How To Kidnap An Idol: Step 04 - Go With The Flow

Genesis (Volume 01)

It was her passion since young.

It was her hobby for years past.

It was her own time from then on.

It was, at least, but not anymore.

Inspiration ß My Own

...xXx...

The music pulsed, something living within the notes that reverbrated within her body. She turned and stepped to the beat, letting the melody control her, not the other way around. The last of the final notes drifted off just as there was a knock on the door. She was breathing heavily, sweat running down her forehead in rivers, but she turned towards the door anyway, lethargically opening it. 

There was a male there, taller than her but still short by average standards. He was wearing shorts and a hoodie, obviously ready to dance as well.

"My time's up?" she guessed, glancing at the clock. She hadn't even been aware of how time flew.

"You can still dance if you want," the male offered. "But do you mind if I dance along?" 

She contemplated her choices for a moment.

"Do what you want," she finally consented, moving away from the door. She walked back in, starting the music again. She let the music flow through her, only faintly taking notice of the male's presence. Seconds, minutes, hours slipped by, running not only through their fingers but through their whole being from their toes to the ends of their hair, electrifying them and making them live in a way that nothing other than dance could. 

The two finally stopped for a break, feeling the breaking point within reach.

She ignored the male, lazily pulling out her water bottle and taking a refreshing swig, feeling drunk off of the high of dance. A hand entered her vision, offering a towel. She slowly traced the hand to the arm to the shoulder to the male. Reluctantly, she accepted the gesture, wiping the sweat from her face and neck. 

It seemed as though there was some mutual consent for neither talked, taking a seat and resting on the bench together in silence. Finally, she got up, grabbing her bag and leaving; she had to go otherwise her sister would kill her for being out so late.

"Nam Woohyun," the male called as she left. Her hand paused, resting on the cold doorknob. "I'm Nam Woohyun. You?"

The silence lingered for a moment longer.

"Choi Seungyeon," she finally replied before leaving. "Later."

She had said the last phrase without thinking, just a little thing she always did with her friends, but they did meet again 'later.' 

They seemed to always overlap times to use the room and although they technically should have left each other alone, they began to practice together. They exchanged numbers after the seventh meeting and even planned days to meet up together. They rarely did much else but dance, but every once in a while, they would go out to get boba together, sharing the boba milk thai tea and the taro boba with each other as if they had known each other for years.

"Hey Seungyeon. Wait up," Woohyun called, catching up to the female after a thrilling session of dancing. He grinned, his earring catching in the light and twinkling like his eyes.

"No thanks," she denied shortly, rubbing her hands together in front of her for warmth; the winter this year was freezing. Woohyun laughed.

"Don't you check the weather before you leave?" he teased, falling into step beside her.

"I didn't plan on a snowstorm," she grumbled, throwing him a quick glare though he was unphased. "Besides, California's much warmer. I can't help where I grew up."

Woohyun laughed once more.

"Sure sure," he relented, bumping shoulders with her. "Here use this."

"Use wha-"

He unwrapped his scarf and wrapped it around her neck snugly instead, smiling pleasantly.

"Dude," Seungyeon complained, grabbing his hands to stop him. "I'm sweaty and gross right now. Just let me bear the cold."

Woohyun ignored her proposition.

"Your hands are cold," he exclaimed with worry, eyebrows furrowing together. Without letting her slip another protest in, he lifted her hands to his lips and blew on them lightly, trying to warm them up. 

She pulled away, cuffing him on the side of the head.

"Think about your fans idiot," she scolded, not looking back at him. Woohyun gave a sheepish chuckle.

"That's true," he slowly admitted, missing the red tinge on Seungyeon's cheeks that weren't all from the cold.

It was a week later when they met again, this time with the rest of Woohyun's friends. They had met before and Seungyeon had succeeded in insulting every single one of them in some way or another - a girl, a grandpa, a child, a pretty boy, a narcissist, and a happy kangaroo - at the time; oddly they still got along. 

She saw Woohyun again, alone this time, a few days later. 

"Dance practice is killer," he complained in the midst of their break. "I'm glad that the comeback is soon. At least then this'll all end."

"You complain a lot," she commented, rolling her eyes. "Besides, if you're really tired then you should rest instead of coming here."

"I can't do that," he exclaimed, laughing. "There's something here that I can't find anywhere else."

Seungyeon thought for a moment.

"Yeah I get that," she agreed.

"You do?" he questioned, looking strangely worried.

"Of course. Here's where you dance just for dancing...for yourself," she reminded, raising an eyebrow when he sighed. "Now get your into gear. I'm starting the music again."

After that, he was gone for a month, busy in other countries she knew, for the recent comeback.

It was a week and a half after that month that they finally got into contact again; let's dance they decided.

And so, they met once again, dancing and letting the music flow through their body without words. He was standing a little too close for comfort but she let it slide if only because she was getting used to his presence. Hours slipped between their fingers, electrifying their bodies with a static that only dance could bring.

"Hey Seungyeon," Woohyun called as they wiped their sweat and rehydrated.

"No," she stated automatically out of habit. He chuckled, used to her antics, and held out a small book-like object. She glanced at it with a raised eyebrow.

"It's our group's newest album," he introduced proudly. "I specifically asked the music producer for this theme."

" What theme? 'Be Mine'?" she read aloud as she took another swig of her water.

"Sure," he teased. "I was going to ask you anyways."

Seungyeon choked on her drink and staggered backward as Woohyun laughed at her red cheeks.