2.

Trust Those Eyes

The office was quiet a Sora lean backward on her office chair hoping to catch a quick nap when suddenly  there was a knock on the door.

"Come in"

The door crept open and in came one of Sora's investigation team member. He was incharge of doing research on the background of the murder case her team was assigned to.

"Yes Kikwang, what is it?" Sora was still leaning on her chair with her eyes shut. Without even opening her eyes, she can already sense who it was.

"Well, I found a few interesting discovery. The murder weapon. Well after carefully observing the cuts on the victim, it was no ordinary weapon. In fact it was made by a type of knife that dated way back in the 1500s. There's only one of it in the world. Let's see......."

Kikwang took a moment to flip through the papers on the clipboard that he was holding.

"Oh! and that weapon, interestingly, was designed to kill vampires back then! hahahaha ridiculous but you know the people back then. Who knows, maybe the murderer thought the victim was a vampire"

Sora jolted up from her seat upon hearing the word vampire. Though Kikwang might be laughing at the thought of the existence of vampires,she knew it was some serious stuff they're handling there. And a "weapon to kill vampire". She knew of the weapon. Apart from her father who was mortal and die naturally, that was the weapon used to kill her ancestors. As far as she knows, all of her kind were wiped out because of it. Maybe she was wrong all along, there are still people who are out to get her kind. This could jeapordize everything, including her life.

For the entire day, the thought of that knife and the killer still at loose bothered her. Back home, after her normal night shower, she headed to the kitchen to grab some snack to get her mind off the problem. Opening the cupboard above the kitchen counter, she tip toed to grab for a the box of cereal. Her height was always an issue to her, even being a vampire it wouldn't solve the problem. 

"Gotcha!" the tip of her fingers finally grabbed the box. Grabbing a bowl, she poured the cereal into the bowl carelessly, leaving a few to drop out of the bowl. Next, she headed to the refrigerator to grab the milk. Just as she wanted to close the fridge's door. "HEY!" Yunho's head peeped out from the side of the fridge cause Sora to yelp in fear.

"Oh god, you almost killed me" though it was unlikely since she's immortal.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to. I was kinda bored though...." Yunho stepped out and he too open the fridge again only this time, he took out an apple. Taking a bite while observing Sora pouring milk into her bowl of cereal.

"Do you................believe in the supernatural?" Yunho started a conversation

Concentrating on pouring the milk, Sora slowly replied, "What? Are you serious...."

"I'm talking like ya know.....vampires or something like that" As if her ears were atenna, Sora's attention was now toward Yunho though her back was facing him

"You know, those creatures. on human blood. Blood thirsty monster killing people. I mean seriously? I hate them. I don't know about you but I believe they exist! hahahah ridiculous huh? But that's what I believe in............................................................Yah, the milk's overflowing"

Unconciously, Sora was so concentrated with what her husband was saying to the point that she forgot about her bowl of cereal.

"WHAT?! haha...ha......haahaa. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Vampires?" She slammed the carton of milk onto the counter and walked away.

"Wh-where are you going? what about your cereal?" Yunho was left confused with his mouth till half full with apple.

"Leave it there, I'll clean it tomorrow or you can have it!" Sora retaliate with a strong sense of annoyance in her tone. Storming into her room and slamming shut the door.

"Jeez, wonder what's wrong with her" Taking the last bite on his apple, he tossed the remaining in the thrash and walked to his room still confused. Wondering if he did anything wrong.

Sora on the other hand was pacing back and forth in her room. Panicking. "Does he know? Wait, why would he know. What if he's out to get me? Then I'm done for!" 

Sora stopped in her tracks. 

Slapping herself, "Aish! What am I thinking!"

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when her phone rang. Pausing for a few seconds to keep her mind in check before answering it, she took a deep breathe and picked up the call.

"Sora sshi! There's been another murder case. This time, there's three victims. I'll send you the address soon. And oh! It's the same pattern on the wounds, seems like the three were killed by the same murder weapon as our previous victim. I think they're connected!"

Sora's eyes diluted. For the first time in her life, she felt as if her life could be threaten.

Hanging up, she tried to get a hold of herself again once more.

"That damn killer and knife must be found."