Reflection: Conclusion

Genesis (Volume 01)

It was our happiness.

Regardless of what others said.

We created chaos.

But regretted nothing.

Based Off ß Reflection Group by LoveDonghae (ø)

...xXx...

It was three months...of pure, undeniable h*ll. Of the group, the best speakers with the strongest hearts - Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, Kyuhyun, Kyo, Kailin, Xiuxiu, and Yoonji - went on shows, explaining to the public desperately what was going on and what wasn't. 

It was love.

It had to be obvious. 

What other crazy, stupid reason would they have for endangering their careers and each other?

They told everyone's stories, in order.

They always began with the leaders' stories, depending on which group they asked.

If they asked Reflection, they began with Sooyeon's, talking about how it had begun with close friendship from trainee days, simply Sooyeon teaching him Korean and him teaching Sooyeon some Mandarin, to help integrating with the group and soon with the visa scandal. They talked about how it just turned naturally into a relationship - the first relationship.

If they asked Super Junior, then they began with Leeteuk's, talking about how they had no relations at all. They talked about how it was only with the other Super Junior and Reflection members that the two even interacted, but eventually started realizing the good in each other and acknowledging each other, somehow falling in love and becoming a couple - the eighth couple.

Then they moved on.

If they had finished Sooyeon's story, then they continued with Kyo's, talking about how it was natural to see the two moodmakers together - to see them laughing together, with others, at each other - and how they simply fit well, like two pieces of a puzzle. They talked about how they harbored secret crushes for each other before finally confessing on Kyo's birthday, becoming an item - the second item.

If they had finished Leeteuk's story, then they continued with Heechul's, talking about how the two actually began on bad terms - like something off of a drama - and fought constantly with each other. They talked about how they fought but fell in love with each other, crossing that line between love and hate, eventually fighting, confessing, and kissing on Valentine's Day to accept each other- the thirteenth duo.

Then they continued.

If they had finished Kyo's story, then they would move onto Kailin's, talking about how their love started with teasing by the other members, something about their alike personalities and their talent in Chinese martial arts, but later developed into real friendship. They talked about how their friendship was just friendship, but naturally developed into something more - the third relationship.

If they had finished Heechul's story, then they would move onto Hankyung's and then Yesung's, talking about how their relationship began as simple trainee buddies, practicing and enduring together, staying that way for most of time. They talked about how the two fought for the first time and became a couple as soon as they made up - the tenth couple.

Then they moved on.

If they had finished Kailin's story, then they continued with Yoonji's, talking about how it hadn't begun even as friendship but as student-and-teacher as Yoonji was busy installing confidence and poise into the young male while he was teaching her a few tricks on her vocals and a little bit of Korean culture. And yet it had somehow progressed into something more and become something else - the fourth item.

If they had finished Yesung's story, then they continued with Kangin's, talking about how he had frightened her and how she had avoided him every MV session even though they were partners until the other group members got fed up. They talked about how they locked them in the living room together, without letting the leaders know, and waited for something to come out of it, not expecting what had - the eleventh duo.

Then they continued.

If they had finished Yoonji's story, then they moved onto Machiko's, talking about how their relationship began with plots and pranks together, just harmless but annoying little events like throwing water on the members, especially on stage. They talked about how it became natural to see them act like siblings, lovers they had teased, and lovers they soon became - the fifth relationship.

If they had finished Kangin's story, then they moved onto Shindong's and then Sungmin's and then Eunhyuk's and then Donghae's, talking about how they so easily accepted each other, just natural friends that always hung out, sprawled on the couches together, talking and laughing. They talked about how they just hung out together on programs and just matched, just somehow naturally coming together - the ninth pair.

Then they moved on.

If they had finished Machiko's story, then they continued with Miyoung's, talking about how the two had an odd rivalry respect going on, both being competitive gamers and holding a love for wine older than their age. They talked about how the whole relationship was obvious and was just the boy teasing the girl and being evil like in elementary school but eventually finally became the teasing couple - the sixth couple.

If they had finished Donghae's story, then they continued with Siwon's, talking about how their whole relationship was a weird mix as Siwon suddenly turned into a lovesick fool while she had become amused and played hard-to-get. They talked about how everyone had predicted their getting-together, but no one would predict that it would be the girl to ask him out - the twelfth item.

Then they continued.

If they had finished Miyoung's story, then they moved onto Seungyeon's, talking about how it had been an interesting thing, to see Seungyeon so into teasing him but never being too mean and to watch him respond in the way he knew would make her laugh. They talked about how their relationship was neither a surprise nor expected but somewhere in between - the seventh duo.

If they had finished with Siwon's story, then they moved onto Ryeowook's and then Kibum's and then Kyuhyun's, ending the series.

If they had finished with Seungyeon's story, then they continued onto Miho's and then Tsuki's and then Jinju's and then Minhee's and then Xiuxiu's and then Taeli's, finishing their tales.

And that was the end.

They'd drop the stories, finish the schedule, and move onto their next schedule. 

That was what they had done for three months straight, staying out of the public's eye otherwise and going through everything together, enduring.

"Was it hard?" Sungmin questioned, greeting Kailin after a long schedule with a smile and chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Could have been harder," Kailin decided, smiling with a little more energy. She looked around, curious. "Is something going on? The SuJu members look oddly pleased...well, except...you-know."

"Nothing really," Sungmin answered quickly, praying she hadn't noticed. Kailin looked at him suspiciously but shrugged his odd reaction off.

"Well, that was the last schedule. All that's left is either acceptance or rejection," Kailin pointed out, sighing as she collapsed on the couch.

"Hopefully they answer soon," Seungyeon agreed, sitting beside her and sighing. 

"I hope so too," Kyo muttered, collapsing face first on the couch across from them. The rest of the Reflection members soon gathered in Super Junior's living room, sighing. The Super Junior members were out buying dinner and only Hankyung was left behind, moping in his room silently.

There was knock on the door and no one moved for a moment to get it. The members all had the keys and only pesky reporters who were desperate for a more horrifying scoop lingered as well as more than a few Anti-s determined still on their break-ups. 

There was a pause before there was another knock, more insistent this time. 

Finally a voice, a familiar one.

"Open the door before I knock it down."

The CEO. Of course.

Hankyung reluctantly appeared from his room, knowing none of the other Reflection members felt like moving. He sighed before opening the door, blinking at the female who greeted him and shut the door immediately. 

"What'd Soul want?" Xiuxiu questioned, drawing a lazy eye to him and the door, his hand still stuck around the doorknob. She turned to him, raising a brow as she realized something was off.

"Hangeng?" she called with curiosity and part-worry.

"Xiuxiu...can you come to the door and make sure you see what I did?" Hankyung questioned, eyes wide and lips trembling. Xiuxiu pulled herself off the couch at his odd reaction, throwing a suspicious glance his way before opening the door-

She blinked.

-and froze at the sight-

She in a breath.

-and slammed the door closed as Hankyung had done.

"What's the matter with you guys?" Seungyeon asked with irritation, pushing aside Xiuxiu and opening the door wide. "What do you wa-"

And the door was slammed again.

Seungyeon drew in a breath.

"Did you guys see what I just saw?" she wondered, her voice slightly shaky. The two Chinese members nodded wordlessly. Seungyeon took another breath, calming herself before she opened the door.

"You guys ready to let me in now or should I wait longer?" Sooyeon questioned calmly, her hands clasped behind her and chin up, her eyes staring piercingly into theirs.

"Why are you here?" Seungyeon spat first, unable to think of anything else. 

"Because I finished searching obviously," Sooyeon answered, moving past them into the dorm. Her eyes first swept over the mess circling the room before lingering on its occupants. "Well, it's obvious that no one's been cleaning while I was gone."

"You-" Kailin breathed almost silently, surprised, eyes widening.

"Hey. I'm back. Sorry for taking so long," Sooyeon apologized quickly. "Where are the other Super Junior members and Soul? They told me they'd be here."

"They're out buying food. What are you doing in here?" Seungyeon asked again through grit teeth, moving quickly from the door and grabbing the elder by her elbow. 

"I'm done. Now everything's over," Sooyeon answered, her byzantine answer doing little to placate the Reflection members. She put a hand on Seungyeon's gently. "Lend me your laptop?"

"Use your own," Seungyeon spat, unable to help the rage climbing in , knotting and settling there.

"You attacked my room while I was gone...please," Sooyeon reminded though she hadn't actually been there to witness the event. Seungyeon tightened her grip for a moment before pulling away, feeling a sudden guilt that she had, in fact, cracked her sister's laptop in her rampage. 

"Fine," Seungyeon finally answered, in a breath to calm herself. She stomped off while Sooyeon easily began cleaning up the dorms, picking up the trash and tossing it out without delay. While throwing away the garbage, she nudged the messy clothes into three piles against the wall - whites, lights, and darks.

Hankyung watched from the doorway, as if in a dream while the other Reflection members watched in silence, waiting. The room returned to some semblance of normal and clean as Seungyeon returned down, laptop in hand. Sooyeon tossed something small at Seungyeon, obviously expecting her to catch it and not disappointing, she did - a USB.

Seungyeon didn't need prompting and she turned her laptop on, connecting the USB in and opening the first file on it, titled Pictures. Nothing interesting, only every single picture that had been leaked. Only the last one was interesting - copies of the floor plans with circles and triangles at different places that they couldn't really make out. Seungyeon exited that folder before clicking on the second one, the other Reflection members gathering close as Sooyeon continued to clean in the background - she already knew what was in it.

Titled Culprits, the document was a list of IDs, some they recognized and others they didn't. It had their basic information and picture, but under each one in bolded letters was a Role and Reason that, as it stated, told of why they did whatever they did in making the Reflection group's lives miserable. 

Seungyeon scrolled down the list slowly, noting how each person's role became more prominent but their reason more ridiculous - envy, a raise, petty things. She felt a sharp twinge of hurt when she recognized every single one of their managers on the list - every single Reflection manager - and she could tell it hurt the others as well. She looked at the last person, lingering on the stupid reason - jealous - and her role - the boss, the orchestrator, the mastermind of everything. She read the name slowly, twice, breathed out, and began planning out a murder. 

How dare she? Jealousy? She had no chance and obviously no life if she had time to accomplish this. 

"Sis," Seungyeon ground out, too upset to use Korean at the moment. "Is this seriously what I think it is?"

"It should be; otherwise I'd have researched all for naught," Sooyeon answered shortly. Seungyeon grinded her teeth. Normally, she would have rolled her eyes and mulled over her sister's annoying way of speaking, but at the moment she couldn't bother to care, especially since she could tell what her sister had meant. Well duh.

"Soul knows?" Seungyeon guessed. 

"Obviously," Sooyeon confirmed, pausing in her cleaning long enough to roll her eyes before continuing on. Seungyeon memorized the name. She rarely recalled people's names because they rarely left an impression but she knew this young girl and though she always saw her around, she never bothered to remember her name...but now she had a reason to, if nothing else but to promise future pain.

She minimized the document and moved to open another folder/file but was interrupted as the doors slammed open and the Super Junior members and Soul walked in, take-out in their hands.

"Like our surprise?" Leeteuk asked, beaming. He gave Hankyung a quick pat on the shoulder while everyone unloaded the plastic bags onto the table and counter. Hankyung moved aside, but didn't react otherwise. "We thought that returning your leader would be the best bet on anything."

"And to clean the dorms," Kangin added jokingly. 

"Missed her?" Kyuhyun teased, wrapping an arm around Miyoung's waist.

And she promptly burst into tears while Minhee and Xiuxiu looked like a close second.

And the boys promptly, for lack of better terms, freaked out.

"What did I do?" Kyuhyun questioned, clueless. Siwon's eyes widened and he struggled to do something for Xiuxiu and accomplished nothing while Kangin quickly scrambled to do something for Minhee but failed to do anything really.

"Boys," Tsuki spat, rolling her eyes. She wrapped an arm around Miyoung's shoulders and led her into another room while Kangin followed with Minhee. Siwon looked like he'd bring Xiuxiu for a second, but her quick but firm glare stopped him. She may have been emotional, but she was still independent. 

"The dishwasher is running and so is the laundry machines," Sooyeon informed. "No one take a shower in the next hour or it'll have to be a cold one."

She tossed something towards Soul - another USB - that she caught, raising an eyebrow.

"That has all the information on it. I'm going to sleep," Sooyeon stated firmly before walking out of the room, down the hall, and into the room they recognized Hankyung used with Heechul and Leeteuk. Hankyung soon followed and no one stopped him.

"So..." Leeteuk began, giving a half-forced smile. "Who's hungry?"

-oOo-

"It's only been a few months out of dance practice. How could you forget all the moves to our songs?!" Seungyeon complained, passionately drilling Machiko, Minhee, Miyoung, and Miho. "I don't care if you guys are the vocals; we're one group!"

"And life is back to normal," Kibum announced dramatically, beaming as he watched Seungyeon work their butts off. 

"And you like her like that?" Kangin questioned, raising an eyebrow. 

"She's passionate about her work. I like that," Kibum admitted appreciatively. His eyes traced her figure. "Especially when she's like that."

"Don't check my sister out in front of me," Sooyeon warned, passing behind the two. The two near-cursed before forming it into a less offensive and slightly more random word.

"Hey you two idiots over there! Get down and give me 20! Who said you could slack off huh?" Seungyeon ordered, pointing at the two males.

"We're not even a part of your gr-"

"Down!" Seungyeon firmly shouted at them across the room, cutting Kangin off. The two dropped to the floor obediently.

"Your girlfriend's a b***h," Kangin cursed as he did his push-ups. A heavy weight dropped on his back surprised him, making him slam against the ground with a groan.

"Cursing isn't allowed," Sooyeon reprimanded, walking off. 

"And how does Hangeng deal with her?" Kangin added, sighing as he pulled the heavy stack of books off his back.

"The same way I deal with you," Minhee teased, jumping on his shoulders. Kangin grumbled but his eyes shined with joy and though it had been months, they knew that in a way, many things had gone back to normal.

-oOo-

"You ," Tsuki declared, glaring Sooyeon down. "You leave, come back, and then declare you don't want to be a member anymore?!"

"I never stated I did not long to," Sooyeon threw back, sighing. Of course I want to.

"But even though you can, you're not going to," Xiuxiu pointed out.

"I received another job offer," Sooyeon admitted, raising an eyebrow. "Slightly higher pay and out of fans' way."

"You ," Miyoung complained. "You're being a...a...a poopyhead! You know how much this means to us! The public accepted us - all of us! Now we can perform together and and and go out on dates and-"

"I'm well-aware of that," Sooyeon pointed out. Her phone rang and she answered it.

"Soul...Now?...Well, I'm free anyway-"

"Listen up. We want our leader back so either you offer her a better contract or you kiss your biggest money-makers goodbye," Seungyeon declared, snatching the phone from Sooyeon's hand. She hung up without waiting for an answer before they all got distracted. Sooyeon held an open book to her face, her eyes like crescents as she attempted to hold back her laughter. It was rare for anyone - even the members - to see her laughing and they stared in puzzlement.

"What?" Seungyeon finally snapped, unnerved by her sister's joyful behavior.

"Someone had to replace all the old Moonlight managers," Sooyeon hinted, winking at the group before leaving the training room, the door shutting behind her.

It took a few seconds.

3.

2.

1.

"Sis!" Seungyeon screeched, turning red as she stormed after her elder sister. Sooyeon only laughed.