Forgive My Sins: The First Sin: Envy

Genesis (Volume 01)

Rumors seemed unreal.

The truth was not far off.

It was no wonder then...

that they were feared.

Inspiration ß My Own

...xXx...

"Who ate the last chocolate bar?!"

A feminine girl stomped out of the cabin, slamming the wooden door open with great force.

She was taller than most girls and skinny but with a nice figure. She wore a white shirt that showed some midriff and a dark blue skirt over black leggings with knee-high combat boots, her long black hair swept into a ponytail. She had on several bracelets - mostly cloth but one of copper, one of silver, and one of gold - with a silver necklace with a heart-shaped locket and a pair of earrings - silver studs that gleamed against her pale skin and dark hair. A sword was hung on over her shoulder on a sturdy leather strap, held only by a thin but strong scabbard, a blue dragon curling around it.

Her heels clicked swiftly and loudly against the wooden deck before she slid down the banister, her black eyes glaring at her fellow crew members.

"Well?" 

Her voice echoed against the wooden boards of the massive ship and only the sound of the waves and passing seagulls answered her.

The ship itself was large, a strong but light wooden object that cut through the ocean waters as a knife through butter. There were two tall masts, rope, sheets, barrels, and crates stacked here and there on the deck, and people of both genders walked around, silent at the moment though normally cheery and full of bright chatter. No one hesitated in their movements or looked ill-treated, but obvious rivalries and hostilities passed through with control on-board. 

"It's just a chocolate bar," one girl dared to answer, yawning as she stepped out of the cabin beside the first's, tall but not quite as tall as the first but just as well-figured.

She had on a white blouse with a fashionable black vest and a pair of worn dark blue jeans with black combat boots. Her ombred brown-to-yellow hair was split into two neat ponytails and she had a silver star clipped to her hair. She had on multiple bracelets on with the same necklace and earrings as the first girl did, but on her waist, a thick belt wrapped around her figure twice, filled with weapons - a sword, daggers, needles, and other sharp things for blood - and tools along with other things, tucked away in pockets hazardously. Her maroon red eyes surveyed her surroundings lazily but sharply.

"Just a chocolate bar?" the first repeated through grit teeth. "That was my chocolate bar Seungyeon."

"Minjung? Guess what?" a bright and cheery voice shouted, echoing down the halls before a girl, shorter than the two and closer to average height, bounded up to the tall female and slipped her arms around her waist eagerly. 

Her light brown hair was up in a ponytail, her bangs falling on one side of her face and covering one of her hazel eyes. She wore a jean skirt to her knees and a black top that was decorated with lace and fake roses but left her shoulders bare with a pair of black high heels that gave her another inch and a half in height, accentuating her well-endowed figure. She wore golden jewelry, also rose-oriented - a necklace, a bracelet, a pair of earrings, a ring - and a large white rose was clipped to her hair. 

"Not now Miyoung," Minjung growled, unraveling the girl's embrace roughly.

"But Minjung-Unnie," Miyoung whined, pouting. "I called you because Umma asked me to."

There was a silent pause.

"Should have said that first then," Minjung mumbled, stomping off into the cabin of the large ship, door slamming closed behind her.

"Came and left like the wind," Seungyeon joked, yawning again. Miyoung turned to Seungyeon, grinning widely.

"Hey Seungyeon-"

"No."

"But you didn't even hear what I wanted!"

"No."

-oOo-

Didn't you hear?

Don't you know?

About who?

You know. Them.

-oOo-

"Sound do-able?" the girl questioned Minjung, her ultramarine eyes flickering against Minjung's own black ones.

The female was short, almost like a child, but her body was fully developed in such a way it was obvious she wasn't. She had on a pair of comfortable dark blue jeans and a black shirt. A belt wrapped around her body twice, filled with many things - weapons, tools, and other useful items - while bracelets wrapped around her wrists, a single necklace and a pair of earrings like Minjung's also wrapped around her. She wore black combat boots and her black hair was parted to the side, held back by a silver crescent moon clip, while the rest pulled into a neat bun.

"Anything you want," Minjung answered, almost carelessly, but everyone except the girl knew of her respect and great admiration.

"Not if I want Minjung," the girl chided lightly. "Can it be done?"

There was a pause.

"Yes," Minjung mumbled finally, averting her gaze. The girl gave a half-smile.

"Start at midnight once we land then," the girl ordered, picking up a thick ornate book on the wooden desk in front of her. She stood up from behind the desk, stretching. "Well then, let's go let the others know now."

"Let's," Minjung agreed, following her lead.

-oOo-

You don't know?

It's them.

Then I'll tell you.

I'll tell you all about them.

-oOo-

"Move out," Minjung muttered, her voice a mere whisper on the wind. Several hid in the shadows with her, but altogether there were no more than ten. Each person wore their own outfit of black, long hair tied back and weapons hidden in different places. The only eye-catching object visible on them was a silver heart-shaped locket, only on Minjung, but even its bright glare was hardly visible against her adroit movements.

The group darted down the poorly lit streets, unseen. They avoided lit lamps when they could, passing by quickly and unnoticed when inevitable. They avoided the drunk and the homeless with unbelievable ease before coming upon their destination.

They entered through the back, slipping in through an unlocked window and landing lithely into the dim basement of the building. Through the cracks of the ceiling, light from the floors above leaked down, making the dark room only slightly more visible. Minjung glanced around, making sure every member was present before signaling to them.

Even against the dark, they could clearly see and read her gestures. She finished her last sign just as the door to the basement opened, flooding the room in light. The group hid with practice, as if they knew every nook and cranny. A shadow passed over the boxes where Minjung was, a light high voice chattering good-naturedly with another one, lower and slurred. 

Minjung cringed inwardly when the two began an intimate act, pushed up against the stacked boxes only a few feet from where she was. She reached into her combat boots, pulling out a blow dart and loading two shots into it. Through the thin cracks, she aimed and shot, meeting both of her targets perfectly. The half- couple slid to the floor, unconscious before they realized what had happened and still clinging to each other, and she along with the rest of the group stepped out of their hiding places, ignoring them.

They crossed to the door, waiting for her signal.

Minjung listened closely then pointed toward the door.

Go.

And they broke down the door, pulling out their weapons.

-oOo-

It is a name of hope, vigilance, and fear.

It is a crew of intelligence, power, and skill.

It is a title of renown, infamy, and connection.

They are the Sins.

-oOo-

"How was the mission Wrath?" 

"Success," Minjung answered the short girl from before, tossing her captive onto the deck roughly. Other members tossed her companions, six other females, beside the tied-up captive.

All seven were females, blessed with charming looks with long hair dyed various colors except one, her hair shorn short and left a natural light brown. They dressed luxuriously and flamboyantly, bright colors of revealing outfits only highlighted by their excessive make-up and jewelry. The one with the short hair had on a pair of glasses, unlike the rest, while another, the one with the longest hair, had a lip piercing. Their hair and clothes were disheveled from the rough trip but were fine otherwise.

The female turned to the captive seven, observing them carefully from her place on the higher level of the deck. Her shadow cast ominously on the girls, her hair whipping wildly against the sea wind.

"Are you all the masterminds?" she asked calmly, her voice somehow clear despite the loud noises around them.

"Of what?" the girl with the longest hair questioned back, her voice guarded but light, wary but also helpless.

"I dislike when people take our name for personal gain."

The short girl walked down the stairs, the people parting for her and quietly observing the spectacle. It wasn't often she was furious but they pitied the guilty parties when she was.

"Your name?" another girl, her hair in a lopsided bun, snorted, turning her nose to the air snobbishly. "No name is above ours! We're the Sins. You know who we are! Let us go or so be it."

"Ah, see? There you go again, throwing our name around," the short girl pointed out coolly, stopping in front of the seven. "Using our name in vain. Not a wise decision children."

"Children?" the female with the shortest hair repeated incredulously.

"Your name...?" the one with the longest hair mumbled, the gears in her brain turning before her eyes widened in realization. "The Sins...the real Sins!"

Her voice was breathless, a testimony to her fear.

The short girl sat on a nearby crate, her feet not yet touching the ground, and crossed her legs, resting her head on her hand.

"So we've established finally. Welcome girls. I'm Pride of the Sins. This is my ship and my crew."

-oOo-

First let's start with the captain, Pride.

She's fair and just, surprisingly enough.

But she's also ruthless and merciless.

Never go against her or it'll be your last.

-oOo-

"I will repeat my question: Are you all the masterminds?"

"No," one of the girls answered quickly, much too quickly. 

Lie with a hidden truth.

"Then who is?" Pride questioned, her eyes sweeping down the line of prisoners. She turned her eyes to the one at the end, her hair in a bob and a long slit up one side of her dress. "Are you behind all this?"

"No ma'am," the female answered, attaching the address with hesitance but fear.

A lie again...but again some truth.

She turned her eyes to the one beside her, the one with the bun.

"Are you behind this then?" she asked lightly, making sure to keep her voice even.

"As if," the girl hissed, eyes slitted.

Another lie and truth...Odd.

"I see," Pride muttered, piecing together the cryptic replies. She looked over each of the girls, placing all she could tell about them into a larger picture, into various situations and different positions before everything fit into a place, like a puzzle.

She turned to the lone one with short hair.

"You are the only one who was not a part of this scheme?" she stated more than questioned. The short-haired female blinked, surprised, opening before she glanced at her companions and lightly cringing, her eyes filling with fear as the other six glared down at her.

"No need to answer anymore," Pride cut the girl off, seeing her fearful expression. She stood up, the life of the ship also stirring with her. She reached over, pulling the girl with short hair to her feet. "Take care of the rest as you see fit Sloth."

"What about us?" the female with the longest hair asked, biting on her bottom lip and tearing the skin, blood staining the silver metal of her piercing.

"It's quite obvious to me what's been transpiring," Pride pointed out calmly, turning to look at the six. "You all came up with the scheme together."

"And her?" the bob-haired one spat, gesturing towards the girl in Pride's arms. 

"She was your scapegoat. You had six but you needed a seventh Sin. So you all chose her to isolate her in fear of when your little ruse was revealed," Pride explained coolly. The girls stayed silent, resignment painted in their expressions. Pride nodded and the girls were taken away one by one by different people, Seungyeon directing each of them. She turned to the short-haired girl, eyes meeting head-on. The girl quickly dropped her gaze.

"Come along. We need to get you some decent clothes and some food. How does tea sound?"

-oOo-

Her first mate is Wrath, her deadly guard.

An assassin who has never once failed.

A person who listens only to her captain.

She is loyal and protective, but only to her loved ones.

-oOo-

"We won't bite," Pride assured, leading the female into the cabin. She walked to a wooden cabinet, pulling out clothes and tossing them into the girl's surprised arms. "These should fit. I'll leave you to change. Let me know when you're ready."

She stepped out of the room, leaving the girl alone.

She stood there for a second, frozen by her circumstances. What was she doing? Here she was, borrowing clothes from the people who had filled horror stories her mom used to tell her, the very people who had caused nobles and the very king himself to throw fits, and yet she was nothing like the rumors proclaimed her to be. 

Then, the girl changed, letting her thoughts wander. Although it was true that the rumors of the Sins made even the bravest and most powerful of men tremble, they hadn't killed her yet, she reasoned, and if they wanted to they easily could have. Therefore, she assumed that they were sincere in their promise to not harm her...yet.

She glanced at herself in the mirror, her short hair the same shade as her brown eyes. She had on a black skirt to her knees and white leggings underneath. Her blouse was a lighter blue and she had on a vest, also black, that clung to her figure. She was surprised to find herself...pleased. The dresses she had been forced to wear revealed too much and clung too tightly; while the outfit given to her was not entirely modest, it kept her covered and though not loose, was flattering rather than inappropriate.

For a second, she almost almost was content with staying with the Sins, but she remembered the rumors again and despite what she had learned today, no rumors were completely baseless. She pushed the door open slightly, almost shy, but another hand reached out, opening the door too forcefully for her liking. 

"You have anything to say to your...companions?" the female from before asked. Faintly, the girl placed her title - Was it Sloth? No. Wrath. Yes, Wrath.

She shook her head a negative. Though her feelings were jumbled at the moment, she knew that she was clearly relieved that she no longer had to suffer under them. Pride appeared next to Wrath.

"Wrath, do what you will. Keep it relatively quiet though," Pride requested - no, ordered; she could hear the gentle authority hidden underneath her voice. Wrath nodded shortly and disappeared.

She fidgeted as Pride looked over her, blinking slowly.

"Your name?" 

"What?" The question came out before she realized it herself and she found herself horrified. The captain of the greatest pirate crew in the world was standing in front of her and savior or not, she could be killed at the drop of a hat!

"Your name," Pride repeated patiently and gently. "It may be an alias if you wish. However, we do need to know how to address you."

"Jin-Nabi," she muttered, almost spilling her real name but fear holding her back.

"Nabi," Pride tested softly. "The clothes fit I see."

"Yes. Thank you," the female answered, her eyes moving to the side to avoid Pride's eyes. Pride smiled, the corners of her lips turning upward.

"Well Nabi, what are you good at?" she questioned, catching her off-guard.

"I'm good at...pleasing a man," she replied, hesitating. Not much of a talent really. Pride made a face at her statement.

"What do you like doing then?" Pride asked lightly, walking down the hall as she followed.

"I like...cooking and sewing," she admitted. Information such as this wouldn't hurt would it?

"Really?" Pride near-whispered, contemplating the answers for a moment. She came to a door, opening it to reveal a large and busy kitchen, packed to the brim and loud. Pride turned to her, her lips lightly turned in a half-smirk-smile.

"Well Nabi, welcome to your first day on the ship of the Sins, the envy of the world. I hope you're a hard-working chef."

-oOo-

Her informant and seductress is Lust.

Undeniable and tempting; guiltless and unashamed.

She has a large circle and a smooth tongue.

She is not above tricks, however.

-oOo-

"I was the youngest before you came so I understand how you feel," Miyoung comforted Nabi, patting her on the back.

"Don't touch me," Nabi snapped back, stirring the pot in front of her. She enjoyed her time with the Sins, surprising but honest. However, she just couldn't get over how touchy-feely Lust was and apparently it was only Lust.

She was going to go crazy.

She detested skinship with a passion and after her last...job, she was determined to never touch another person unless absolutely necessary, which is what made Lust so irritating.

"What are you making?" a familiar voice questioned, startling the two girls.

"Just some chicken soup. Soojin over in the medical ward caught a cold," Nabi answered the female, eyeing her menacing figure with half an eye.

"Wrath, where's Umma?" Lust asked, scrunching her nose up cutely. "I thought that she was with you."

"Was," Wrath answered shortly. "She went out on her own for a bit."

"Why?" Miyoung questioned, genuinely curious.

"She's the captain. I don't know what she's up to," Wrath stated before taking a seat at the table, feet slamming on top of the table. "Where's Sloth? Pride has orders."

"Sloth doesn't tell me where she's going," Lust admitted reluctantly. "Sometimes I don't think she likes me."

"Because she doesn't," Nabi in, rolling her eyes. "She hates skinship as much as I do and you-" She threw a quick glare at the female. "-insist on doing it all the time."

"I do not," Miyoung retorted. "...do I Lust?"

Nabi turned off the flame and ladled some soup into a bowl.

"Yes you do," Minjung answered, yawning tiredly. "I'm going to go sleep."

"Late mission?" Nabi guessed, grabbing a glass of water and spoon and placing it all onto a tray.

"..." Wrath didn't answer for a moment. 

"Your old co-workers."

Nabi paused for a moment.

"Oh."

And she moved on, carrying the tray out the door and on her own way. 

For a second, disbelief overwhelmed her. It had been two months, plenty of time for her old co-workers to be killed or tortured or whatever and be done with it, but somehow, they were still alive and she wasn't quite sure she wanted to know why or how.

Fear and doubt milled about in her head: could she trust the Sins? why shouldn't she? better yet, why should she? what would happen if her co-workers escaped?

And the last question quickly erased her wonderings.

She didn't need to know nor did she want to.

So she hurried to the infirmary with the chicken soup.

-oOo-

Her second mate is Sloth.

Dedicated but lazy, she finishes the job anyhow.

Even so, her results are never less than satisfactory.

She is what they call a genius in disguise.

-oOo-

"Soojin, you wanted chicken soup?" Nabi called, stepping into the room of the ship.

"Back here," a familiar voice groaned. She walked to the back of the infirmary, drawing back the curtain for the last bed in the row and nearly dropped the tray and screamed.

"Don't act like a stranger," Sloth snorted. "Get in here." 

Soojin, a rather tall girl with tan skin and dark brown hair that offset her hazel eyes, laid on the bed, covers pulled up to her chin. Her bangs were matted with sweat and her eyes fluttered open and closed, darting everywhere but hardly taking in her surroundings. A thin, but shining silver band was around her ring finger and her ears were pierced with heart-shaped studs of the same color.

Nabi hesitated for a moment but walked to Soojin's opposite side, putting the tray down on the small table beside her.

"I'm going to die," Soojin complained, groaning.

"Shut up," Sloth snapped, rolling her eyes. "You'll be fine."

She looked to Nabi.

"Help me sit her up so she can eat," she requested. Proudly, Nabi could say she did not hesitate, but she did flinch slightly at the female Sin's rough tone. However, the two were able to pull Soojin up into a slouched position, somewhat resembling someone sitting.

"Give it here," Sloth ordered soon after. 

"Give what?" Nabi asked, genuinely confused. Sloth snorted, rolling her eyes.

"The tray of food," Sloth answered semi-patiently, though her tone was clearly irritated. Obediently, Nabi did so, nervously shifting feet after. As if she had turned invisible, Sloth ignored her presence, spoon-feeding the ill female carefully. Nabi could have gawked at the sudden gentle demeanor; well, Sloth's demeanor was never quite gentle of all things, but it was quite close. Nabi took a step back, hyper aware of how the wooden ship creaked loudly under her feet.

"What are you still here for?" Sloth questioned, rolling her eyes without even glancing her way.

"I'm leaving," Nabi stated quickly, exiting the infirmary before anymore questions could be asked or anymore irritation built up. She turned outside the door, bumping straight into another. 

"Pride," Nabi recognized, bowing politely. 

"I've been looking for you. We'll be stopping by the next port soon. You are free to leave then," Pride informed. Her eyes pierced into Nabi's. "Or...you may join us."

"Excuse me?" Nabi asked, unsure if she had heard properly.

"Join us Lee Jinju, as Gluttony," Pride offered. Without another word of encouragement or discouragement, she her heel and left, leaving Nabi to wonder how she had found her real name and what had just occurred.

-oOo-

The newest one is Gluttony, a talented shipmate indeed.

Whether food, sea routes, or trade, she's on top of it all. 

At times, it's obvious she's the newest members

However, never doubt a Sin. Ever. No matter how new.

-oOo-

"Wrath? Lust?" Pride's ever-calm voice questioned over the earpieces.

"We're in place. Let's hurry," Wrath hissed. "I'm tired of hanging around these erted grandpas."

There was the distinct sound of her slapping someone and Lust calming them down.

"Sloth?" Pride called.

"In place too," Sloth agreed with a yawn. 

"Gluttony?" Pride confirmed.

"Of course," Gluttony answered confidently. "I may be new, but this isn't my first mission you know."

"And the first mission when we were trying to deliver Soojin to our client wasn't a failure," Wrath snorted.

"Hey! I didn't know that he was her husband ok? You guys made it sound like some kind of arranged marriage," Gluttony complained in defense.

"Girls let's remain calm," Pride quieted. "For our Sins, let's begin the plan."

There were sighs and "Finally"-s in complaint, but they listened.

"Lust, Wrath," Pride began, a light smiling her face in a way they knew only a puzzle this complicated would. "Begin Phase 1."

"Yes ma'am," the two chorused. 

Let the games begin.

-oOo-

Greed is a mysterious figure.

Some say that he is a she or that it's a group.

Not much is known about Greed.

However, Greed is undoubtedly loyal.

-oOo-

Shouts rang out in a large mansion, glass cracking open and doors pounded against in vain. Static came over the communicator.

"We're all good here. We're leaving," Wrath snapped immediately.

"All clear!~" Lust agreed happily. The communicator was silent for a minute more. She shifted slightly from her place among the tree branches.

"Greed," Pride called calmly. 

"Which one?" a male asked. "You can use our names you know. We aren't going to bite...unless you want us to."

There was a short pause. She ducked closer to the tree trunk when she saw a shadow pass.

"Nam, start Phase 2," Pride ordered, ignoring the male's flirting. "Kim move in."

"Yes ma'am," the male - Nam - agreed cheekily.

"Moving," another deep male answered. There was silence over the communicators for a moment longer.

"Gluttony, start," Pride requested simply. 

"Yes ma'am," Gluttony immediately answered happily. She moved from her place in the trees and entered from the checkpoint shown to her, running with Nam for a second before they split at the corner.

She began placing what looked like small marbles along the path she ran in, doing so almost mindlessly. However, her whole mind was in the mission. The secretive Greed, never found by the public, was what Pride declared their 'secret weapons' - allies. She only invited one this time - Infinite - ones that Gluttony had heard of only in name, criminals newer but just as large-scale as the Sins.

She was already wearing a gas mask and by now Lust and Wrath should have too. She had only been an official member for a few months, but she knew from experience that Pride rarely let them down and the things that they weren't told were for a reason. 

Faintly, she heard Pride giving more orders - for L (El?) to go along Route A ; Kim to follow Route B ; for all the Lees to retrieve Treasures A, B, and C ; for Kim to retrieve Treasure D ; for Jang to keep lookout.

"Gluttony, finished?" Pride called.

"Just did," Gluttony answered proudly.

"Join Jang out at Point R as lookout," Pride ordered shortly.

"You got it," Gluttony cheerfully agreed before jumping out the nearest window, gripping on thin ledges along the walls and flipping up onto the roof, landing on both feet like an athlete. Jang walked up to greet her with a bright smile. 

"That was fast," he complimented, his arms placed on his waist casually. 

"I suppose," she modestly stated, giving a similar grin in return. She didn't miss the gleam of a knife tucked away in his belt and knew that his casual demeanor was a mere act. "I haven't been on that many missions so I was worried but it seems to be going well."

Jang laughed. 

"There's no way Pride would let you go on the mission if you weren't prepared. Trust me," he reassured, chuckling. Gluttony wryly grinned.

"I picked up on that early on. I was actually a bit worried bec-"

An explosion sounded, shaking the building beneath them.

They both cursed and began dashing in the direction of the dark smoke that flared to life at one end of the large mansion.

"It's funny," Jinju voiced. Jang gave her a questioning look. "Because I messed up my first mission too and I was worried something would go wrong again."

Jang snickered.

"What?" she questioned, narrowing her eyes at the male.

"Don't you know? If she hasn't kicked you out after you messed up, it means she trusts you," Jang pointed out. "It means that you're stuck with the Sins for better or worse whether you like it or not."

-oOo-

Even more than the others, Envy is mysterious.

Nothing at all is known of Envy.

A person? A group? A place?

Who knows but the Sins themselves?

-oOo-

"What's going on Pride?" Kim's voice questioned roughly. "I thought you planned for everything."

"I planned for the moves of the mansion's owner. Not for the moves of another pirate group," Pride pointed out blankly. "Of all groups too..."

"Who?" Gluttony inquired over the ear piece.

A pause.

"Block B...and the Poisons," Pride informed, the distinct sound of knives clashing heard in the background. 

"Who?" Gluttony repeated, faintly remembering the first group from one tall tale but having heard of the second...never.

"Block B is a group that has been competing with Infinite recently. They're relatively unknown and are known to have the worst possible timing ever in the pirate world," Jang explained with a grimace. "The Poisons...Well, you know how you guys are the Seven Sins based off of the Roman Catholic religion? The Poisons are the Five Poisons based off of Buddhist values. They are, I suppose, your rivals in a way."

"And so how are we going to get out of this mess?" Nam questioned, yelping then screaming profanities at his opponent.

"Greed, follow the plan. Sins, let's go greet our dear friends," Pride ordered. "Point F."

"Yes ma'am," voices rang out. Gluttony didn't spare a glance at Jang as they split ways, but silently, she did wish that they had talked more; pirate groups were never allies for too long.

-oOo-

You do know them after all.

It does sound like a fairy tale I agree.

But the impossible can be possible.

It simply takes someone to succeed.

-oOo-

Gluttony slid onto the scene, spotting five females - around their age - approaching. They stood across from Pride, only a few yards away. Wrath, Lust, and Sloth were already there. She had been last.

"They're the Poisons?" Gluttony guessed, scrutinizing them.

"Added another to your ranks?" the female in the center of the Poisons sneered. "Well, you do need another one to even our your ranks against us."

"Gluttony," Pride called, gesturing to each female. "This is Jealousy, Aversion, Arrogance, Attachment, and Ignorance...and at one point, we were all a part of one pirate group."

"We were?" Gluttony questioned, surprised. "I mean, you guys were?"

"Enough with the pleasantries Sooyeon," Arrogance snapped, pulling out a rifle and twirling it in her hand before pointing it at Pride. "Kailin-" She gestured to Attachment. "-has a score to settle with Miyoung over there and I know for a fact that Kyo-" She gestured to Ignorace. "-has a bone to pick with Seungyeon."

"I suppose we can cut straight to the chase then," Pride agreed, sighing. "It's nice seeing you again Dari. How's Yukwon?"

Then Arrogance's face twisted into a pained grimace as she let out a strangled growl and charged.

-oOo-

It is legends that are made of lies.

It is myths that people do not pry.

But both have something in common.

There is a grain of truth hidden.

-oOo-

If there was one thing that Gluttony had learned the Sins were very good at, it was training. Stealth, offensive, defensive, strength, strategy, etc. They took every opportunity to improve and that was why - Gluttony liked to believe - they were part of legends: they were never fully content with their current abilities. 

As soon as the fight began, Gluttony immediately backed up, pulling out the guns she had pilfered off of the guards back at the mansion. She had been trained in the passed few months with various weapons and her best weapon was, without a doubt, shooting. She ducked behind an alley, observing the weapons at hand. She grabbed a random one, immediately recognizing it by weight as a Winchester, something she had trained with before.

She smirked, drawing her weapon of choice to her jaw. She came across a target and shot, moving on immediately. She continued shooting without break, only stopping to reload. As a sharpshooter, she had to learn to memorize everyone's position and it was only through the training beat into her that she dodged the incoming attack only seconds before it was too late. She moved out of the way, aiming to shoot the target but a quick slice of a blade and the gun was useless. Pity. It was a good shot. She tossed it at her attacker, moving out of the way of a downwards attack.

"Gluttony move back!" a familiar voice shouted and she complied only a hair's breadth away from becoming mince meat as Sloth's whips sliced passed her figure and attacked the enemy.

"I was almost killed there! What if I hadn't dodged in time?!" Gluttony shouted, appalled by how close to death she had been. 

Sloth shrugged.

"Then you'd be dead!" Sloth yelled back before returning to her own fight with Ignorance. Gluttony huffed. As lazy as Sloth was, she was just as bloodthirsty and loved a good gory fight. Her opponent returned, cutting her from her musings. She finally recognized the figure - Jealousy. She drew out her own weapons - custom-made pistols that had been designed with input from most of the crew. She didn't like close combat mostly because it was a lot of work but that didn't mean she would die because of it; she was acceptable in the eyes of the Sins and that meant she was pretty good.

"So, what made the Sins and the Poisons split up?" Gluttony questioned, dodging the blade of Jealousy. "I'm Gluttony by the way."

"Jealousy," the female introduced with a half-sneer-smirk in between skilled slices. "I know you haven't been in the group long so you don't know, but are you that curious? It doesn't involve you."

"I guess it didn't involve me then. I wasn't even apart of the fake Sins then - it's a long story - but it does involve me now. I'm a Sin now and I plan on staying one as long as I live," Gluttony answered, yelping when the blade drew blood from her upper arm and shoulder. "This is my favorite shirt!"

"That was your favorite shirt you mean," Jealousy pointed out smugly. Gluttony ground her teeth together, fuming, and then charged once more.

"Sins. Poisons. Incoming," Pride called out loudly from her fight, every pirate separating and ducking under cover just as a small bomb went off in the midst of the fight. 

The loud stomping of guards and the unmistakable alarms ended the itch for the fight, Poisons and Sins eyeing each other warily. 

"Next time," Pride offered.

"Next time," Arrogance promised before withdrawing. The Sins followed suit. 

"Next time, someone teach me how to fight against blades," Gluttony muttered. 

"Picking a fight with Jealousy?" Sloth questioned, smirking knowingly.

"This was my favorite shirt," Gluttony explained, scowling.

"Better than your chocolate bar," Wrath replied. Sloth huffed.

"I ate your chocolate bar just once-" 

And with Pride smiling, Sloth and Wrath bickering, and Lust giggling, Gluttony rolled her eyes and accepted that the ship was home.

Even if it was unexpected.