The Appearance of The Frog Lady

Meet My Boss

 

Weeks went by, and Amber was getting the hang of speaking Korean. It was as if she had grown an innate tongue for Hangul. She explained that she recalled some of the language before when she was a kid, but she didn’t remember anything along with it. It was eerie, how it became known to her when she couldn’t  dredge up all of her past. It was as though every little memory was coming to her piece by piece. Like that restaurant she used to visit when she was seven, or that day care center she schooled in. She wasn’t in a hurry of course. She knew that her past wasn’t in her head for a reason and she just wanted fate to take its own course. Everything would fall into place at the right moment. Wasn’t it in a John Cusack movie?

 Her weeks of relentless studying still went on though. Everyday, Amber signed tons of papers, had  meetings with clients and accepted the hellish torture Krystal was giving her 24/7. She had gotten used to Krystal’s snide remarks and criticisms so it wasn’t a big deal now. Deep inside, she realized Krystal was a big softie. Krystal cared a lot about her. She would serve her favorite dishes, and even cooked for her too. One day, Krystal made a lunch box for her and she felt like crying. No one had ever done that to her. Even her uncle. When she thanked her, she was sure that Krystal’s eyes turned soft and she sort of smiled. But she hid it by turning around hastily and commenting, “Don’t get used to it, pabo.”

Sometimes, she would sleep in the building’s quarters due to her workload. After a couple of nights, she transformed it into her own personal space. At first, she was reluctant since all of her uncle’s belongings were there. It was too painful collecting his things because it brought back memories of his death.  She shared this with Suzy when she suggested that Amber should just sleep in her uncle’s room. She declined and went to her apartment in the wee hours of the night with painful nostalgia. On the following day, Amber was surprised to see the quarters empty of all her uncle’s property. She knew Suzy was behind this. Ever since then, she was used to sleeping in Liu Advertising. L was only called if she had meetings outside the office.

Despite the fact that Suzy was the tight-lipped secretary, she was actually the talkative one outside work. They would go to her favorite eating places when they had the time, and she’d laugh and beam at her everytime she told humorous anecdotes. Amber was glad to be with Suzy and she felt like a part of her family had gone back to her.

So it was the same torturous day with Krystal. Amber was reviewing some ideas the team had come up with for an upcoming comercial. In a fleeting moment, she heard a knock. She looked up and found Krystal walking towards her with a determined expression.

“It’s time.”

Amber looked at her uncertainly, “Time for what?”

“Time to test that pea-sized brain of yours.”Krystal crossed her arms. “We have to show Mr. Kim and all the other stockholders that you’re ready to change this company.”

“How?” Amber scratched her head.

Krystal looked up exasperatedly and sat at the chair in front of Amber’s desk. “A worldwide singing sensation will be coming at the Incheon airport on Thursday. We have to make the call and recruit her for the upcoming comercial we’re managing.”

“Oh, you mean the shampoo comercial?”

“Yes. That’s it. We have to be the first person she sees there. I’ve already contacted the manager, and he says that if she approves, then it’s a go. You have to be appealing to her, okay?”

Amber was again lost in their conversation. “What do you mean by appealing?”

“By appealing, I mean you have to do what it takes to satisfy her needs. Give what is needed.”

“I don’t like the sound of that, Miss Jung.” She stared at her with a worried expression, knowing that this idea of hers would turn in to some incident she wanted to stay away from.

“ Isn’t it too easy for you to understand, stupid? You have to...” Krystal grazed Amber’s chin with her fingers. “...seduce her.”

“WHAAAAAT?!”

_________________________________________

“The ID system malfunctioned!  I was two minutes early for work!”

“Ma’am, that’s not the case...”

Sulli placed her hands on her waist. “What’s the case then? If this blasted machine had my thumb print right, then I would not have gotten Sunny’s late attendances and absences. What is wrong with your system?”

She walked out the guard house and took her bag on the table. Something, out of the piles of hate mails, false parcels and chain letters, fell on the floor. Sulli recognized the package and took it. “Hey Mister guard! Have you checked what’s inside this?”

“No, Ma'am. We haven’t.” The guard looked down as if he expected a beating.

“Would you mind if I inspect this and deliver it to Miss Liu personally?”

The guard shook her head, “No ma’am. It’s okay.”

She grinned at the box and waved the guard off.

Sulli sprinted to her office and locked the door. She placed the box on her desk and looked at it expectantly.

“What an interesting little box.”

Sulli sat on her desk and tore off the wrapping paper.  There was a velvet box inside. She opened it and saw an elegant silver necklace with a silver pendant shaped like a heart. It was embedded with exquisite patterns of cursive and dotted lines. But what caught her breath was when she saw the stone in the center of the heart. It was an Amber stone! This too was shaped like a heart to match the piece. It was beautiful. It really reminded her of Amber.

 

Sulli had taken into account the true identity of Amber; The handsome dashing young man who she called her boss was actually a woman. But she didn’t care about that detail. It was still Amber. Her boss who managed to become the CEO of this company despite her circumstances. She admired her boss. Amber was too admirable that even her gender had become a little impediment to her admiration. And right now, she couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take something that reminded her of that veneration. She would keep this. Yes she would keep it.

She held the necklace to her hand and a card dropped. Sulli took it and read the inscriptions.

“Dear AJ Liu,

Something to remind you of me.

Hope this helps.

Love,

JJ Liu”

_________________________________________

7:54 in the evening. It was a Wednesday. All around the airport were press people, haranguing the guards on duty to get a better look. The bouncers readied themselves for the onslaught as the elevator doors slowly opened.

“The voice of Korea has finally graced her way to the airport of Malaysia for her flight. We wish she will be able to land safely back to Korea. Malaysia sends its regards. Have a safe flight!” The reported ended his cover story as the camera panned to the woman with wavy chestnut long hair, matching her looks with oversized shades. She had a cool airport fashion that all the men could not help but goggle at her, while the women just looked nonplussed with envy.

“Some advertiser wants you to cover a CF.” A robust-looking man walked beside her. He was typing something from his phone.

“I think I want to rest first, manager-oppa.” She exhaled tiredly but smiled when a camera turned her way. “Hey manager-oppa. I have an idea...”

__________________________________________

Thursday. 11:04 in the morning. Amber was sleeping in the arrivals sections of the Incheon airport. She was lying on one of the metal benches sleeping soundlessly. She was wearing an almost casual attire; one that people dressed in to go to their dates.  Her white shirt was getting scrunched up from her position and was hanging open.

Krystal sat beside her and stifled a laugh. God, why did she have to be so cute. She held  her phone and took photos. After numerous pictures, she decided to wake up the sleeping idiot.

“Amber...” She whispered in her ear.

“Not now, L.” Amber mumbled.

“Amber, if you don’t wake up, I’m going to post your bunny pajama pics in the office...”

“Not the pajama pics...” She whined softly.

She laughed and slapped Amber’s arm. “Get up stupid.”

Amber opened her eyes and was met with a buoyant Krystal laughing at her expense.  She stared at her with a serious face. Suddenly, Krystal caught on and was yet again in eye contact with Amber. I have to quit these eye staring contests with Amber. It’s hazardous to my health...

She cleared and stood up. “Come on, she was suspected to arrive  awhile ago.”

But the singer was nowhere to be found. Krystal was positive that she hadn’t miscalculated the time arrival.

“Amber, you search that area and I search the restrooms and elevators. I’m sure her plane landed awhile ago.”

They both split up. Amber was on her way to the baggage area when she suddenly bumped into someone. The girl looked at Amber with a pouting face. She was wearing a frog hoodie, with ears, eyes and all. Amber smirked at her.

“Hey, mister. I think I lost my luggage there somewhere. It’s a red stroller type. Will you please help me get it?” She said in Hangul and was pointing at the conveyor belt, where the bags were lined up.

“Wait here miss.” She grinned at the lady which in turn smiled back.

Amber had to make this quick since she had a task to do, so to fasten her pace, she leapt and hopped in the conveyor belt, looking for the red stroller. All of a sudden, guards started patrolling around her trying to get her off. She caught sight of a red luggage around the corner and dashed towards it. When she pulled it aside, she went off the conveyor belt and waved at the guards. “Found my luggage!” She yelled to them and sprinted to the lady with the frog hoodie.

“Is this it?” Amber asked her, who was having fits of laughter.

“Yes! Thank you!” She said to her and unexpectedly, kissed her cheek.

Amber placed a hand on where she was kissed and stared at her dumbfoundedly.

“You really didn’t recognize me?” The frog lady asked. “My plan worked!” She clapped her hands and jumped excitedly.

“Uhmmm. What are you supposed to be by the way? A frog disguised as a woman?” Amber eyed her and tilted her head.

“Okay. Since you helped me get my luggage back,” She started, “And you sort of look cute, I’ll introduce myself. But tell me the name of my knight and shining armor first.”

The frog lady offered her hand as if to shake hers. Amber reached out and shook it. “I’m Amber Liu.”

“Amber. What a funny name,” She giggled. “Hi Amber. I’m Ailee.”

******************************************************

Ayo! I’m back! I’m trying to make my updates faster so that you guys won’t be cut off from the story. 

So anyways, just as I promised, I'll be posting pictures! *claps*

First off the pendant. I got the idea from ebay, actually. And the first time I saw this, I really wanted it. I think Sulli's reaction to the pendant (very gollum-ish *myprecioussssss*) was actually MY reaction when I saw it.

Next, Ailee! I'm quite the fan of Ailee even if she's a newbie. I'm betting that she's going to be super famous. And I will live to tell the tale. *laughs* 

 

It's cute how she and Amber posted the same selca photos with animal hoodies. I think Amber wore a lion one. And have you watched the Mcountdown feature of them hugging? Their cheesy friendship. LOL.  So here's Ailee's "frog lady" photo:

So do you think Ailee's addition to the circle of Amber's love interests a shame? And I know you're all like, "Amber's really a pimp in this story". Well, she's sort of that way in real life, right? :)

Thank you for all the feedbacks and subscriptions! I'll be updating more pictures from the previous one if there are 70 subscriptions!  So subscribe! Author out~

Kryber & their eye contact *faints* :)