was a spacious room, covered by the large wooden table and comfortable chairs in the center. A large screen was set up on one side of the room with the door on the left and a few windows - closed and covered now - at the right. In the very back corner stood a large potted plant, well-taken care of, and the projector was held in a special structure on the ceiling. 

Several people were already in the room along with various cameras and a few laptops, typing drowned out by the orders barked by others. Eventually, they settled down and the door swung open, a familiar, bright face coming into view.

 First Female Heart ♀ 

"Hello," she greeted, smiling as she stepped in fully. She bowed, careful not to drop her iced coffee. "S-I-S-T-A-R Sistar! Hello! I'm Hyorin from Sistar! Nice to meet you!"

Name: Kim Hyojung a.k.a Hyorin (21)
Occupation: SISTAR leader & lead vocalist
Company: Starship Entertainment
Debut: 2010 June 3 "Push Push"

Songs: Push Push, Shady Girl, How Dare You, Ma Boy, So Cool, Alone, Loving U
Ideal Type: Bad boys ; like Kim Dongwon-Sunbae

-oOo-

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"Well, normally famous people don't date," she began, sitting in front of a dark red background. She sat in front of a smaller desk, unlike the one from before, and was filling out a paper, pen still in hand as she conducted the interview. "It's discouraged because it takes time and attention."

She looked elsewhere for a moment before her eyes again found the camera.

"It also isn't good for our fans either," she gave a dry chuckle, her smile still lingering. "But...we're people too and we all want that special relationship so..."

She nodded her head in acceptance.

"I honestly think that this is a good idea...or is it not?"

 Or Is It Not

She laughed again, lightly touching her cheeks.

"Ah, it's been so long since I've even thought about actually dating!"

Producer How long? 

"Long," she answered, smiling playfully.

-oOo-

Another soon entered the room, bowing politely with a smile.

 Second Female Heart ♀ 

"Good morning," she greeted softly, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. 

Baek Sumin

Name: Choi Sooyeon (24)
Occupation: Actress & Voice Actress
Company: Soul Entertainment
Debut: 1999 March 31
Breakthrough Role: Cho Chang in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Dramas: Angel's Choice, Coffee Prince, Five Fingers, Phantom, Phoenix
Ideal Type: -

-oOo-

She sat at the same place Hyorin had been at, writing as she listened and answered the questions given.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"...I think it's only natural for people to fall in love, famous or not, so it feels like a good show," she began, soon finished and turning her attention to the interviewer. "...but rather than say anything about love, I feel first I have to fall in love."

Producer Why do you not have an ideal type? 

"Anything can happen. I may fall in love with someone the exact opposite," Sooyeon pointed out, giving a smile. "And...I'm not just saying this-"

She looked elsewhere for a moment but turned back to the camera, the pen spinning nervously in her hands.

"-but because I've spent my whole life focusing in my education and career, I've never dated before nor have I found someone to like," she admitted.

Producer Do you expect to fall in love? 

"Anything can happen," she repeated. "After all, it's love."

 It's Love... 

-oOo-

With long, confident strides, another entered, giving a half-smirk jokingly.

 Third Female Heart  

"Yo," she happily greeted, smiling. "Choi Seungyeon here. Pleased to meet me?"

Lee Dasom

Name: Choi Seungyeon (21)
Occupation: Gagwoman & Solo Rapper
Company: YG Entertainment
Debut: 2007 October 26 - Rapper Debut: 2011 May 12
Shows: Gag Concert, Strong Heart, Invincible Youth 2, Dream Team Girls
Songs: I'm Busy, Can't Nobody, Get It In, I Don't Need A Man
Ideal Type: Manly, funny, and fashionable ; little to no skinship ; Nam Woohyun from Infinite making her rethink though

-oOo-

She finished the paper quickly, answering what first came into her head before thinking it fully through - she wasn't known to be the most paparazzi conscious anyway.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"Drama," she answered right away. "I watched the previous season and all I have to say is that drama's going to be a part of it...but it seems interesting and it has been a while since I've dated."

Producer Nam Woohyun? Why? How? 

"I'm not like other gag woman, you have to admit," Seungyeon pointed out. "Shin Bora and I are one of a kind like G-Dragon, but people still stereotype gag woman. When I see idols on stage I think 'Oh, he's cute.' 'Oh, he has a manly side too.' 'Oh, he's kind of cool.' but I rarely meet them face-to-face...But I happened to meet Woohyun and he was a complete gentleman."

Her voice went up, her facial expression changing to match her emotions.

"I was so surprised. He wasn't manly or funny and he loved skinship to the point it was sickening, but I thought 'Oh he's pretty cool and manly in his own way.' That's why he's making me reconsider my ideal type."

Producer Do you know who else is going to be on this show? 

"Well, I've heard from my sister already that she's going on, but she doesn't know I'm on it too," Seungyeon admitted, giving the producers a knowing look. "Good luck convincing her."

The staff only gave dry laughter in reply.

-oOo-

Another figure entered, giving a smile at the camera and bowing politely.

 Fourth Female Heart  

"Hello. My name is Ailee. Pleased to meet you," she happily introduced. She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry about my clothes. I rushed over from a late night schedule."

Name: Lee Yejin a.k.a Ailee (23)
Occupation: Solo Singer & Actress
Company: YMC Entertainment
Debut: 2012 February 06
Dramas: Dream High 2
Songs: Heaven, I'll Show You, My Grown Up Christmas List
Ideal Type: Muscular and manly ; like Kim Jonggook

-oOo-

Ailee filled out the sheet while conducting the interview, dividing her attention evenly.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"Well, to be honest, I don't know what to think," she admitted, tearing her attention away from the paper for now. "I believe that falling in love is important to express yourself truly in songs, but having only debuted for near a year now, I don't know if this is a good idea. I can see the scandal now."

She laughed as did some of the other staff members.

Producer You expect to fall in love then? 

"Maybe?" she teased, laughing again.

Producer Are there any males you expect to be on this show? 

She thought for a moment.

"I assume someone from an older band will come out - like B2ST or B1A4...Then, I guess there might be a few rookies too? EXO maybe?" she guessed, giving a shy smile.

"Who knows?"

-oOo-

Not long after, another sillhouette entered the room, bowing politely.

 Fifth Female Heart  

"Good evening...or is it morning?" she lightly joked, smiling happily.

Joo

Name: Baek Yejin (23)
Occupation: 2In Main Vocal
Company: JYP Entertainment
Debut: 2011 January 24
Songs: Forget About Love And Sing, Without A Heart, Farewell Is Coming, Goodbye My Love, Close That Lip
Ideal Type: Mature, romantic, and funny ; family-oriented

-oOo-

Yejin smiled brightly, humming to herself as she filled the sheet out with thought.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"It seems like it's a good opportunity for what the famous can't reveal to make open," she began, smiling. "I really want to fall in love and make a love song with my partner about falling in love, not leaving it."

Producer Are there any males you expect to be on this show? 

"Well I know my cousin-partner is going to be on it," she admitted, laughing. "He just coolly showed me the invitation and asked if I got one too. He's too chill sometimes."

"Other than that..." she thought aloud. "I'm not sure. MBLAQ? Ah, but Lee Joon is - well was - married and Mir was in that other show so...Maybe a soloist?"

Producer Is there a female you would want to or not want to be on this show with? 

"My cousin's said this often, but he's a huge fan of Ailee so I hope she comes on this show and he can meet her," she answered, grinning mischievously at the thought. "But who knows? We'll see."

-oOo-

The five girls sat around the table, the producer sitting at the end, facing the screen as the lights were dim, preparing for whatever was to be shown on the screen. 

Sooyeon was the first to speak, turning to Seungyeon and the producer with unreadable eyes.

"She's participating?" she asked, her tone undeniably reluctant. The producer didn't answer for a moment. It was well-known that Sooyeon was over-protective of Seungyeon, regardless if the two fought and were both famous. The idiot who attempted to kidnap Seungyeon mid-stage knew that for a fact.

"Am I not allowed to?" Seungyeon threw back, rolling her eyes as she leaned back on her chair. 

"Only if it was voluntary," Sooyeon responded, not at all fazed.

"Of course it was. Like I would involuntarily go on a program with you and love together," Seungyeon snorted in answer, turning to Yejin instead. "I didn't expect to see you here though."

"Neither did I," Yejin admitted, smiling. "I'm glad Ailee-Sunbae is here though."

"Me? Why?" Ailee questioned, confused.

"Nothing~" Yejin teased, giggling to herself. The producer decided to make himself known.

"Is Sooyeon-Sshi the first to debut?" he asked, getting the facts down first.

"And the oldest," Seungyeon pointed out, smirking. 

"And you're the youngest," Sooyeon threw back with a roll of her eyes.

"I debuted latest though," Ailee added with a polite smile. The producer soon found their attention again.

"The name of this program is 'Love Is In The Air' and it will take place for 2 weeks," he informed.

 Love Is In The Air 

"There will be no managers, scripts, stylists - nothing. They will all be prohibited. You will be making all decisions on your own," the producer continued, looking through the papers in front of him.

 All Decisions On Your Own 

"We do our make-up on our own you mean?" Seungyeon questioned, surprised. The producer nodded.

"That's a bad idea," Hyorin protested, immediately laughing in embarrassment as everyone turned to look at and laugh along with her.

 That's A Bad Idea 

"But more importantly, I'm going to die of curiosity," Seungyeon added, leaning forward a bit. She turned to the producer. "Can't you tell us about the male partners?"

Yejin snickered, drawing attention.

"What?" Seungyeon questioned, confused. 

"Nothing~" she waved off, turning to the producer. "A lot of the males are probably young, but are there older ones too?"

"Ah I was wondering about that too," Ailee agreed, turning to the producer with as much intensity. "Can you tell us their ages?"

"Do you prefer younger or older?" one of the writers asked.

"It doesn't matter to me," Sooyeon voiced, causing the studio to break out in laughter. 

 It Doesn't Matter 

"I for one prefer guys older than me," Seungyeon pointed out, smirking at her sister's statement.

"Me too," Yejin added, sighing. "I'd rather date someone older."

"There may be guys who prefer older women," the writer pointed out.

"He can date someone older than," Seungyeon agreed. "Just not me."

 Just Not M

Again, laughter filled the air.

"In all, it'd be good if we all found dates," Hyorin summarized jokingly. 

"It seems both the males and females are eager," the producer teased.

"Does that mean they're in this building now?" Sooyeon deduced, raising a brow. Seungyeon laughed, giving her sister a high five while the other girls looked at the staff hopefully. 

"Yes," the director admitted. He quickly cut in. "But, we will be busy deciding on other things now."

"Other things?" Ailee repeated.

...xXx...

The room was similar to the one previously in all but occupants. Different staff members hurriedly settled in the room as the first of the male participants arrived. 

 First Male Heart ♂ 

"Good evening," the first greeted, bowing politely.

Name: Baek Inho (24)
Occupation: 2In Lead Rapper, Leader
Company: JYP Entertainment
Debut: 2011 January 24
Songs: Forget About Love And Sing, Without A Heart, Farewell Is Coming, Goodbye My Love, Close That Lip
Ideal Type: Christian ; pretty smile ; good singer ; Ailee

-oOo-

As the girls did, he also sat in a room, the background a dark blue unlike the females' red, and filled out a sheet of paper.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

He was silent for a moment.

"Idol or not, we all deserve to love and have someone love us so I think this is a good opportunity to expand," he answered.

Producer If Ailee came out on the show, what would happen? 

There was no doubt in his answer.

"I'd faint and go to heaven," he promptly revealed, scratching his head with embarrassment.

-oOo-

Another soon entered the room, grinning happily.

 Second Male Heart ♂ 

"So beast! Hello! Kikwang from B2ST here," he introduced with a bright smile. "Nice to meet you!~"

Name: Lee Kikwang (22)
Occupation: B2ST Lead Vocal & Main Dancer & Face
Company: Cube Entertainment
Debut: 2009 October 16
Songs: Bad Girl, Mystery, Shock, Breath, Beautiful, Fiction, Beautiful Night
Ideal Type: Beautiful smile ; nice voice ; fun to talk to

-oOo-

Kikwang was quick to fill in the paper, pausing only every now and then as he wrote.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"I think it's a good idea," Kikwang enthusiastically declared, smiling. The staff members chuckled lightly and he looked at them surprised and playfully offended. "What? I'm not kidding."

The staff members laughed again.

"Well, if we sing love songs and perform love song dances, then shouldn't we be in love during that time?" he pointed out, using hand gestures and playfully exaggerated hand motions.

Producer Is there anyone in particular you'd like to come on the show? 

"Uhhh...there is," he admitted, smiling shyly at the thought. "I've said this before, but I've been a fan of Choi Sooyeon for a while now, especially after her role in Angel's Choice."

Producer And if she comes out? 

"I have to get her phone number of course," Kikwang joked, laughing along with the staff members.

-oOo-

Soon after, another figure entered the room, giving a polite smile.

 Third Male Heart ♂ 

"Hello. I'm Cheondung from MBLAQ," he greeted, bowing. "Please take care of me."

Name: Park Sanghyun a.k.a Cheondung (22)
Occupation: MBLAQ Lead Dancer & Lead Rapper
Company: J.Tune Entertainment
Debut: 2009 October 15
Songs: Oh Yeah, Y, Cry, Stay, Mona Lisa, This is War, Run
Ideal Type: Cute ; aegyo-filled ; like Wonder Girls's Sohee-Sunbae

-oOo-

He adjusted his hat with one hand as he filled out the paper calmly.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"Well, as Lee Joon is - was perhaps - 'married' and Mir starred in the partner show, I find that I'm rather jealous," he admitted, pausing in his writing. "It makes me want to find my own soulmate as well and I'm hoping we'll meet here."

Producer Is there anyone you consider your "destined one" like Mir-Sshi? 

"At the moment, no," Cheondung answered, thinking for a moment. "Well, there is one...Ah wait! I shouldn't say it here! Are you guys trying to create scandals?" 

The staff members only laughed.

-oOo-

Another male soon entered the room, giving a polite bow.

 Fourth Male Heart ♂ 

"Hello," he greeted, smiling brightly. "I'm L.Joe from Teen Top. Pleased to meet you."

Name: Lee Byunghun a.k.a L.Joe (19)
Occupation: Teen Top Lead Rapper
Company: T.O.P Media
Debut: 2010 July 9
Songs: Clap, Supa Luv, No More Perfume On You, Crazy, To You, Be Ma Girl
Ideal Type: Cute ; aegyo-filled 

-oOo-

He twirled the pen lightly between his fingers, calmly filling out the paper.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

"Honestly?" he questioned for a moment before continuing, laughing lightly. "I don't know what to think."

Producer Is there anyone you expect to come out onto the show? 

"Not really," L.Joe answered honestly. "I'm just hoping there's someone who's...within my height?"

The staff members only laughed.

-oOo-

Soon enough, another found his way into the room, holding an iced coffee in one hand.

 Fifth Male Heart ♂ 

"Hi! Park Jay is here," he happily greeted, waving a V-sign at the camera brightly.

Name: Park Jaebeom a.k.a Jay (25)
Occupation: Solo Singer ; ex-2PM Leader
Company: SidusHQ ; ex-JYP Entertainment
Debut: 2010 March 15 ; 2008 September 4
Songs: Nothin' On You, Abandoned, 
Demon, Girlfriend, Know Your Name ; 10 Out of 10, Heartbeat, Again & Again
Ideal Type: Needs chemistry

-oOo-

He twirled the pen in his hand freely, taking a sip of his drink while listening.

Producer What do you think about the show? 

Jaebeom thought for a moment.

"Well, though I think it's a good idea, I also think some scandals are going to arise," he answered, causing a few to laugh. 

 Scandals Are Going To Arise 

"It's true," he retorted, giving a playful wink before turning serious. "But more importantly, I'll ask our fans for understanding and to pray for our happiness - whoever all of us are."

Producer Is there anyone you expect to come on the show? 

"No idea," Jaebeom answered honestly. "But I think it would be cool if someone like Choi Seungyeon comes on the show. She's talented and hilarious. It'd be amazing."

Producer And if she's on? 

"Become her oppa?" Jaebeom joked, laughing.

-oOo-

Both respective producers spoke to their group. 

"The show will be going on for 2 weeks - 14 days and 13 nights," he began, looking at the papers in front of him. "The location will be a place as romantic as Jeju Island is for our partner show. It will be in Hawaii."

  
 The Lovely Location: Hawaii 
 Beautiful Skyline & Blue Sea 
 Nature's Gift At Its Best 
 An Atmosphere OLove 

"To choose couples," the producers continued. "We will be using different couple selection methods."

  
 To Become A Couple... 
 Which Do You Pick? 
 Who Will You Meet... 
 On Destiny's Road? 

"We will play the five different choices now," the producers announced. The males and females turned their attentions to the screen at their respective decisions, curious.

  
 The Red String 

  
 Natural Best Friends 

  
 Opposites Attract 

  
 Thin Line Between Love & Hate 

  
 Love At First Sight 

For a moment, there was silence.

"That was disgusting," Seungyeon broke in, making a face. "I can't-Ew!"

The other girls laughed at her reaction. 

"Really? I think it's so sweet," Yejin thought aloud, sighing. 

"She hates...cheesy," Sooyeon lightly stated, looking over the five choices carefully.

"I think they're all sweet," Ailee protested, blushing lightly as she smiled brightly.

"Ah, it makes me want to meet my own prince charming," Hyorin joked.

Unlike the females, the males immediately reacted - with embarrassed laughter.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Kikwang questioned, curling his fingers at the cheesiness of it all.

"I don't know about this anymore," L.Joe admitted, running a nervous hand through his hair. He waved at the screen of the five choices. "How are we supposed to do...do that?!" 

"It could be worse," Inho comforted, grimacing. 

"You guys chillax!" Jaebeom laughed, smirking at their reactions. "It's not a big deal. Besides, it's rather romantic isn't it?"

"Romantic," Cheondung mocked lightly, making them laugh again.

-oOo-

"Mm...personally, I like the love and hate one best," Seungyeon admitted, fanning her red face.

 Seungyeon's Mixed Beginning 

"Shouldn't the eldest go first?" the producer questioned lightly.

"I'd rather not," Sooyeon answered, giving an embarassed smile and causing slight laughter. 

"I liked the red string best," Ailee threw out, smiling as always.

 Ailee's Fated Meeting 

"Oh really? I liked the best friends," Hyorin added, surprised. "It's amazing that our choices haven't collided so far."

 Hyorin's Childish Greeting 

"I was hoping to get the opposites," Yejin stated, smiling. "We're all psychic!"

 Yejin's Unexpected Encounter 

"Or unique," Sooyeon joked. "Especially since I was eyeing the love at first sight."

 Sooyeon's Surprising Start 

"Seriously?" Hyorin questioned. "That's amazing!"

"None of our choices matched," Seungyeon agreed, smirking. 

"It must be fate," Aileee added, smiling.

 It Must Be Fate... 

-oOo-

"For me, I know I can't take the best friend one," Jaebeom began. "It'd be too awkward since one of my best friends is a girl."

"I'd rather not take the love and hate one," Inho added, stoic as always.

"Ah! They're all so cheesy!" L.Joe complained, messing his hair up with embarrassment before slamming his head on the desk. 

"I have no idea what to choose," Kikwang admitted.

"We have to anyways," Cheondung reminded, looking embarrassed.

-oOo-

 The First Steps Of Fate... 

"Ah I'm so nervous," Yejin squealed.

"I don't think I can do this," Kikwang joked.

"Sleep? Of course," Seungyeon teased.

"How romantic can this be?" L.Joe wondered aloud.

"This is the first time..." Sooyeon muttered.

"This feeling...is like when I was first accepted into MBLAQ? Well, similar," Cheondung admitted.

"I feel like I'm on a hidden camera or something," Hyorin laughed.

"The most popular...me?" Jaebeom answered.

"Who knows what's going to happen?" Ailee asked.

"Let's leave it to fate," Inho encouraged.

 And Now... 

 They Take The First Step...