1.9 Hearts

Two Hearts

“Eunjung aaa gwenchana? Are you hurt?” Nickhun asked while hold her shoulders and looked straight at her.

She was on the other hand was more surprised to see him that she could not even mutter a word.

--

“Yoonaa.. at my office..” Taec instructed her at the front desk of his office as soon as he arrived.

Yoona came after made him a cup of coffee and stood there while Taec was looking through the documents on his desk.

“What did I instruct you to do every day?” He asked while his eyes still fixed at the papers.

Yoona on the other hand knew what he meant by that and just sighed.

“Eunjung unnie answered my call....this morning..” She said.

He stopped scanning those papers and his eyes went to Yoona that was pouting and spouting nonsense words under her breath.

He sighed and put the paper down and stood up. He walked to Yoona that was immersed in her own thought about what happened this morning and kept spouting nonsense words. She did not even realised that Taec’s face was already an inch from her.

Taec was bending his tall figure to match hers. And his hands both in his pockets. His face slowly get closer to her.

When she looked up , it’s Taec’s eyes that she caught. She gulped and nervous with his sudden move.

“Nothing happened.” He told her slowly as their eyes met.

With that close distance, Yoona was unable to breath and hold her breath. She just nodded.

He smiled and stood up straight again.

While Yoona’s face turned red without she knew it.

KNOCK!! KNOCK!!

Junho came in and Yoona excused herself.

Taec’s eyes just couldn’t get off her as she walked away.

“It’s cute.” He thought.

“What??!” Junho asked and his eyes went to the way Taec’s eyes were. He smiled sarcastically.

“Really??” Junho asked that Taec take it as an offensive. He stared at Junho that was smiling not feeling even scared or guilty.

“What do you want?” He asked Junho.

“Tonight. We have a dinner gathering. All in this department including your fiancée and pretty secretary.” He told him.

--

Both Eunjung and Nickhun sat at a nearby coffee shop.

They both took a sip of their coffee when Nickhun break the silence.

“How have you been?” He asked.

“It’s okay I guess. With you went missing and so on.” She told him seriously that made him smiled awkwardly. There were so many questions going on in her head. So many unanswered questions that she had to calm herself down and drink more of her coffee.

“I’m going to get married.” He told her that made her eyes went to his eyes searching for truth in his eyes.

She gulped. Her heart, she felt it hurts soo much that she could not even mutter a word. She put down her cup of coffee slowly as she felt her grip weaken hearing the news.

“I....con..congrats?..” She said not looking at his face. She just knew that at that moment her heart hurts so much.

While Nickhun just sat there looking at her expressionless.

Her eyes went back at him.

“I’m going to get married too.” She told him things that he already knew.

“Look...it’s already 11....I...I’m going to get going...It’s late...I..I...” she just couldn’t contain herself at that moment. She just knew that something was missing for the past few months and when it came back, she already lost it.

She packed her bag and went out of the coffee shop while smiled awkwardly at him and waved him goodbye before she took a fast steps out.

She took her breath as soon as she got out of the shop.

She walked slowly as she needed to swallow the words that came out of his mouth just now.

“What am I going to do now? Why is it hurt that much? ” she asked herself while she put her hand on her heart.  

--

While Nickhun just sat there on the coffee shop.

“I’m sorry that I have to do this to you. You know that I’ve hurt also.” He muttered.

--

All of the department employees were drinking and chatting with each other.

Meanwhile Eunjung sat at the corner kept pouring herself a drink and gulped it down.

Taec was talking with one other guy when he noticed that Eunjung kept drinking.

Junho went to sat between Yoona and Taec.

He smiled at Yoona and offered her a drink. She accepted it.

“You have such a beautiful secretary. How can you not tempted?” He asked Taec. He sighed and shot a murderous look at Junho.

“Man, I’m just kidding. Chillax. My friend over there , he is interested in you. Would you like to know him?” Junho told Yoona and show him a tall and handsome figure at the end of the table.

Yoona looked at Taec for approval. Junho then looked at Taec.

“You don’t mind right if Wooyoung want to know her. You know Wooyoung right?” He asked Taec that was already annoyed with him.

“Yes. Wooyoung is a nice guy , you should just get to know him.” He told her. His eyes fixed at Eunjung. He never saw her like this before. This morning she was okay but then what made her drink that much.

He saw Eunjung stood up drunk and walked out of the room.

“So? Are you interested?” Junho kept asking Yoona.

Yoona glared at him.

“NO! I’m not!” She half yelled at him to get Taec’s attention. However that surprised Junho.

Yoona put on a fake smiled and said “instead I want to know you..hahahaha” she said that made Junho’s expression turned from want to get mad to happy.

Yoona’s eyes still at Taec that stood up and walked out of the room followed Eunjung.

--

He ran outside and saw no sight of Eunjung.

Eunjung on the other hand was already in a taxi and was trying to call a number that she tried to call months ago.

“Yah!!! You jerk! ” She half yelled.

--

“Where are you?” Nickhun asked seriously.

He hung up the phone and ran outside his house.

He looked at Eunjung that was sitting at the stairs by the river. She kept drinking the soju that she bought from the nearby store.

Khun walked to her and grabbed her arm and took the soju bottle from her.

“You should stop now.” He said to her.

“Oooo...it’s Nickhun...” she said as her eyes teary.

She then looked at him in the eyes.

“Who do you think you are? Who are you? To...to make me felt this hurt? You.....I....this heart why it hurts so much??? WAE???!! I missed you so much for all those months...I just...don’t know why you did this to me...why?? Why the first thing you said to me when...when we met after..such loooonnngg time,... you will be married?...STOP! Me too!! HAHAHAHA...I’m going to get married too....to someone...that...I did not love....then, am I feeling like this...cause I like you??...” She cried and fall asleep on his chest and kept mumbling.

Khun then carry her and bring her to the car. He put on the seatbelt on her and knelt beside the car and face her.

He looked at her intently.

“Am I overdid this thing? Should I just tell you what this is about?” He sighed as he looked at her tears that falling on her cheek and wipe it with his fingers lovingly.

--

Taec tried to call Eunjung as he was worried that she was totally drunk. He tried called her 3 times and it was sent to the voicemail. He sighed and turned around when he jumped surprised by drunken Yoona behind her.

“You.....” she said while made weird faces.

Taec just laughed to see her many faces.

“You smiled? Yahhhhh!!!!” she was about to punch him when he evaded and grabbed her arm when she was about to fall. He pulled her to him. Her face was on his chest and at that time she focused on the heartbeat of the guy. She closed her eyes and focused.

But then she suddenly get angry and pushed him aside.

“Yah!! You bad guy!” she cursed him.

“What??? Why are you getting angry at me?!” Taec asked confused.

“I’m confused. You!!! Don’t come near me! You.... why did you care soo much for unnie?! Then why do you care so much for me?” she asked.

Taec just stood there.

“She’s my fiancée.” He told her straight.

She nodded.

“Uh...I forgot...she is...” she told herself slowly and walked away slowly dizzily.

He held her arm wanted to support her and she pushed him aside.

Taec sighed and just let her be.

As she was walking, she threw away her heels as she found it was too much for her to handle.

She kept singing and dancing while Taec just followed her from behind.

She was thinking about what he told just this morning of “nothing happened”.

“why he explained it to me? Who am I to him?” she muttered.

“Ah!” she felt sudden pain at her feet.

The next thing she knew was that he already carried her. Slowly she looked at his face and he held such a serious expression.

He put her down at the chair in front of the convenience store and he went inside.

He then knelt in front of her and grabbed her feet and cleaned the wound.

“Ah!!” she screamed as it hurts and hit his chest.

“It’s hurt!” she said to him.

He stood up after cleaned her wound and sighed. He then knelt and offered her his back.

Yoona sighed.

She then put her arm around his neck and he piggyback her.

“You are not that drunk are you?” he asked her.

“Ani...” she replied.

“You can sleep though. I knew where your house is.” He told her. Slowly she put her head on his broad shoulder. She smiled. She love his warmth, the smell of his cologne. Everything about him. She even wondered since when she did felt like this towards him. She loves him. How she wished that time could stop at that moment.

--

As soon as they got in front of her door, he put her down as she already awake.

“Gomawo...” she said. She then walked inside her house after a smile.

Taec then put down her heels that he picked up when she threw it on the street just now and he held her heels for all time she was with him on his back.

--

He walked back into the car that stopped in front of him. He called the driver to pick him up at the street of Yoona’s house.

He went into the car and during the drive back home. He reminded of Yoona’s mumbling during her sleep when he piggybacked her.

“I like you...Ok Taec..yeon...”

--

It was decided that after a family meeting, Taecyeon’s and Eunjung’s engagement will be announced publicly at the Ok Corp. Anniversary Parties.

It was a very grand party and Eunjung was standing at the corner when Taec offered her for a dance.

She just stood there as Taec offered his hand.

“Don’t embarrass me like this. It just a dance.” He told her. She put down her glass of wine and started dancing waltz with him. She was able to keep her pace with him as she took waltz dance classes under her Nanny’s instructions.

“ So, how did you get home the other day when you were totally drunk?” he asked.

“It’s none of your concern.” She said coldly while they both kept their pacing and dancing.

Yoona was serving the guests when she saw both of them dancing. She looked at them admiringly.

Then she almost spilled the glass wine when a dancing couple bump into her.

Taec heard her voice and saw her apologising while he danced with Eunjung.

Then all hands clapped for their amazing dance and Taec went to the back where Yoona was working.

While Eunjung  sat there and drinking again.

“You should stop drinking. It will become a habit.”

She turned around and saw Nickhun. It had been days since the last time she was drunk and called him. Her mother gave her a bit of reminder and warning of what happened.

She just smiled awkwardly and kept drinking tried to ignore him.

“You should stop now.” He told her and put her glass down.

She sighed and went outside at the balcony for a fresh air.

Nickhun followed her.

“So who was it the lucky girl?” she asked after she took a courage of what to say.

“Do you have something to say to me?” he asked her.

“I asked you the question first.” She told him angrily.

He smiled and stood beside her.

“I haven’t even told her how I feel. How should I propose to her?” He asked.

His questions and answers really hurt her. She just hates the fact that he actually like other girl.

“Then you will lose her if you did not tell her. How should she know then?”

“Then... I like you...” Nickhun asked suddenly that made her froze.

“Me? You are about to marry other woman.” She told him and wanted to walk away when he grabbed her arm.

“It has been about you. My life was nothing without you.” He told her.

She turned around and saw in his eyes his sincerity.

“I....” he wanted to continue when a woman ran to Eunjung.

“Agasshii...it’s the president. He is awake.” She told Eunjung. Eunjung eyes went from the woman to Nickhun and the next thing they did was Nickhun pulled her towards the car.

After he put her into the car, he was about to leave when she grabbed his hand.

“Stay with me.” She pleaded and he could felt that she was shaking. He just nodded and get into the car with her.

--

“What a waste....” Yoona said to herself as she was washing the wine glasses. Then she took a glass that had half of the wine and drank it.

“Yah! It’s dirty!” Taec yelled at her.

She was startled but then ignored Taec.

“Why are you here instead of over there at the party?” he asked.

“Too much to handle. Besides, it’s not that fun. How come this party has no kitchen helper?” she asked him then continued to wash the glasses.

Taec then took a pair of glove on the other side and wore it. He then pushed Yoona slightly to the left and start washing the glasses with her.

She giggled.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“Just that it’s funny to see you do the dishes..hahaha” she laughed.

Taec then just push her shoulder slowly using his side, then laughed.

--

Eunjung went into the house with her hand linked to Nickhun. She grabbed him so hard that he made her stopped before let her went into the room.

“Look. It’s going to be okay. He’ll know you.” He told her with his hands both on her cheeks.

She just nodded.

“Now go.” He told her.

“Just...don’t go anywhere.” She ordered him then went into the room.

--

Nickhun stood by the corridor while having a fresh air.

He just sat there and looked at the glittering sky with stars.

“It’s beautiful.” Eunjung said that made him turned around. He smiled.

“How was he?”

“He’s fine. Super fine. I don’t know why but he seemed pretty healthy for a guy who just woke up from a coma.” She told him with a smile.

“Nice to see you smile. It has been a long time since I last saw it.” He said then pinched her cheek.

He then took off his coat and put in on around Eunjung.

“Why a lovely dress.” He said that made her laughed. He then looked up the sky once again.

“Gomawo...~ for being here for me.” She said then hugged him from behind.

“I missed you soo much.” She confessed.

Nickhun then held her hand.

“I missed you too.”

--