05

Decieved

"Do you guys know each other?" EunKwang asked out of couriosity and both of you just stared at each other.

"We just met at this flower shop while I was shopping." Peniel said quickly and you grew confused as to why he would want to lie.

"Oh that's good. If mom and dad figured out you got another job behind their back, they won't be happy. But you hadn't had one since last year. Why did you come again?" Peniel just stood there uncomfortably as EunKwang shuffled through some papers on his desk.

"N-nothing. I just wanted to say that I was here." Peniel bowed his head and he closed the door as he walled out of the room.

"What was I saying again?" EunKwang tapped his chin with his finger.

"You were talking about how ChangSub oppa is getting better nowadays." EunKwang snapped his fingers as you said this which caught you off guard, making you jump a little.

"I think ChangSub would be done with his physical therapy by now. Do you want to check?" EunKwang pointed towards the door and you nodded.

Both of you walked out and saw that at that moment, ChangSub got out of the room he was in.

You waved your hand back and forth and ChangSub smiled as he walked over to you.

"Oh hyung! I heard that you got promoted." ChangSub said as he tapped you on the head again.

"You did? How come you never told me?" You stared up at EunKwang as you pouted.

"Then I could've bought something. Wait, how about we buy you dinner tonight?"

"You don't have to." EunKwang shook his hands but smiled at the same time which you knew was a yes.

"But we want to. Let's go to a restaurant near here that I heard was really good." ChangSub pointed to somewhere outside and you thought about this for a while and you nodded.

"If we do go, then can I bring along Peniel? I can't leave him here alone."

"Sure. If its fine with you, then its fine with me." ChangSub said as he patted EunKwang on the shoulder and at that moment, you remembered sonething.

"And before we go, I have to stop by somewhere. You guys can go first, I'll meet you there." You grabbed your jacket and put it on as quickly as you could.

"Okay. But don't be too late and be careful!" ChangSub yelled as you made your way out of the building.

You ran to the place you knew by heart that was only a few blocks away.

Panting, you walked into the store and took a seat in one of the chairs.

"Oh SooMin-ah. Why did you come? Your shift is already over." IlHoon said as he checked his watch, surprised to see you come into the flower shop.

"I'm here to buy a present. Do you think we have any chocolates left?" You tried to catch your breath as your face stung from the sudden warmness.

"I think we do. But I'll check. You need help picking out a flower?" IlHoon went into the room into the back and shuffled through boxes.

"I do need help actually. What do you think a guy would like for a present?" You asked as you looked at the different flowers on the shelves.

"Uhm. It depends on the person. What does he like?" IlHoon said as he came out with a box of chocolate and looked at the flowers with you.

"What do you like?" You asked and he tapped his chin as he looked at all the flowers.

"I like these." He pointed to a bouquet with a bunch of blue and white flowers stuck together and you picked two up.

"Can I buy these two and the box of chocolates?" You handed them to IlHoon and he carried them to the cash register.

You paid for the items and when IlHoon went into the back room, you set one bouquet down while you hid the other one and the box of chocolate behind your back.

You opened the door to make it seem like you had left and slowly made your way towards the back room.

Once you got to the door of the back room, you opened it slightly at first so he wouldn't notice.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday Oppa!"