Episode 7: The Dinosaur and The Ghost

Seoul City Saviors

 

Rated SPG

                               L V        D

 

We left of with this on SeoulCitySaviors:

Junsu: I smell it Jay..

Wooyoung: Me too.. Something's wrong.

Junho and Chansung stood up and walked over to Jay and Junsu's side. Junho and Wooyoung had gone over behind Nichkhuna and Sungmin and bothe whispered something to both pilots' ears.

Jay: I smell a love line brewing..

They all smiled slyly at us and then clapped their hands and laughed like retarded seals.

Yoona: Aish.. 

Taecyeon: Ani- anniyo! Aish..

Yonghwa clapped his hands.

Yonghwa: Jasshik!

Yoona and I continued with our work but this time more awkward. We avoided eye contact this time. Everything had gone awkward. We still got a few smiles from the guys.

Then Wooyoung sat down next to me. He removed his hoodie and left his black sweater. He sat down and then sighed. He put his head on the head rest and reclined his chair.

Wooyoung: Aigoo.. Jeonju.. Taengoo.. I'll be seeing you at sunrise.

 

On with the story, stay right here with the SeoulCitySaviors...

 

Jeonju, North Jeolla

[0700 hours]

Well here we are. We landed the Phoenix at an empty rice field. It was not the season to plant rice so we decided to park it there. Hopefully no one would bump into it.

Shado teleported us to the entrance of the city. Atop a hill we saw Hanoks all around the city. It would be hard to find the Lee's residences. According to Wooyoung, the Lee's were Taeyeon's real parents. She was switched at birth and her adoptive parents had found out immediately and left her in the orphanage with the last name Kim.

Anyway, as I was saying, it would be hard to find the residence of the Lee's since.. Well, all the hanoks look the same here in Jeonju. North Jeolla even. Every hanok looked the same to me.

We all still had our black SCS Dept. sweaters for a day now since the mission. And not a single drop of water had touched all our skins since the mission too. Since.. the tragedy. I feel that atop this hill, our smells could waft into the city and drive out all the citizens off their properties. 

Jay walked over to the peak of the hill. He looked at us and then sniffed the air.

Jay: What's that smell..

Yonghwa, this quick-witted choding immediately made a crack at our smell and at the same time, the teasing Yoona and I had last night.

Yonghwa:The smell of newborn love sprouting from these two?

He pointed at us from behind. We all laughed but not for long. Yoona looked at Yonghwa and she had blushed which caused me to blush too. I looked over at Yonghwa andf feigned a laugh and then taunted him that I would hit him with my hand. He had his batons though and he raised them in defense wIth a nervous smile.

Jay: Okay, Yoona.. Let's get the MDNA Laptop booted and track this mutant down.

Well Yoona and I haven't said it but the laptop had been downed. It ran out of battery last night. Well I used it to charge my phone to well send a text to Nicole. She hasn't replied though.

Yoona: The thing is..

Taecyeon: It's out of power. Just as we stepped out the Phoenix. We couldn't have charged it. It'll take hours. We could go to a cafe first though grab a bite.

Then Nichkhun had arrived with Sungmin from the Phoenix. They got left behind to make sure the stealth mode would not fail. They also locked the Phoenix and the alarm.

Nichkhun: Guys, I think we all need a shower too.. Maybe after we grab a bite?

He sniffed his pits and then Chansung's pits. He made a puking face and all made us laugh.

Sungmin: Yeah and maybe we could also charge the MDNATracker.

Jay nodded at Sungmin hyung's remark as he rested his chin on his fist. He looked at all of us and then clapped.

Jay: Cha! We also need a change of clothes too.. We can't roam the streets looking like this.

 

[0800 hours]

After we had gone to shop for clothes that would make us all look like civilians we had gone to a cafe. It looekd weird enough that ten people who didn't look like we were locals came into the cafe, but it was weird enough that we were TEN PEOPLE.

We ordered bagels and doughnuts and coffee for a morning start. The guys had been left inside as Wooyoung walked out and Yoona and I had followed him. We left the MDNATracker in the hands of the very capable Yonghwa. He was really a techie and also Nich was good with this. Sungmin hyung had fallen asleep in the table since he's been flying the Phoenix all night.

Wooyoung was standing outside stretching his arms. He looked at me and Yoona as we approached him. He greeted me and then Yoona.

Woo: Oh hey hyung, hey Yoong.

He smiled at both of us. A nervous smile. Well, at first Yoona and I looked at each other asking ourselves, 'why the nervous smile?' But then the idea that Wooyoung had not seen this girl for years, and we're here to recruit her to help us had dawned on us. The idea that this girl was or rather still is a part of Wooyoung.

Taecyeon: You nervous man?

I patted him on the back as I placed my left hand on my waist. Yoona had curled her arms together. The sweater we had bought was thin in terms of cloth and we forgot to buy her a jacket. I on the other hand had bought one.

Wooyoung: Yeah... A little bit.. A little bit? That's redundant.. Aish.. I'm nervous.

He started blabbering. Yoona shuddered. She brethed i her hands and then Wooyoung looked at her. She looked at Wooyoung and then smiled. I felt.. well I cwasn't supposed to feel this way right?

Yoona: There's nothing to be nervous about Woo. She knows you for a long time right?

Wooyoung looked at her and then nodded. His platinum blonde hair spikes wobbling. KEKEKEKE.

Wooyoung: Neh..

Yoona shuddered at the cold again. And then she breathed in her hands again. I remembered that I had warmed those familiar hands once.

Yoona: I'm sure when we find her she'll be as warm as ever.

Wooyoung looked at her. Well the duration that I've been gone as Yoona had said, the team had been close with her. They all had treated her like the maknae sister. 

Wooyoung: Aigoo..Uri Yoong, are you cold?

He was gonna take off his newly bought jacket. I assumed that he was gonna give it to Yoona. But I had taken off my jacket first and had shoved it to Yoona's arms. She slowly lifted her head as she had sneezed form the cold. It wasn't that cold though, but I guess she wasn't used to this cold. I was kinda hot though.

She looked at me kinda shocked. Wooyoung had looked at me like he saw a ghost. I looked at them and then gave them a look of disbelief too. 

Taecyeon: Bworago? Wageuraeyo?

I looked at them. Then I took the jacket form Yoona's arms and then draped it around her shoulders. She then looked at me like she was in love? Whoa wait, I said that wrong. I'm just assuming. I can be arrogant sometimes though.

Wooyoung: WHOA! HYUUUUUNG! ARARABAYA!

He was going wild.

Wooyoung: My fingers are curling! ASSSSARI!?

He was shouting non-sense onto the street now. Yoona shrank to the chair that was placed for customers outside. SHe was blushing, I started to blush too. I was trying to reach for Woo's mouth and I was trying to cover it. But he grew spikes on his face and he kept prying my hands away. He kept shouting.

*thump*

*thump* 

*thump* 

*thump* 

*thump thump thump*

Then the sound of thunmping on glass walls/windows on the cafe had ceased our teasing. FIrst there were four individual thumps and then a succession of three. Yoona had stopped blushing too and then we all slowly turned at our heads.

The rest of the teams faces were all glued to the glass walls making kissy faces and their faces also blushed. They were also trying to shout at us. All I could understand was 'Go date already! Let's abort saving the world and go date already!'

 

[1000 hours]

 

The team had wrapped up from the cafe and ehaded to a public bath after. We also let Yoona go on her own to a hotel and get ready there. Good thing our SCS Credit Cards still worked. Let them chase for us later on when we save the country.

We had met up at a nearby village park. There Yoona had brought the fully charged MDNATracker and has told us in our midns to meet her here. She said that the DNA Signature of Lee Taeyeon had directed her to go here.

We raomed around the village and had asked hanoks about the Lee's residence and no one knew which Lee's we were all talking about. Wooyoung had gone silent all through out our walks. And then we rested on a sidewalk. We figured no one would see us here. The streets were as quiet as Woo.

Yonghwa: Ayihhhhh.. We're not gonna finde the Lee's house.

Yonghwa scruffed his fringe and then sighed. Sungmin had sat in the pavement and outstretched his limbs.

Chansung teleported ontop of the fence and he just sat there. Jay and Nichkhun had gone to their SCS Badges trying to track retired agents with it. I was looking at Yoona still wearing my jacket. Then Chansung looked in the inside and then teleported on the ground again. Junho was shocked, Junsu was seated next to him.

Chansung: Hyung she's inside.

Everybody had looked up on our giant maknae. He was pointing at the gat of the hanok. More like an arc though. With wooden double doors. He was frantically pointing at it. I walked over to him and shaked him.

Taecyeon: What is it?

He was still being all frantic. I slapped him once to get him to his senses. He shaked his head as I had gotten him back. He was about to speak but the double doors creaked open. And then cam out a short cute girl with a pink purse in her hands. She had a lot of piercing on both her ears. Wooyoung looked up at the girl from across the street. And then he ran to her.

The girl was taken aback at first but she hugged Wooyoung back. SHe had felt the familiar arms around her. And then Chansung spoke up, pointing out the obvious. I wanted to change his name to Captain Obvious at the moment.

Chansung: Lee Taeyeon is here!

That earned him a slap. A face palm on the side of his face from Junsu. And then Taeyeon had spoken up as she closed her eys and tightened her hug on Wooyoung. Their reunion had all given us the feeling of warmth in us. Like having someon hug you.

Taeyeon: I thought you're dead! I never saw you after my parents had found me where have you been?

She said as she hugged Wooyoung. Taeyeon looked at us curiously and has asked Wooyoung who we were. He answered back.And then Taeyeon's parents looked from the insisd and asked who we were. Taeyeon looked abck at her parents and had called on them to meet us.

Taeyeon: Wooyoung these are my parents. Lee Soo Man and Lee Wonhee. Appa, Umma, he's the guy I'm telling stories about.

Taeyeon held Wooyoung's arm.Wooyoung could only give her parents a nervous smile. Heck we all did. Except for Sungmin hyung, Chansung and Yoona who didn't know realize the gravity of the situation we were having. Who the knew he lived here? This place isn't even remotely close to Busan Juvy and he's ing here.

Soo Man Lee, Busan Juvy Warden. And here he is. Our biggest, gayest enemy. And his daughter is Lee Tayeon. We could back out on this recruitment right now but Yoona had said in our heads taht we should calm down. She had read my mind as I told her the story of the seven people's connection with the warden.

He outstretched an arm to Wooyoung and then he introduced himself and his wife.

Soo Man: Hi Lee Soo-man, uri buin Wonhee. Nice to meet you Woyoung ssi.

Jay shook his hand and then Yona took the lead.

Yoona: Anyeonghashimnika Soo Man ssi. May we come inside? We need to talk to you about Taeyeon here.

She looked at our Warden and then he had invited us in. Whoo. This is gonna be a long.. long.... loooooooooooong talk with him. From upstairs came down another person. It was a guy who looked a lot older than us all. Older than Sungmin hyung even.

Taeyeon's father has introduced Taeyeon's older brother Lee Teuk. Teuk was a special needs child. He had Ausperger's autism that rendered him to try to catch more attention, even more than the special attention his parents, Taeyeon's parents is giving him.

Taeyeon's mom had brought out a tray of tea and some biscuits. We all diggged in as Soo Man smiled at all of us. Taeyeon and Wooyoung had just finished their story about how they looked out for each other in the orphanage until they were 12, the same day Taeyeon was found.

And then heavy, awkward silence fell on us. I broke the silence with a cough. I was standing resting on the banister of the stairs as I played with the lighter in my hand. Junho, Chansung, Sungmin and Yonghwa remained outside. Yoona, Jay, Wooyoung, Junsu, Nichkhun and I had gone in. We figured we were the ones who could convince her parents the most.

Yoona: Uhh.. Sir.. how would I put it this in an easy way..

Soo man shifted in his seat. Wooyoung held Taeyeon's hand from across the sofa where the parents sat. They didn't mind that they were under her parents' roof. Wooyoung didn't mind that we were under the Warden's roof again.

Soo-man: WHat do you mean miss Im?

He said with a bit of annoyance in his tone. Did he alrady know about Taeyeon's special abilities? Or was he this parent who treated his daughter's special talents as a curse. Well let's find out shall we?

Jay: SIr: Taeyeon is... She's..

Jay couldn't find the words. Junsu tried to say it.

Junsu: Sir Taeyeon isn't what you think she is.

Tayeon's grip tightened on Wooyoung's hand and it gained his attention. He looked at her and then he nodded. He nervous face rubbed off it.

Nichkhun: She's special.

It gained SooMan's glare. He stood up and looked at us eye to eye one by one as we all tried to hide our faces. But then he said.

Soo-man: AHA! You really are thos brats at Busan! That's what tha JYP guy told me too. That you guys are special. But then you all were just monsters. My daughter's curse..

Taecyeon: Curse?! She's just like us. She's special. She's a mutant.

We were not in a heated exchange of angry looks. Yoona came between us and she held my chest. Well it calmed me down. Jay had also gone close behind Woo and Taeyeon. Soo man was getting agitated really as he paced the living room. Woo and Taeyeon stood up. And then Yoona spoke up.

Yoona: Sir, we need her. If you've watched the news lately bad mutants are roaming the country trying to tear it apart. Sir, we need Taeyeon to help us.

Soo man: Then how do I know that you're not as bad as them and you won't use my daughter?

Yoona looked him in the eyes.

Yoona: Stop being like this sir. We showed you our badges and all what don't you understand?

Soo man raised his hand, he was gonna attempt to backhan slap Yoona across her face. Mrs.Lee screamed. Everyone was going into a hysteric state. But then I pushed Soo Man back up the wall. I was gonna say something but Police sirens had started to come from the outside. Then the phone dropped from upstairs hanging from the chord.

Sungmin hyung, Junho, Chansung and Yonghwa came inside rushing. We all looked at them. I dropped my forearm from Soo-man's neck and asked.

Taecyeon: What happened guys?

Yoona answered me.

Yoona: Teuk called the police. He was getting nervous upstairs when he ran up.

Chansung: Uh guys can we wrap this up now. We need to teleport back to the Phoenix.

Then the double doors to their house had been busted in. Then three police officers were there holding their guns up to us. Junsu had brought out his cannon, Nich had unshethed his knuckle claws. Four razor sharp, stainless stell claws. Jay's eyes glowed green, Yonghwa had brought out his batons, Chansung his samurai. Wooyoung hid Taeyeon behind him.

Police: Put your weapons down adn get on the ground.

He directed his guns at us. The other two officers pointed their guns at all the mutants present in the room simultaneously. We complies. The others started to kiss the floor. I looked at Yoona sending her a message. She looked at Taeyeon and then Taeyeon noddee too. She passed on the message to everyone. Nichkhun, Jay, Junsu and I were the only ones left standing. Four other officers had gone into the house.

Soo man was holding his wife seated on the couch.

Police 2: Put the knives down son.

Nichkhun tilted his head and then he said.

Nichkhun: Can't sir. They're part of my bone structure.

Police 3: You too, put your gun down and kiss the floor.

Junsu and Nichkhun looked at me. Nichkhun started to lie down in his face Jay followed suit but then Nichkhun tackled one officer. Jays had charged the marbles and threw it at two officer. Not lethal though. Junsu had willed his sonic blast no to kill but push another officer and I lit my hands on fire and made a pushing motion as I shoved the rest of the officers out the door.

Taeyeon had phased us through their ground. And then we all ended up on their basement. She hugged Wooyoung. And I made a head count. I rushed over to Yoona and held her face. Asked her if she was fine. It gained everybody eyes again as I hugged her.

Junsu: Sheesh you two. No one got shot. We should worry about the officers though. You two... 

We both pulled away from the hug and put our hands behind our back. And then Jay walked to the center of the basement. Sungmin had his palmtop and then he said.

Sungmin: I just turned the Phoenix online. We're ready to teleport back to it.

Jay: Okay. Everybody ready? One queston though.

He looked at Taeyeon who was still in the arms of Wooyoung. Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung and then she kissed him on the lips.

Taeyeon: I can't be away from you anymore. And the country needs me right?

Taeyeon looked at Jay and both nodded at each other.

Jay: Okay. Taeyeon you're part of the team now. Oh and before we teleport any codenames you wanna use? It's kinda mandatory for the team. If ever we restor the department I hope you could be part of it still.

She looked at Wooyoung again and then she breathed in and then let it out. Like all the secrets pent up inside her had been release in one big sigh.

Taeyeon: Phantom. Like a ghost passing THROUGH walls.

Jay smiled at her. And he nodded at Chansung. Chansung went to the circle we had created around him. Everybody had put one hand on him and the other held a person's shoulder. Wooyoung had held his right hand with Taeyeon's left. Yoona and I did the same.

Chansung: Hey you two. Been reunited after along time of separation too?

In the middle of the situation and in the middle of cop trying to bust down the door to the basement he still makes a crack about us. Jay scolds him though.

Jay: Chansung, HAJIMA! We could use a teleport out of here now.

I though he was the straight guy I knew him to be. But he also took a crack at us.

Jay: But kid's got a point.

Everybody laughed and then all reverted back to serious. Chansung teleported us just in time as the police had busted down the doors. Soo-man had also a last glimpse of her daughter before we completed teleportation. Taeyeon also mouthed something to her father before we had left.

Taeyeon: Minahaeyo appa. I love you all. Tell it to Umma and Teukie oppa.

Chansung teleported us back to the Phoenix and we all strapped in our seats. Wooyoung helped Taeyeon with her seatbelts. We all got to our seats. Sungmin hyung and Nich went to the pilot seats as we all had strapped in. They asked us if we were all secured into our seats now. We started to ascend.

Sungmin: Okay hold on.

Hyung said as he and Nichkhun started to make the plain gain more altitude. Nichkhun looked at me and then he said as we already had a stable altitude and the flight wasn't bumpy. Sungmin hyung was still serious driving until he had auto-pilot.

Nichkhun: Where to next Taec?

Sungmin: Yeah Yoona?

Both asked Yoona and I. I handed the MDNA Tracker to Yoona from my backpack. She booted it up and typed in something. As she had finished, she turned the laptop screen to us. And the she said.

Yoona: Daegu. Two mutants there.

Junsu perked up.

Junsu: Daegu? I'm from Daegu.

I looked at him. And then looked back at Yoona.

Taecyeon: Well, at least we'll know our way around our next stop this time right?

 

 

To Be Continued...

 

 

 

Watch Out for the Next Episode of SeoulCitySaviors! As the team scouts more mutants. And what do you think is up with the Chaos Club right now? Stay Tuned!

or

YOU. MIGHT. FALL. INTO THE CLUTCHES OF THE CHAOS CLUB!