Episode 6: The Flight of the Phoenix

Seoul City Saviors

 

Rated SPG

                            L V 

 

Last time on SeoulCitySaviors:

Yoona: Dragon's DNA is present.. but only his blood.

The bodies shifted still and was now a single man that was hooded. Stunner had stunned him on the knees and Racer had cuffed him from the back. Reactor had unhooded him and revealed another SCS Most Wanted Mutant. Choi Minho code name Multiple.

Multiple: OKay.. I give up..

Then Beelzebub appeared next to him and Sonic shot a wave of sonic beams at him but he had teleported away. We were tricked.

Yoona: We're tricked.

Target: Oh now. Shado to base now. I think we've been tricked.

He called on Shado and held onto him. He also called on Reactor and explained to him that we might have been tricked so that the base would be out of security or low on security and it would be fair game for them to just.. do something with it.

Shado: Come one hold hands. We're teleporting now.

Yoona was the nearest person to me. She looked from both laptops. She closed it and then turned to Reactor.

Yoona: DNA Scanner found Dragon's signature.. SCS HQ Shado now!

Reactor: Let's go. Come one Torch!

Target looked at Shado and the rest of the team had held hands. Yoona had no choice but to hold mine. I looked at her but we couldn't doubt, well I couldn't but I felt something as we held hands. We shrugged it off as nothing. Reactor looked at both of us with a worried look. And then Shado teleported us back to base.

 

SCS Headquarters

[01:00 hours]

 

 And here we are now. Dragon and his minions.

Dragon: Evolution. Korea first and then the world.

With that, Beelzebub had teleported them all away. And we were left dumbstruck of what had occured. What had happened and what we had done wrong. Maybe we were too off guard by not being united fast enough.

We're screwed.

--------------------------------------------

Ruins and debris. Fires being put out by firemen and fire trucks all around. Policemen taking report from SCS Agents from concrete ruins. Marble, black marble everywhere. Bodies lying all around lifeless.

Reactor took off his hood. He looked at all of us. With a sullen face an d teary eyes. Yoona was in shock, she hugged herself and her laptop in between her chest and her arms. Sungmin hyung was talking to the police. Junho, Wooyoung and Chansung all sat and stared at the sky. I was standing looking at all of them.

The scene that was left by Dragon and his Chaos Club. It truly is chaotic. Nichkhun and Yonghwa were also infuriated with what happened. But what could we do? There's nothing left to repair. Nothing left to do.

I stood up. Took off my jacket and lay it on the bench that was left of the lobby. Yoona looked at where I had dropped it and started to walk away.

Everything's just happening so fast. Everything is just so incomprehensible right now. Too fast. My story's going too fast and I can't figure everything out right now. All I had were questions that I'm sure, still and will never have answers.

Torch: This is useless.. I'm going home to Nicole.

Yoona: Taec wait!

Jay: Taecyeon!

I turned around and looked at them. And spread my arms out wide.

Taecyeon: What?

I dropped my hands again to my sides. They all stood up. And I could see the same places they had when I had left for the first time.

Yoona: If you go home.. Where'd you and Nicole go?

She had a good point.

Chansung: Then what do we do?

Woyoung: Yeah.. There's no department left to go against the Chaos Club.

Junho stood up and walked over to Jay's side. Yoona walked over infront of me. She looked me in the eyes.

Yoona: Woudln't you rather go back to Nicole when everything is safer?

She had a great point. But I had a point of my own.

Torch: Then what do we do?

Jay looked up from bowing down. He looked me in the eyes and said the words I was scared he'd say. His personality describes the words he said very well. He looked at each of us and then stopped at me again. Yoona stepped aside so Jay could look me directly in the eyes.

Jay: We avenge them..

Taec: With what? Ten mutants?!

Sungmin hyung had walked over to our growing commotion. He looked at both Jay and I and then asked what was going on. We caught him up with what we had been talking about and then he said.

Sungmin: We don't have a team. We're just ten. For all we know Jiyong's club is growing. Didn't you see Multiple last night? He'd tricked us.

Nichkhun: Hyung.. We make our team grow then. 

He tapped Sungmin on his chest and then pointed upwards with a gun like he had an idea. Well he had already said his idea. It was.. crazy.

Jay: Yeah... Yeah you're right.

Jay agreed with Nichkhun's bizarre idea.

Yoona: Taec..

Yoona said as she looked at me again with her doe eyes.

Taec: What?

I said as I looked at her straight in the eyes too.

Yoona: are you still going?

Taec: I am not going to avenge the death of the department who had killed my parents..

Then I stared at her in her eyes. She had the clear look of hurt in her face. She had started to tear up. But I don't know why I was so affected with it.

Taec: But I am going to make the world a better place for the one I love.

We all ran to the hangar underground as the police had left the scene. We were what's left of the department. And we're not going to let it die with us.

We had reached the hangar and there stood the Black Phoenix. A warplane that had an invisibility cloaking enough for us to gather enough mutants to our army. Sungmin hyung had taken controls of it and Nichkhun had been his co-pilot. The time being when I had left both had been learning to fly the Black Phoenix.

Yoona had gone on her laptop again trying to locate mutant DNA Signatures. We immediately located 8 other MDNA or Mutant DNA's around Seoul.

Taecyeon: So what do we say?

I asked the team. They all had thought of it and then all had gone deep in thought. What do we say right? What do we say when we need to recruit new mutants? Well it was a long day ahead of us and we need to figure everything out first.

Well first, Dragon is planning to take over Korea. Both North and South. After pushing both countries in and all out war only mutant would be evolved enough to survive. And then he would take over the world. Easy, cliche, simple super villain guide to world domination.

And then second... Well we could not, we will not let him get to the second aspect of  his plan. Yoona looked up at me and then shw showed me 8 possible recruits.

I called on the others and we started to discuss the 8 mutants we could recruit. One is from Jeonju, North Joella. We could pay her a visit first.

Yoona: She has the ability to..

Wooyoung: Chamkamanyo!! I know this girl..

Everyone looked at him. He had a calculating face. What's wrong with him? We've spent several years together and he's never even mentioned that he knew a girl. Much less have a girlfriend. Well from the looks of it, we've deducted that this girl is not just a friend to Stego.

Wooyoung: She's a mutant with phasing powers. She can walk THROUGH anything intangible and render electrical fields useless. Her mutation is also called quantum tunneling. She has the ability to pass through solid matter by passing her atomic particles through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving.

Wooyoung stared at the picture of the girl in Yoona's laptop. He stared at it intently and his face had started to mash up in his head. He put on his hood and then he sat as the plane had stabilized flight.

Yoona and I had continued to review some of the MDNA Signatures that she had tracked along the flight across the country. We've also ruled out the fact that some had criminal records. I argued that the records would not mean they were completely ruled out of possible recruits but she argued back. I overheard some of the guys.

Chansung: How'd you know her man?

Chansung took off his mask and then sat next to Wooyoung. He played with his mask in his hand. Junho had sat on the opposite side of Wooyoung. Wooyoung smiled.

Wooyoung: We grew up together in an orphanage before she was found by her real parents. Well I naturally escaped and roamed the streets till I could find her. I didn't I was sent to juvy with you guys.

Jay had walked over to him and then sat in front of him. Nichkhun looked at the back as he was still co-piloting with Sungmin hyung. Junsu sat next to Jay and I sat next to Yoona. We continued to research and track down some mutants.

Jay: Well now you're going to meet her again Woo.

Junsu: Neh.. You'll be reunited with your first love.

Yonghwa has taken his seat next to Junsu and looked and smiled at Wooyoung with a bit of teasing in his eyes. Yoona and I looked back and forth between Wooyoung and Junsu, Jay and the guys. They've all started a joke and they were teasing Wooyoung. 

Wooyoung: Anniyo!

Yonghwa: But you're blushing!

Wooyoung's eyes got big and became circles. He took out Shado's samurai and looked at his reflection in it. Shado was gonna protest but he didn't. Wooyoung was older than him. Wooyoung gave Chansung's sword back and then looked at Yonghwa.

Wooyoung: I am not!

Junho: Yes you are Jang Woooyoung!

Chansung and Yonghwa laughed. Jay and Junsu smiled. But Jay had caught my eye when Yoona and I had gone back to what we were working on.

Jay looked at Junsu and nodded his head at us. Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung and Yonghwa who were arguing and laughing at the same time had volumed down their voices and noticed Jay and Junsu staring at us.

Yoona was busy typing in her laptop and I had not noticed myself staring at her. She looked at me and then she smiled.

Yoona: Bworago? Is there something on my face?

I nodded no and then she started to blush.

Jay: I smell..

He mocked sniffing the air. He put a hand on Junsu's shoulder and Junsu had followed suit. The younger mutants had followed what they were doing and then Yoona and I looked at him. We were concerned at first that he might have smelled fuel and the Phoenix is having a gas leak. But then Junsu said.

Junsu: I smell it Jay..

Wooyoung: Me too.. Something's wrong.

Junho and Chansung stood up and walked over to Jay and Junsu's side. Junho and Wooyoung had gone over behind Nichkhuna and Sungmin and bothe whispered something to both pilots' ears.

Jay: I smell a love line brewing..

They all smiled slyly at us and then clapped their hands and laughed like retarded seals.

Yoona: Aish.. 

Taecyeon: Ani- anniyo! Aish..

Yonghwa clapped his hands.

Yonghwa: Jasshik!

Yoona and I continued with our work but this time more awkward. We avoided eye contact this time. Everything had gone awkward. We still got a few smiles from the guys.

Then Wooyoung sat down next to me. He removed his hoodie and left his black sweater. He sat down and then sighed. He put his head on the head rest and reclined his chair.

Wooyoung: Aigoo.. Jeonju.. Taengoo.. I'll be seeing you at sunrise.

 

 

To Be Continued...

 

Next time on SeoulCitySaviors..

 

Taeyeon: I thought you're dead! I never saw you after my parents had found me where have you been?

She said as she hugged Wooyoung. We all had dressed normally to pass off as normal humans. Taeyeon looked at us and she asked Wooyoung who we were. Taeyeon's parents looked from the inside. And asked who we were. Taeyeon looked back at her parents and called onto them.

Taeyeon: Wooyoung, these are my parents.. Soo Man Lee and  Wonhee Lee. Appa, Umma, Wooyoung.. He's the guy I'm telling the stories about. 

Taeyeon held Wooyoung's arm. Woooyoung could only give a nervous smile back at Taeyeon's parents. We all did. Who knew he lived here? This place isn't even remotely near Busan Juvenile Facility!

Soo Man Lee. Our biggest.. gayest.. enemy ever. Since our teen days. We just hope he wouldn't recognize us. He held out a hand and then he said. To all our surprises.

Soo Man: Lee Soo Man. Nice to meet you.

Jay shook his hand. And then Yoona took the lead.

Yoona: Hi sir. May we come inside. We need to talk to you about Taeyeon here. 

She looked at our Warden and then he had invited us in. Whoo. This is gonna be a long.. long.... loooooooooooong talk with him. From upstairs came down another person. It was a guy who looked a lot older than us all. Older than SUngmin hyung even.

 

Watch Out for the Next Episode of SeoulCitySaviors!

or YOU. MIGHT. FAIL. THIS. FANFIC!