How To Kidnap An Idol: Step 01 - Kidnap Him

Genesis (Volume 01)

It was a mistake.

A beautiful on-purpose accident.

She loved him.

So she went against everything else.

Inspiration ß My Own

...xXx...

She hadn't meant to kidnap him.

Ok, she had joked around - a lot -when she was younger about kidnapping him, but to seriously do so?

She wasn't that crazy...nor obsessed.

She loved him - admired him even, but not to the point of 'kidnapping' him; he had enough trouble in his life.

And yet...meeting him face-to-face, the only thing she wanted to do is take him away, away from the fans and the stardom and the stupid media.

So she did. 

She was always an impulsive person and fortunately, he seemed to be just surprised. 

Either way, here she was, running away with the guy of her dreams - Kim Jaejoong - and smugly, she thought he didn't seem to mind at all.

Well, she had always been a girl of her word though of all things, she didn't expect to keep those words.

-oOo-

"Thanks for getting me out of that mess," he thanked as the two slowed to a stop at the nearby park, quite the distance from their original place.

She shrugged, looking up at the stars and moon to avoid his gaze. She couldn't tell him he was the only idol she declared hers and that she was going to kidnap him since younger.

"You looked like you needed a hand," she calmly muttered. It was true after all. She looked back at him, seeing him fan himself with one hand from the run. A bead of sweat lazily crawled down his forehead and she blinked. 

They hadn't run that far, had they?

But it didn't take long before she realized it wasn't his sweat as a drop fell onto her eyebrow, falling onto her eyelashes and surprising her eyes as it slid down her cheek, as if she were crying. And another fell, landing on her arm.

Ah, it was raining.

And it poured as soon as she realized.

Without hesitation, she cursed and with only one look back to see if he was following, she went to her home, a modest apartment. The owner barely gave her a glance as she walked in, soaking with a famous guest by her, before walking quickly into the backroom and walking back out with large towels in her arms. 

"Dry off before you catch a cold Minjung," she warned, tossing both of them a towel. "Your friend too."

"It's not my fault it suddenly rained," she sarcastically complained.

"It's your luck," the owner reminded patiently, walking over and helping her.

"Ack! I'll do it myself. You can't act like I'm 12 or something," she complained.

"You act like it," she threw back, finally peering over Minjung's shoulder at her 'guest' as she let go anyways with a final eye roll. He held the towel close to his face, half hiding his identity.

"You too. Dry well. You don't want a cold or anything," she warned, stepping past her and helping him dry his hair.

"Oh it's fine," he politely declined, pulling away. 

"Nonsense," she waved off, going to the back room and pulling out more towels. She tossed them on the soaked duo for good measure before ushering them upstairs.

"I'm turning the heater on tonight," Sooyeon's calm statement came up the stairs after them. 

"Fine," Minjung threw back. She left on the second floor and Jaejoong calmly followed, still wiping himself off as best as he could. She entered her room - 223 - and tossed the towel on the bed, raking her fingers through her hair with a huff. She turned to him finally, acknowledging her deed and his presence.

"You can borrow my neighbor's shower," she announced, seeing him linger awkwardly in the doorway. She pushed passed him, knocking on her neighbor's door with a loud ferocity that she knew would wake him from his sleep.

"Hey! Get off your fat*** and answer the door!" she demanded loudly. There were footsteps and finally the door swung open.

"Xiuxiu, it's past midnight," came his complaint in fluent Chinese with a yawn. "What are-"

He blinked.

"Jaejoong?" he questioned, his voice accented as he spoke in Korean. 

Jaejoong blinked.

"Hankyung?" he recognized, surprised. What was an (ex-)Super Junior member doing here?

"Great; you know each other. Let him take a shower," Minjung ordered, shoving the soaked Jaejoong into Hankyung's room and shutting the door. 

The two idols surveyed each other before Hankyung shrugged.

"Need some clothes too?"

-oOo-

The second he had finished changing, Hankyung's door had swung open and the girl from before entered without permission.

"You finished changing," she stated rather than questioned, throwing an eye over him quickly. "Thanks for lending us your shower Hangeng." 

The said male raised a hand in acknowledgement from the bed, leaning back shirtless as he watched TV. Without waiting for a verbal answer, she then dragged Jaejoong out the door, closing it behind her.

-oOo-

"Are your parents not home?" Jaejoong asked with worry, seeing only her lone pair of sneakers at the door. The apartment itself wasn't luxurious nor high-class, but it was decent and cozy.

"Same as you," she answered simply, wiping off her still wet hair with a towel as she walked into her bedroom, tossing it on a nearby chair. 

"Abandoned or adopted?" he questioned, lingering awkwardly in the doorway of her bedroom. She rolled her eyes, catching his nervousness.

"Both," she stated without hesitation, opening her closet and pulling a large blanket off of the top shelf, letting it unfurl in her arms. She walked past him, ignoring his questioning stares and tossing it out on the couch. She spread it out without care, leaving a messy half-made bed on the couch.

She turned to him again.

"Well?" she asked bluntly, raising an eyebrow as she strode into the kitchen, pulling out a water bottle. She offered it to him but he shook his head, preoccupied with his own question.

"Why am I here?" he blurted out, unsure how to phrase the question.

"Because it's raining," she answered simply, cracking open the new bottle and taking a sip.

"No, I mean, what are you to me that I followed you?" he questioned, as though she would hold all the answers. She blinked, closing the bottle.

"If you want to put it bluntly, I'm your kidnapper and you, my friend, are the kidnappee," she stated bluntly, wondering if it made any sense but not really caring all the same. She lazily put the bottle back into the refrigerator, shutting it calmly before turning to him again.

"You can call me Xiuxiu or Minjung. Either's fine. Sleep whenever, leave whenever, doesn't really matter about anything. You take the bed. I'm getting some shut-eye," she declared, throwing things out so quickly his brain could hardly process it fast enough. She turned off the kitchen light and dimly, against the city's lights filtering through the windows, he could see her slim figure lithely cross the kitchen into the living room and lay against the couch, as though she had done so many times before. 

He stayed silent for a moment, swept up by the events and he felt his feet move on their own. Before he could even realize what had happened, he was sleeping on the bed, mind blank as he was comforted by a silent but sharp scent, a fragrance he guessed was hers, a sweet scent - chocolate.

-oOo-

When he woke up, it was late afternoon and he hadn't slept so long in ages. He stretched, feeling the refreshing feeling of his muscles moving and joints cracking before he got up, still drowsy as he rubbed his eyes with a yawn. The light scent of chocolate still lingered around him, but he pushed it aside as he forgot for a moment where he was and panicked.

Then he remembered and he relaxed. He surveyed the room.

It was simple, devoid of most personal items except for two photos framed on the bedside table. He recognized her in both of them, one with the manager from the day before and a few other girls and the other with a European woman and another Asian girl. Besides that, there was only a bed, dresser, desk, and lamp in the room. He lingered, his eyes sweeping over her embarrassed but pleased face in the pictures, before swinging his legs over the side of the bed and stepping out into the kitchen/living room. 

It was silent. Too silent. 

He scratched his head absent-mindedly before turning on the TV, staring at the playing program without interest. 

Was he really kidnapped or had he dreamed of her answer the day before?

The door swung open and she walked in, flinging off her shoes, dumping her things, and slamming the door closed all in one smooth, practiced movement. She walked into the kitchen, grumbling to herself, before opening the refrigerator, pulling out a soda, and shutting it. Her eyes finally met his and he wasn't sure why he was pleased she was surprised.

"Still here?" she asked, snapping open the tab and taking a drink. He shrugged. He didn't have an answer.

"I may be your kidnapper, but I'm not kidnapping you for good," she joked, taking a seat by him and changing the channel. He hadn't been watching anyways. "Leave when you have activities or when people are looking for you. Just promise to come back and visit."

He didn't know what had possessed him. He shouldn't have stayed, especially knowing his group members would be worried sick and the possible rumors that would arise. He should have seen her as another fangirl, a crazy one who kidnapped his in the middle of chaos. 

But he couldn't.

Was he crazy? Possessed? Enchanted?

There was no word he could quite pinpoint but for some reason, he didn't mind. Didn't mind being with her. Didn't mind pushing everything aside for her. Didn't mind wondering what would happen without her. Didn't mind her silence. Didn't mind that he had thousands of fangirls elsewhere, waiting for him. Didn't mind anything.

"Sure."

She smiled and he was sure he had died and gone to heaven.