Totally: Your Fault

Genesis (Volume 01)

A beginning on its course or far strayed?

A relationship born for good or bad?

An unblossommed love or a hatred deeper than blood?

...You can ask.

Inspiration ß AthleticShawol

...xXx...

Her first reaction was to yelp, holding back the string of curses that threatened to pour from because d@mn, the coffee was hot! 

Her second reaction was to glare, her eyes automatically zeroing in on the now-empty coffee cup on the floor. She reminded herself that it wasn't the visitor's fault and plastering on her best business smile, she looked up reassuringly to the male, finding him only a few inches taller than she was.

"Sorry about that," he apologized, frowning. "I didn't expect a tomboy to stand in a blindspot like an idiot."

She frowned, tilting her head to the side.

"Like an idiot?" she repeated. "I didn't expect a meat-headed jock to plow ahead without looking either. I guess both of our expectations were just let down."

The male frowned at her. 

"Do you know who I am?" he asked, tilting his head. 

"Do you know who I am?" she repeated, crossing her arms. 

"I'll take that as a no," he decided. He half-smiled. "But you've probably heard of me."

"It's a no because I don't care enough about a jerk who can't just apologize and move on with his life to even know his name," she retorted, rolling her eyes. 

"I'm Minho, Choi Minho," he introduced, chuckling. "And before you ask, yes I am the Choi Minho - the one who is the captain of the basketball and soccer team."

"Oh I did hear about you," she recognized, blinking quickly. He smirked, obviously pleased with her words. "I heard how much of a jerkface you are and how you sleep with anything in a skirt."

He gawked and she smirked this time. 

"Yeah. Sorry to say you have nothing going for you," she stated, picking up his coffee cup. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to clean up your mess."

"Wait a second," he called firmly, grabbing her by the wrist. She paused, glaring at him. 

"Let go-"

"Soojung?" a soft voice called as a familiar face turned around the corner. 

"Oh Um-Sooyeon," Soojung called, cutting herself off before the weirdo used her mother-daughter-like relationship against her. 

"Soojung there you are," Sooyeon recognized, smiling. Her smile quickly turned upside down. "What happened?"

"Just a spill," Soojung answered without hesitation. "We're already over it."

She glared up at Minho but he wasn't looking at her already.

"We're not over it if the insults are any indication," he began, immediately denying her companionship in the face of the small female. "But I am sorry. I was actually looking for you Sooyeon."

"The math project," Sooyeon stated aloud as though some form of a reminder. "Soojung, I have an extra shirt in the back. It might be a little small but it's better than burning yourself. You should go change." 

"You're working with this idiot and you don't even want me to watch you?" Soojung questioned, gaping. 

"Soojung, Minho is a jock but he's smart too," Sooyeon reprimanded. "And I know he has a smart mouth-"

"Hey!" Minho protested.

"-but you shouldn't raise to his taunts like that either. Now go change," she ordered firmly. 

"Bu-"

"Now," Sooyeon repeated. Soojung huffed but walked off, already hearing the beginnings of another lecture towards the male as she walked away.

"And you Minho, this is a library. What were you thinking? And what is with your language young man? You know how Kibum and I feel about it and-"

-oOo-

Her first reaction was shock, followed quickly by disbelief. 

Her following reaction was anger and she turned to glare at the perpetrator, looking up automatically and matching surprised brown eyes. 

"Standing in the middle of the aisle is not polite," the male blurted out, his eyes flitting to hers and then the book in her hands. Coffee stained its cover and pages, blotching the words and making it unreadable. 

"An apology would also be nice," she reminded icily, looking up at him expectantly. 

"Oh, uh, sorry," he muttered, eyes dropping to the floor. He swiped the empty cup off of the ground and glanced at her again. "Do you-Did you happen to see Soojung? If you know her I mean. We have this history project and-"

"Daniel you're late. A whole hour late," Soojung cut in, frowning. She turned to the shorter. "Hey Sooyeon, Minho's looking for you. Again. Go meet him at the front before I punch him, please?"

The taller female blinked, obviously alarmed.

"What happened to your book?" she asked gesturing to her now-soaked copy of "A Scandal in Bohemia."

"An accident," Sooyeon answered curtly, her lips pursing with subtle distaste. "If you'll excuse me."

She left then, cradling the short story in her arms.

"I hope to all the deities ever worshipped that you did not ruin her book," Soojung hissed at the male. 

"And if I did?" he whispered back, partially confused and partially scared by her fear. 

"Then I hope you and her don't talk much. Or that you're great at making apologies. Or that you know how to grovel," Soojung explained, raising an eyebrow. "Because that was her favorite book and the last momento of her father you just destroyed."